Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I hope this keeps going. Abyz is making a far more convincing argument though.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we'll see how much money I make panhandling in Manhattan first.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

LOL @ that dude* bringing a 2010 off-season quote into a thread about Cromartie.

Everyone in the world thought Cotchery was incredibly underrated* in 2009. His problems didn't come about until 2010 and then the "mysterious" back injury happened.

If you look around, you'll see that I was one of the few that was fine to see him cut and replaced by Derrick Mason.

#204 Mr Electric, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I do find it funny that it took abyzmul for the Mr. E haters to grow some balls.

I happen to think both are top notch.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He was a top ten corner statistically last season. Someone else has already proven that for me.

No, like when you said you'd take Mike Jenkins over Antonio Cromartie after one game. Like that.

Didn't prentend I was laying down any kind of gospel here. ...just pointing out some pretty ignorant comments.

Vague? You're the guy talking about Cromartie not working with his position coach, then saying positions coaches don't matter in the NFL. Dave Campo becomes infinitely better under Rob Ryan. You're the guy saying that Cromartie is not watching the hips, when for the thousandth time, you have no idea what he's looking at in coverage.

Second best defensive back behind Darrelle Revis is a pretty big compliment. Also pretty retarded.

Incorrect information? It's okay for you to speculate, but no one else can. I see.

I'll just assume a bunch of bullshit from now on.

WADE PHILLIPS SUCKS THO!!!!!!!!!!

You don't like his play style. I get it. Ryan wouldn't have re-signed the guy if he didn't have faith in him. He was the best available talent and he signed for what his position group was demanding.

He wasn't overpaid, it's just what he's worth.

What if I said that block was because of his heart and effort? You'd probably think that sounded retarded. ...because it does.

I didn't say it was a "routine" block. I said it was a vicious hit...but he was simply doing his job.

Jenkins was an easy target.

[youtube]kLZN0CabW6s[/youtube]

Watch what Ray Lewis does there. Is it because he's frustrated? No, his team is up 24-3.

He's just doing his job. If a faggot isn't looking around, light him up.

Oversimplified? You claimed that Mike Jenkins became a top level corner just one shortened off-season after Dallas had one of the worst secondaries in the league.

Their defense looked pretty different on Sunday night, but the secondary still looked mediocre.

Who spends the most time with Mike Jenkins and Terence Newman and the rest of the Cowboys defensive backs in the film room? Dave Campo. That's not oversimplified. That's a fact.

Sutton's got a different role now than he did under Mangini.

Jim Herrmann's not...

So, no, you're not right.

I thought his reaction to the hit was great - that's the kind of mentality a player under Rex Ryan should have. Hold nothing back.

That's your opinion. Being cocky doesn't necessarily make you a punk.

Don't go gambling anytime soon.

It. Does. Not. Matter. What. You. Want.

Stop bitching about it. You have no control over who does and does not play for this team.

Oh, I forgot you read that book. You know what's best for this team and it's philosophy.

I don't see anyone bashing Sanchez for throwing a pick that led to a score and fumbling a ball that luckily didn't end the game. All I saw about Sanchez was some gay thread about his glassy eyes.

You're acting like Antonio Cromartie was the only reason the Jets were behind for most of the game. It's sad.

So you oversimplified it?

Get my attention? You're clearly the one that wants attention. The reason behind starting a thread like that is wanting attention.

#206 Mr Electric, Sep 16, 2011
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Open your eyes a little wider. Oh wait, that's impossible.

8. NYJ888

NYJ888 New Member

Is he worth that money, nope. Do I regret doing that deal, not at all, we needed a number 2 corner, bad, and we got him.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

[​IMG]

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously, everyone in the world thought Cotchery's 800 yards and 3 TDs would make him incredible in 2010? This is a joke right? We often had threads or posts where users said they wouldn't mind trading/releasing Cotchery for salary cap. U can do the search, cuz apparently you are pretty good at it.

And why would you not be fine with Cotch being cut? He had a 400 yard injury riddled season last year when u thought he'd be the next Jerry Rice.

#210 Jets n Boys, Sep 16, 2011
  11. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

You ask is Cromartie worth the 8 million a year, so I'll ask you, do you think any NFL Player is worth anywhere near that much money? Now im sorry, but It doesnt take a whole lot of Brains to play football. Half of the NFL players would be bagging items at food lion if it wasnt for the NFL. Of course the players are great athleats and great at what they do, but for crying out loud, Every Single Player is overpaid.

12. 624

624 Banned

That's all

13. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

Love how this theard goes from Cromartie to Cotchery to Injuries to 2010 to hell and then back to cromartie for about 5 minutes and then the process starts over again. Some of you may know the history better than others, but no one on this board is better than anyone else, MODS included, and if you were so brilliant on the game, then you would have some sort of job with the NFL. One thing we all have in common is we love the Jets, and thats why Pet created this Site!

14. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

Sorry Dick face, I forgot you are a know it all. If you have nothing better to do than spell check peoples post then go suck bradys dick.

That's all.

Oh and P.S. You forgot the period after thats all

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Incredibly underrated is what I meant. Those numbers are obviously not incredible.

I definitely didn't think that. You root for two teams - you have no credibility.

#215 Mr Electric, Sep 16, 2011
  16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

So did you.

Have a nice vacation.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

And when u become clueless, you revert to childish posts such as ur last one and the ones where u start calling people faggot.

I definitely have no credibility cuz I have no sources besides reading up articles, but where the hell do u get ur credibility from?

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How is calling J-Co underrated after 2009's season clueless?

You are "fan" of two teams. Every time someone asks you which team you like more, you tell them to read. ...the hell does that even mean?

19. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

This thread is like the special olympics debate team.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

lolz nigga u funny yo