week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

seriously, i love the way the pompous douchebag talks like he's in on the secret that everybody else isn't on: SHUT DOWN KELLER AND SANCHEZ WILL BE GARBAGE!!!1 Too bad you didn't watch any Jets games last year, dipshit.

Tom Brady absolutely collapses when there's pressure on him and his OLine is getting shitted on. We can now conclude that Brady is a garbage quarterback.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is genius, did you email it to Tannenbaum?

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the Bills OL is actually firing on all cylnders for once.

and Fred Jackson has been underrated since last year. Just NOW getting the praise he earned all of last season.

but when I spoke of their DL i meant from a pushing the pocket perspective in regards to them attacking Sanchez. especially with how the Jets OL has looked in pass pro thus far.

4. patfanken

patfanken Banned

James, is THAT all you got.

When are Jet fans going to realize that the victory over the Pats in the playoffs, as satisfying as it must be for Jet fans, was LAST YEAR. That's the beauty of the NFL, its brand new every year. The Pats turned over its roster 25%, I'm sure the Jets have added at least the average 15% turnover.

Now if you want to tweak me or other Pats fans with the playoff win, that's fine....and YES it's still painful.:wink: But LAST year has nothing to do with this year, for either of the 2 teams we follow. Read the standard disclaimer . "Prior success is no guarantee of future gains",

The last 2 years the Jets have reached the AFCCG, by having an elite running game and an elite defense. Can any of you Jet fans say that you are comfortable with either aspect of your team right now. Look at the fact that ALL of your RBs are averaging UNDER 3 ypc !!, And while your defense looked great vs the hapless Jags; the pass defense against Dallas was actually WORSE than the sorry performance the Pats D put up against Miami.

They have a hard but winnable game against Oakland on the road, followed by 2 very tough road games with the Ravens and Pats. Come out of those 3 games 2-1 and this could very well be THE YEAR. But who knows even then. Back in 2001 the Pats were 5-5 after the first 5 games and won a superbowl and what about a few years ago when the Giants started something like 5-0 and didn't make the playoffs. so who knows what we can tell about the long term meaning of ANY of these games in the first 2 months

I read a post recently that correctly noted that when you look at the last few superbowl winners most of them, like the Packers, were teams that scuffled during the regular season and then got hot in the playoffs,

#244 patfanken, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Paragraph one: Dismiss point because it was LAST YEAR.

Paragraphs 3-5: Feeble attempt to make a valid point based on even older statistics.

Patriot fan cognitive dissonance, AKA 'Shit for Brains".

#245 James Calvin, Sep 22, 2011
  6. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Jackson has been underrated for more years than that. BB actually gushes when he talks about him. If the Bills OL can keep Fitzgerald upright, then the Pats will have MORE than enough to handle in ANOTHER shootout.

My biggest worry will be if we will have enough DBs to put out there against a team that uses a lot of 4 WR sets. Chung had minor surgery today, Barrett is also playing with a cast, plus CBs Arrington, Dowling and Boddin all got dinged. Replacing Koppen will be easy compared to solving this clusterf**k

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Well said. Jets are favorite because they are the better team right now, but Oakland has improved quite a lot the last two years and I'd expect them to be in the playoff hunt with KC sucking and Chargers choking as usual. U guys have a nice chance of winning the division if u sweep the Chargers.

8. patfanken

patfanken Banned

James Calvin Logic:
    1.Ignore the obvious -

2.Live on past "glories" (though losing 2 AFCCGs isn't much glory to REAL elite teams, though given the last 41 years of Jet history, maybe it is.)

3.Hope for the best

9. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Speaking of past glories, why do you keep mentioning your dusty old Super Bowl crap?

And speaking of the great relevant stats using the small sample size of 2 games, your pats defense is ranked next to last in the entire NFL. Slightly better than the dolphins and worse than 30 other teams. Your defense sucked last year, this year it is worse. Good luck with that.

The only reason I mentioned last year's playoff beat down is because it it the last time the Jets and Pats played each other. Conventional logic said the Jets would lose that one. I guess conventional logic doesn't always apply in real life football games.

#249 James Calvin, Sep 22, 2011
  10. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

These catch-all Jets vs. next opponent threads are brutal. Lets get some multiple threads going surrounding different aspects of the game this weekend.

11. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I hope we attack Demarcus VanDyke when he's in the game

Dude was horrible at the U. Only reason he got drafted was his ability to run

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Jacoby Ford is likely out and it looks like Taiwan Jones will be returning kicks for the Raiders. Jones is extremely fast and can be a home run hitter

13. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

the westhoff better just tell folk to kick out the back of the end zone.

14. Throat Punch

Throat Punch New Member

The Bills are actually a pretty good football team. I think you Jets will come to find out like we did.

Once up 21-3 the Raiders played soft zone and were giving the Bills the short intermediate routes all day- its a plan that backfired on them. Bills lined up in 5 man WR's most of the game.

Thats why you see the big passing yards agaisnt the Raiders that game, but when you look at the 1st half- Raiders beat the Bills up and down the field.

Chris Johnsons Int with 20 seconds left in the game to seal the win for Oakland was thwarted by a helluva play by the Bills WR to knock it out of Johnsons hands

Should be a good game. I think Oakland takes advantage of Mangolds injury and really brings it to the Jets OL and will put pressure on Sanchez most of the game

My quess is the Jets will play action and screen dumps to the RB's

Raiders 23
    Jets - 13

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah, no reason to suspect the Jets will take advantage of single coverage on either of their WRs or their TE who has almost 200 yards and 2 TDs in two games.
    I suspect it will be check-down, bubble screen, check-down etc.

16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that we need to go 2-1 in our next three games to be considered realistic contenders, and even if we do there's a good chance that we won't even make the playoffs, but based upon recent years' evidence our best chance of going to the Super Bowl is to not do that well in the regular season.

Useful.

17. Throat Punch

Throat Punch New Member

This will be the best pass rush the Jets have faced so far- Raiders can bring it, especially with Mangold out. Sanchez may not have as much time as he'd like on sunday which is why you'll see a RB screen if the pressure is quick

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Better than Rob Ryan's Cowboys spearheaded by Demarcus Ware? I don't know man.. Ware was blowing up the offensive line all game. Wimbley, Seymour and McClain are good but I think the Jets will hold it down.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nevermind a three step drop and some quick slants to one of the best playmaking WRs in the league. Or maybe a quick out pattern to Derrick Mason who is a great route runner with great hands. Or as someone pointed out, that big physical TE who can get yards after the catch named Dustin Keller, he might be a good look.

And god forbid Sanchez gets any kind of time, Plax and Holmes can make the Raiders secondary look very stupid. Unfortunately, it's the other side of the ball I'm worried about. Getting pressure on Campbell, not letting McFadden get outside, covering Boss if he plays.

Edit: And since when is a RB screen to LT something we shouldn't want?

20. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Hey James, you know I only mention the superbowls in context with a point I'm trying to make, like starting the season 0-2, etc. I never (well rarely) lord the superbowls over Jet fans. That would be like eating in front of a starving man. Not cool.

That being said, at least I have superbowl memories (good and bad) LOTS of them. I've been to 2 of them (1-1). Ironically I even have good memories of the Jets superbowl as well, being an AFL fan in my youth. So not only do I have the memories of FIVE superbowl runs by the Pats, I also have the likely advantage (if being over 60 has any advantages) of good memories of the Jets SINGLE shining moment in its history. (of course that assumes you aren't over 60) But I would never lord THAT over you. :wink:

While the Pats are #31 in total D, its interesting to note that #30 (by a whopping 2 yds) is GB, and no mediot ever questions the Packer D. I wonder why that is?

Now we both hope that this small 2 game sample is not indicative of the way the rest of the season is going to go for the Jets running game and the Pats pass D, but UNTIL we see differently we BOTH have to live with the current results. And the fact that the Jets run game sucks ISN'T mitigated by the fact that the Pats pass D sucks. Both are real and BOTH are problems for our respective teams, :

Unfortunately for the Pats its not likely to get any better in Buffalo with all the injuries in our secondary and the fact that Buffalo, not the Pats lead the league in scoring, and the highest rated QBR is not Brady, but Ryan Fitzpatrick

No it doesn't James, otherwise the games would be pretty boring. BTW- I don't really begrudge Jet fans using the "playoff win card". It SHOULD be a source of great pride for Jet fans.

My only objection is when its used as a reference in relation to THIS year's Jets and Pats teams, when in fact, while it was a great win for the Jets LAST year, its irrelevant THIS year. The only "logical" reason to us it is to make me feel bad. :wink: