Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Looks like this should head to Applebees.

2 men enter one man leaves.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There are really only two kinds of posters on message boards. There are ones who, when faced with facts that undermine a previously stated position of theirs, refuse to acknowledge that and go on coming up with nonsense and bs about how the facts do no such thing. Even when it is apparent they did. Then there are posters willing to admit they were wrong, and go on from there.

3. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

My favorite exchange thus far.

There are only two kinds of people in this world: those that think there are only two kinds of people in this world and those that know better.

/fortune cookie

4. JCotchrocket

Leon Hall?

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Cromartie was the best player on the field yesterday bar maybe Revis who was his usual blanket but with Revis taking receivers out and losing his ability to make plays Cro stepped up big.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Vontae Davis is a pretty good corner too he might make that top ten. He has struggled a little this year but he played at a real high level last year.

7. Big Blocker

Geez, you missed the point. Completely. Ftr, dumbass, I don't really think there are only two kinds of people on the world.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

That list is awesome.

Nambi
    Sammuels
    Rummpt

9. JCotchrocket

Actually, he's one half of the best cornerback tandem in the NFL. The fact that they're ranked 30th against the pass is Channing Crowder's fault.

Somehow.

10. JCotchrocket

Don't you mean awesomme?

11. JCotchrocket

It's a joke, BB. I got the point of your post, did you get the point of mine?

12. Big Blocker

Yes, I did, but to be honest, I think yours was a bit of a digression.

THe main point is Cro's game yesterday should be acknowledged by his haters to be proof that he on the whole plays corner very well, is making a real contribution making us forget Brad Smith on returns, and is generally being a team player.

Facts are facts. Acknowledge them and move on.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Exactly. He almost looks comical with those strides until he kicks in the after-burner, and then all of a sudden the angle of attack has been underestimated and he's going by you like you're in slow-mo.

His almost "awkward" strides disguise the after-burner kicking in and you don't notice it until it's too late, then you're left going "WTF is up with this freaking guy?" as he races beyond your reach.

He's got great hands too. Up and at 'em and then he's gone. A 109-yard KO return is some serious shit.

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Somebody here wanted us to draft DHB n then keeps claiming how right he was.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Forgetting about Brad Smith is fairly easy for me. Crow's total contribution is hands-down better. I never liked the Eric Mangini "Jack-off All Trades and Masturbator of None" theory anyway. I always thought you'd wind up with a fairly skilled but expendable athlete and that's what happened. Yeah, his Wildcat stuff was a fun thing to anticipate while it lasted, but in the end, you're better off with a Crow and the other really high-quality talent we have at the various positions.

QBs looking at Crow and Revis in the same backfield have got to be really nervous, Tommy-Boy included.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

How is he had a good game yesterday proof that on the whole he plays corner very well? How many bad games have we watched this guy grab, hold and get tangled up in his own legs against good WR who are teamed with good QB's?

Cro can cover tall straight line speed guys. He is a freak athlete who is owned by quick cutting WR's and strong WR ever week. His run support on the whole kind of sucks. Over all he is a decent to above average No. 2 CB who based on his talent and experience should be alot better than he is. Worth the money? Maybe we will see over the course of his contract.

Based on yesterdays sampling comming to any conclusions other than a great athlete had a real good game against a totally inept NFL O is about all you can gleen. If Cro was a rookie you could look at yesterdays game and go wow. Since we know what he is I don't think yesterdays game is a turning point. He is what he is.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I look forward to seeing this thread yo yo all year with Cro's play.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I think one could describe him as a "decent to above average #1" or a "very good #2," but I disagree that he's a "decent to average #2."

Good corners are hard to come by and the fact that he plays opposite possibly the best corner in the league right now is a huge disadvantage and something that shouldn't be overlooked. When I think back on all the half-assed corners we've had (truly "decent to average #2s), I'm thankful we've got the Crow-Revis tandem in place right now.

Is he perfect? No way. But he always seems to give it 100%, which is more than I can say for some other DBs we've had in the past.

19. Denny

Denny Active Member

Cro has hands! Thing of beauty! Aso who?

20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls