Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

We got another running back in this year's draft. Perhaps you missed that. McKnight isn't Shonn Greene; they don't fill the same role. However, to label McKnight as someone who lacks skills as a running back is still just silly.

2. ........

........ Trolls

With one rather notable exception, it's never easy when the Jets go to Oakland. I love the fact that Zach Miller is out of Oakland, though. They'll have a tougher time attacking our biggest weakness with Kevin Boss.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree. We need LT to last and be fresh at the end, someone else had to ram it into the line all year, it either has to be Greene or McKnight.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You guys keep forgetting about Bilal Powell. He's a between-the-tackles back.

He'll be active against inferior competition. I want to see what he can do running behind our first team line.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The Jets usually have trouble when they go out to Oakland, except when they had the joke Jamarcus Russell qb'ing anyway. Won't be an easy game, but the Raiders don't match up well with the Jets.

The Jets are excellent at stuffing the run, and that's the Raiders bread and butter. The Jets D struggles when teams can spread them out and get mismatches with an elite TE against the safeties. Oakland has Kevin Boss, who is hardly elite and a bunch of speedy but average receivers. Plus the Raiders D sucks against the run.. could be a great game to get the ground and pound back on track.

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

1000% disagree there. They were that way last year. IMHO they were better than mediocre last year. If they won that game in Arizona where Janakowski missed a gimme FG early in the season, that division would have turned out different.

thing is, since then, they lost two of their best players. Nmandi and zach miller are both gone.

and jason campbell sucks

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm curious about Powell because I have yet to really see much of him. By the time he played in the preseason games I was barely paying attention anymore. Do you think he'll play this week?

I have no issue with it not being McKnight that takes carries from Greene, or if it's LT (who I'm a huge fan of). The only thing I care about is having a back who can get some yards. I just don't feel Greene can.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If you don't make the playoffs, you're mediocre in my book.

I think the Raiders will play us a lot tougher than a lot of you guys seem to think. They have solid receivers and two very capable backs.

Their front seven is very good too.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm hoping that our younger guys get a lot of reps against a bad JAX team.

If he's active next week, I'll expect him to get some reps.

Shonn Greene is just inconsistent. We've seen him perform well plenty of times, but his play is just spotty.

I'm willing to bet that Joe McKnight earned some offensive reps with that blocked punt last night. Rex will reward him for that.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Jets are also weak against the screen game and McFadden is a dangerous receiver out of the backfield.

I think the Jets will win, but it won't be a blowout victory.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't necessarily disagree on Greene, though I think it's been long enough since he's been on the good side of inconsistent that he shouldn't be viewed as the "answer" in the running game.

I just want to see if we have other weapons out of the backfield. I agree McKnight likely earned some snaps on that play.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I wasn't sure where he landed after cutdown, but I liked him in the pre-season.

13. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Is it really? What exactly has he done to prove otherwise? He's a poor man's Reggie Bush. He can't run between the tackles and he's fumble prone. You always act like you're in a relationship with the Jets players dude. Everytime I criticize someone,here you come to the rescue. Bottom line is, if he's EVER our starter, we're in trouble. I've seen nothing in Powell to think he's a big time player either but the verdict remains out on him. Keep it real. Joe McKnight is a fast guy...thats it. He isn't remarkably elusive. He doesn't burst in and out of holes. Please tell me what he's done to prove he can be the "next guy"...and please don't bring up that BS game in Buffalo last year. Honestly,if it weren't for where we drafted him, he might not even be on the team.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I sifted through your garbage, clusterfuck of a post and noticed this...

Actually, the bottom line is this: you know nothing about football.

You're complaining about informed NYJ fans standing up for capable players. In fact, you're always complaining. This team doesn't have a single player on it that you won't bitch about - it's annoying as fuck.

Keep it real? ...the fuck?

Wait, there's another bottom line: quit your bitching and people will stop calling you out.

#934 Mr Electric, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  15. Franchize

You're pretty gay. That's the "bottom line". It's official. You and that other dude are clearly butt buddies because if there is a disagreement with one...here comes the other. I thought we were grown ass men. Once again, you try to insult my knowledge of football with NOTHING pertaining to football. Keep that faggot shit to yourself. We've gone through this already. If you don't have FOOTBALL to talk to me, simply ignore me. How is something "annoying" online? It isn't an actual conversation stupid. You can simply scroll pass.

What a homo :rofl: "MY friend is in trouble...this guy isn't suckin off the players...he actually knows football and has something negative to say about things we did last night." Newsflash, we didnt play well last night! Also, I had multiple entire posts today speaking about what the PROS of our game lastnight. I gave credit where it was due, especially to players I dont particularly care for.

Your post consist of :
    "You're dumb."
    "Your grammar is incorrect."
    "That post was a clusterfuck."

How about proving why I'm wrong? You can't do that because as I said before YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT FOOTBALL!!!! None of your criticism of me ever is football related. None of your post PERIOD are football related. You are a virgin who has nothing to do but sit around and grammar check people.

P.S. Being a poster on this site or any other site DOES NOT make you an expert on the game!

16. Franchize

Sorry guys...Joe McKnight is the greatest player on Earth. Barry Sanders X 100. We should cut Shonne Greene now!

HAPPY?!!!

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

enjoy your 10 days off.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm afraid that firing back with an intelligent response wouldn't work out here because of a few things:

1. You're most likely incapable of grasping any kind of well thought out football talk.

2. You're most likely going to get banned for this post, so you won't be able to respond for quite some time.

P.S. Good McNight, Sweet Prince.

#938 Mr Electric, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  19. ........

........ Trolls

He's the 3rd RB in a 2 man timeshare. What opportunity has he had (aside from that Buffalo game I'm not allowed to talk about) to run against a #1 defense with a #1 OL? The last time he received ample opportunity to do so, he had a productive season out of a phenomenal time share at USC. What's worse, me stating that he has talent (which is demonstrated), or you completely writing off his skills because he hasn't had the opportunity to demonstrate them with top level talent?

He's a one cut zone back. He can absolutely run between the tackles in our system, but of course he's going to struggle when our 2nd string OL doesn't open holes for him. He averaged more than 4 yards per carry in limited action in the preseason despite there rarely being a hole open. If he struggles with our first team offense in his chances this season, by all means, throw him under the bus.

No. Honest criticism is something I value and respond well to. Talk about how frustrating it was seeing McKnight last TC. Talk about the problems Sanchez still has with his decision making at times, and how people tend to overrate him on the board by assuming he's a lock to be a top 10 QB this season. Talk about how Derrick Mason clearly isn't on the same page with the QB yet. Talk about Eric Smith's coverage problems. Talk about Schotty's shortcomings.

What I have a problem with, and what you tend to do frequently and egregiously, is this wholesale hyperbolic dismissal of players. I can't stand it when people like you make these sweeping knee jerk proclamations. It's absurd.

Well no shit. Like I said, that's not his role.

Wait. So, McKnight, successful in limited regular season activity = bust, but Powell gets a pass? I'd argue both of them are unproven until they're needed and receive an opportunity.

I'm really beginning to think you've only watched Joe McKnight behind the 2nd string lines. This assessment is completely off base.

20. ........

........ Trolls

No. That's a clear overreaction in the opposite direction and equally inappropriate. Reading that does not make me happy in the slightest.

Also...Shonn.