17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Sounds about right. I guess they'd fill up at those prices... maybe. I still think they could really entice people by dropping the Preseason Games from the package. That's the thing that pisses people off the most, I think, paying for those things. Everybody knows they're not worth $20, especially the 3rd or 4th game where you see virtually no starters at all.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The loss of $$$$$ from the preseason games is far to great to lose so the owners will not stop forcing us to buy tix for those silly games :jets:

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well all I am did is furnish the group some feedback I received about the seats & his HO of the stadium :jets:

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree that the value in these seats do not match the prices, but you guys are on acid if you believe that for one, the prices will be lowered, and more importantly, that they be lowered to HALF of what they were in the previous stadium? C'mon now.

I have a more sensible solution. Remove a level of suites so that the Upper level is 12 ft lower. Then, put a roof on the place. While we're at it, reduce the price of a momma nonna meatball sandwich by .50 :rofl:

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

what?

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

Gotta put that one into the Champ to English translator app on my iphone

You have 4 Champ posts left. Would you like to update to the full version for 99 cents?

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Now that is what you call comedy!

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

On the flip side, the owners recognize that fans are angry about paying full freight for garbage time games, which is why they wanted to add an extra home game to the schedule and make it only 1 garbage time game. That way all the STH would just be happy and shut up, but the owners would still get full revenue on 10 home games.

But thanks to the new CBA, the players made sure that won't happen for the next 10 years. So we're stuck, and the owners aren't going to give up that revenue. Instead, Woody Johnson is going to start cutting prices on upper deck seats. In the long run, he's smart enough to understand that thousands of seats at $60 (or whatever) face is better than thousands of last minute seats at $15 for the "military"

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

It won't happen but I can dream. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a price drop in row 20 - 26 in the end zones. They were pretty empty last week.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Yes but the revenue from those silly games juast might be the straw that breaks the camel's back next year.

STHers have been bitching about those two full-price games for years and while Woody has the PSL people by the balls and they cannot walk away, the Upper Deckers certainly can (and probably many will).

So, Woody either makes a concession on the Preseasons or he loses the entire revenue for a set of Season Tickets. His problem is, he can't give the Uppers taht break without a major revolt downstairs, so he won't.

And now he's between a rock and a hard place, knowing the Preseasons are going to make many an UDer walk and not being able to reduce the price or eliminate them because it wouldn't be fair to the Lower Decks.

But my guess is Gordon is right and he will find another way of trying to retain the UD crowd... probably by lowering UD prices. He could also wait until he gets to shaft the PSLers with his customary 10% rate hikes and then not increase the ticket prices up there, thereby in effect giving them a price concession.

Either way, I'm sure he recognizes that he's going to have many a vacancy in the UD next year unles something is done. Not so in the Lowers, where he has all of them by the balls big time.

11. Section 227. Row 5

If Woody reduces the UD ticket prices by 20%, he effectively gives the UD the Preseason Games for free. And no one downstairs can complain because, after all, they had the chance to sit up there and opted to pay through the ass instead.

That would probably keep everyone relatively happy, providing we're winning of course. If we evolve into losing seasons, look out below. Most of today's Season Ticketholders have no clue how badly the bottom falls out. They bought their PSLs while the sun was shining, never imagining the bottomless abyss when the storm comes.

I remember the Kansas City game (last one of the season) several years back. 16,000 people in the stadium (maybe) and we moved down to the 50-yard line 7th row in the lowers. Even Security didn't give a shit because it was somebody to talk to. The place was a ghost town.

12. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but we bought our PSLs with the intention of going to the games. I dont know, maybe we are nuts...

Did everyone buy their tickets with the intent to resell and make money on them? Is that really the main concern of most Jets season ticket holders?

What does happen when the "bottom falls out"? What is the "bottomless abyss"?

We paid for our PSLs and tickets because we are Jets fans who enjoy going to the games, and we can afford it. We never viewed this as some sort of investment... are we in the minority?

13. Section 227. Row 5

I'm talking about ticket prices. We've been discussing recent ticket prices resales as per the charts that are posted several posts back. That's been the subject line for several pages now.

I'm glad you purchased your PSL solely to use them for every game and to never have to re-sell any of them. And yes, you might be in the minority if that's the case.

I've been a ticketholder since 1985 and will admit that there have been many times I could not go to games and had to resell. So the subject is of interest, I believe, to many season ticketholders.

I do understand how annoying some of my posts would be to someone like yourself and I'm sorry about that, but some of us on here enjoy talking about what happens when you do have to sell, and of course, there are others who have been coming here looking for guidance on buying as well. So, I don't see the discussion ending any time soon.

Now, on the subject of concern to most ticketholders, I believe that yes, it is a concern to many. If you're new to owning seats it may not concern you just yet, but at some point it may if your circumstances change and you cannot go to some games, et transferred, life-changing situations take place, etc., and for some reason, you cannot use the tickets. Then it becomes a concern. And when the season tanks znd this is the case, yes, the bottom falls out of your attempt to at least recoup $.50 on a dollar.

Again, I'm happy for you in your present situation and by all means, please do keep attending every game no martter what and you won't have to concern yourself with reading my posts!

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

If you go for 20 years and paid a 10k psl for per seat, it would mean that the psl cost 50 bucks a game per seat. 10,000/200 games. Not that bad. Seems like a long time but year 2 will be over before you know it. Time flies.

15. Section 227. Row 5

WOW!:eek:hmy:

I've never seen the math done that way and I'm glad for Woody that many consider an extra $50 per game per seat to be inconsequential, but over 20 years that's a pretty hefty add-on tax in my opinion. I'll bet if the "reps" who sold those things had expressed it that way at the time of sale, it would have been the financial equivalent of smelling salts.

If you tack on the additional 10% price hikes which are sure to come in the PSL sections, I could imagine the real cost per ticket becoming quite expensive indeed.

I know in my case, to remain where I was (or the equivalent thereof), my PSL would have been $7500 and ticket price at $400. Times four! They eventually lowered the ticket price to a svelt $250, which is still off the charts IMO, considering I would have had to lay out 30 Large in addition.

Any way I looked at it, it made zero sense to me. As a result of my telling the "rep" to fuck off, my grandchildren will be getting financial aide from grampa 227 to help them through college and graduate without student loans as a burden, so the 30 Big Ones plus the cost of the tickets was a no brainer.

But to each his own. Extra 50 bucks per ticket for 20 years. Hmmmm....

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You're COMPLETELY missing the point. What you said makes sense only if your goal is throw money out the window, no matter what you can afford.

If your intention is to go to all the games, why the fuck wouldn't you pick the seating location you want, for a fraction of the price, and for only the games you want to go (even if you go to all 10 games). Has nothing to do with resales or "investments" but everything to do with getting ripped off

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

227, I need a grampa to help me pay for my daughters last 3 years of college. I will pay for your pre-season games and buy you 4 $9.00 beers and 4 $8.50 hot dogs. Never mind, paying for college is cheaper.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

I knew there would be a 4 paragraph 227 rant in response to a simple math post.

At least we're talking again though :)

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my offer my 4 seats plus orange parking pass misses the 2 preseason tickets
    or
    i will buy 6 games on stubhub to the ones im going to attend.
    10 games $95 = $950
    $950/6 = $159 per game i can pay

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

No, not nuts. In fact, we all need more die-hards lie you in those seats.

I probably have a reputation for being a complainer about all of this, but I'll never knock a fan that goes to the game like I do, for buying a PSL. Wish I could have, and I wish my seats were better. I try to limit my complaints to the lousy stadium experience we all have. But, It's far more lousy upstairs, which is PSL-free. That's where my anger comes from.

That said, you're reading more complaints about it because that's what motivates people to post. Just like talk radio - the incentive to dial and wait on hold is usually because of a desire to get a negative feeling aired.