week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I mean that's all fine and dandy but to be honest you moved the ball on a pretty bad Bills secondary and struggled for a while against a horrible Denver secondary (but I'll give you that it was raining and the first game of the year).

2. JustWinBaby

JustWinBaby New Member

Please don't take RF.net to be the viewpoint of all Raiders fans.

That site makes me sick to my stomach sometimes. Denarius Moore has one good game, and some idiot makes a thread about him being able to outplay Revis.

The Jets are favored this weekend, as they should be. I expect Oakland to make it a game, but the people on that board are crazy if they think Oakland has any chance of blowing you guys out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Raiders fan. I'm also a realist.

3. LiveFromThe718

LiveFromThe718 New Member

I'm sure that most of us here appreciate a realistic take from an opposing fan. Its refereshing. You wouldn't believe some of the shit other fanbases come on here talking about.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

you wouldnt believe some of the shit our idiot fans say.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Posters who thank IATA for this post:

Miamipuck

Ok last one........lol

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

me dos

Oak is better than most people think. Run DMC is a madman when he gets blocking.

Always thought Campbell was solid, but he was trapped in WAS with a revolving door for coordinators with Cooley and an aged Santana Moss as his targets, with little to no run game

curious to see if he finally pans out in OAK

their front 7 is pretty good even with Seymour at his age.

I think we win but not in a blowout.

7. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Currently watching the Bills/Raiders game from last week. Oakland secondary and defense in general just looked terrible. Poor coverage, terrible tackling and just poor execution.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I watched it last night on NFL replay and thought the same thing. Their D looked straight up bad.

I just hope the O-line provides Sanchez with enough time to exploit the secondary and/or open up some holes for the run game.

9. LiveFromThe718

LiveFromThe718 New Member

I'll put up a thanks for that. Also true. Definetly should have considered that side of the coin.

10. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

It's pretty simple: 3 step drop, get rid of the ball over the middle--all day long. That'll open up the running game and everything else. I've seen it too many times to think anything different will happen on Sunday.

Players and coaches come and go on our defense but with always the same result: blown coverages, poor tackling, poor discipline in gap assignments... name it, the Raider D does it poorly.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I think a hurry up offense will be effective against them.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Never overestimate Brian Schottenheimer.

13. JustWinBaby

JustWinBaby New Member

Injury Update:

WR DHB, TE Boss, CB Chris Johnson & K Jano are all back, limited practice. SS Mitchell, WR Murphy are both out. Both expected to miss Jets game.

14. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You would think that it would be a strong DLine, Coach, but Buffalo ran the ball for OVER 220 yds. Granted most teams these days PASS for over 200 yds in a half, but that's still a lot of yds. You would think it would be a good week for the Jets running game to get going. And if it doesn't, then Jet fans will see just how good Mark Sanchez really is.

15. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I'm wondering if patfanbarbie is longing for a sex change and posting as patfanken.

I think the Jets fans had an idea how good Sanchez is when he knocked the Pats out of the playoffs last time. He also out passed Brady in that game.

I sometimes wonder if it's possible that people have actual shit for brains, or just selective memories.

#235 James Calvin, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah it was difficult to get a read on him in those 6 playoff games the last 2 years.....This Raider game is really going to open our eyes.

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

The only true measure of a QB is to put him on a team with a bunch of crappy white midgets and a suck ass defense, and see what kind of fantasy numbers he racks up in the regular season before going one and out in the playoffs in back to back years.

18. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You are correct in hitting on the pass that Sanchez loves the most. The seam and crossing patterns 13-17 yds right down the middle. They are by far the favorite and most accurate passes that Sanchez makes. Most of the time, he makes this pass off of play action.

You would think that any team that has the film of the Jets first 2 games and all the games from last season would come to the say same conclusion. However as the season goes on and teams start to realize that the great Jets running game is just a myth of past seasons, its going to be tougher and tougher to make that pass.

Clearly the Raiders should be targeting Keller for special treatment. Any defense can shut down, or at least slow down ANY threat. The Pats held the best TE in the league to ZERO catches. It was by design. Unfortunately when you do that the good QBs make you pay elsewhere. Like Vincent Jackson having a career day.

Lets see first if the Raiders choose to shut down Keller, and THEN, lets see if Sanchez has advanced to the point where he is patient enough to take what the defense gives him. Good QBs have the patience, others will continue to throw into tight coverages

If I were the Raiders I would play with five underneath coverages with tight zone coverage underneath and 3 deep over the top. You can do this and disguise it as a 2 deep look at the snap of the ball.

I would have my ILBs ignore the run until they see the ball handed off. Keller would NEVER get off the LOS without being hit and for the most part I'd play him with an extra S rather than a LB

For the most part I'd rush just 3 or 4, interspersed with 8-10 disguised blitzes

19. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

most of the 'experts' picking the raiders.

20. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

WHy are you wasting time on a Jets message board? You should be coaching for the pats. You might have been able to get them past the 2 out of 3 games they lost to the Jets last year.