Bill Belichick NFL Network Special

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by lamont_jordan_rules, Sep 15, 2011.

?

Will You Watch The Bill Belichick Special?

1. Yes, Know Thine Enemy

70.7%
  2. No, I'd Rather Be Intimate With Rosanne Barr, Oprah Winfrey and Kirstie Alley at the Same Time

29.3%
  1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

How did he cheat in his profession? Think before you answer please ..:up:

2. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Did you catch when he was in a coach's meeting .. he was validating what allot of Patriots fans were saying back then ... Erase moss deep, and eliminate Welker ... and we are done .. can't do anything else ...

but how he called that first game was amazing .. even the detail down to when Sanchez is under center in the red area, he's gong to Keller .. :grin:

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i didnt get to watch the entire thing, but this was awesome. closest thing to hard knocks we will ever see by a divisional opponent.

4. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

still pissed when he walked out on the Jets, but the piece where he is walking around in the old Giants Stadium shed alot of light on Parcell and him and why he went to New England.

the piece when Kraft was watching the Jets game and he keeps yelling out miss as Jay was kicking a field goal...anyone hear what Kraft said?

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I found it a little interesting how, the day before players check in, Belichick is out fishing off Nantucket (at the greatest spot in the world for bluefish, by the way), and how he went back to Nantucket during the bye-week. I guess I just always assumed the guy was a football hermit, always huddled away in his office studying film.

Heard the producer talking about episode two. He mentioned Belichick goes to a Halloween party and put "as much effort into his costume as he does in his game planning." I don't ask for much in this world, but seeing Bill Belichick dressed in drag would make up for A LOT.

6. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

That was a tremendous show. Belichick is nothing like his press conferences and it was evident in that piece. I loved the meetings with Brady and Kraft. Brady comes off as more bright that I thought he was in those film sessions as he is dictating to Belichick what they should run.

7. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Then he cancelled that out with the scene of him whining in that god-awful high pitched voice and making excuses like a 5 year old on the sidelines of the season opener.

I wanted to smack his ass and send him to his room.

#47 colleen74, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Brady came across as a whiny primadonna in that segment.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I love football and maybe the reviews hyped me up more than was presented, but this felt much like Sound FX or Mike'd Up. Didn't get as much of the insight or behind the scenes shit I was expecting.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That's not the only reason. He left our franchise high and dry in 2000

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

True, but he just didn't want to be a puppet for Parcells. It was a no win situation. If they win, genius Bill P is pulling the strings, if they lose, he was just another assistant who couldn't handle the head job.

I think you can be fairly critical of the way it went down, but, I think you can see why he didn't want to be put in that spot.

I really think BB would only leave the Pats for the Giants gig. I think that's his dream job.

12. Dogggggggg

Dogggggggg New Member

I've been reading here for a while, just never posted. But James Calvin is the biggest ignorant piece of fucking shit I've ever seen. Makes Jets fans look bad. That comment about Kraft's wife (one of multiple I might add) is just fucking disgusting. Have some respect faggot

#52 Dogggggggg, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Edited and narrated exactly like Hard Knocks, but in my opinion more interesting because it's real games and not just camp.

Agreed, but I think in the heat of battle coming off the field you're in a different state of mind. My favorite part was when Belichick says "it was way over his head" and Brady answers with "oh yeah, that one."

If anyone looked like a girl it's Jon Bon Jovi.

I was thinking that too, but why would he go anywhere else now?

Regarding Parcells, if I remember correctly Parcells only stayed because Belichick left and he didn't want to leave the Jets in total chaos. Had Belichick stayed (ie honored his word and contract with Leon Hess) Parcells would have been out of the picture.

Watching this show actually makes me like Belichck again a little bit, even though he's the enemy.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I believe the plan was for BB to take over as coach and Tuna was going to be President/GM or some such thing.

15. Thomas144

Thomas144 Member

Exactly, which is presumably what Belichick was objecting to. I'm surprised to see that (some) Jets fans are angry at Belichick for resigning from the Jets, when I would think they should be angry with Parcells.

As a Patriots fan, I really enjoyed watching the Jets on Hard Knocks (the only season I ever bothered to watch it), but I know from the interwebs that (some) other Patriots fans refused to watch it (or claimed they did).

My favorite part of this Belichick show is where Brady is talking to BB on the sidelines in this panicked, pip-squeak voice.

As an aside (first time I have posted here in years I think), I really enjoy this message board and think you guys are hysterically funny.

16. Italian Seafood

I'm going from memory here, but I recall in Parcells' step-down press conference (the day before Belichick's hostage-tape step-down) he went on and on about being done with football. The plan dating back to the 1997 heist of Parcells and his staff from New England was for Belichick to take over the whole program when Parcells left.

If you remember, Belichick was initially named head coach and Parcells a "consultant" until Kraft could work out the details with Leon Hess. Kraft wanted our #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft that winter as compensation, but didn't get it.

17. Italian Seafood

By the way, in the tease for part 2, where Belichick is complaining about not being able to adjust the clock in his car--awesome. Had me rolling, that's the kind of thing that irritates me too.

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

They played that part over and over again on Boston sports radio Friday afternoon. When I first saw it my reaction was the same as most people's... basically cringing if you're a Pats fan, laughing if you're not!

But I think, now having heard it several times now, that Brady was being a wise-ass. It's the change in the tone of his voice...

BB: Settle down, buddy. Step into the throw.

TB: (High-pitched.) I got drilled! The guy was in my face!

BB: What about the one to Maroney?

TB: (Still high-pitched.) It hit him in the hands!

BB: It was over his head.

TB: (Suddenly in his normal voice.) Oh, that one.

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

This almost deserves it's own thread.

[​IMG]

20. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member