Cowboy Website - Good Breakdown of Jets Defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lamont_jordan_rules, Sep 7, 2011.

1. steves850

steves850 Active Member

+1 to the OP and I support anyone that would like to break down Jets scheme like this. I am not the most advanced football mind but anything I can do to help I will.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i'd be more than happy to do so, only catch is I dont have Sunday Ticket and go out for the games.

so someone would have to supply the game footage for me to break down.

now if anyone is interested in doing that, I'd take alot of joy in breaking down the game and writing up analysis

anyways throwing my hat in the ring and more than willing for a collaborative effort with some of the other more than capable posters

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Pretty good stuff, particularly in comparison to what we are typically treated to from afficiandos of our division rival.

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think jonnyd should do it. His description of big gorillas in green jerseys smashing into big gorillas in blue jerseys for his entertainment was the most amusing and accurate description of football I've yet read.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

One request to anyone who tries to create something similar for TGG:

Have some live videos with arrows and such in place of a series of still photos.

Thank you.

6. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Why stop there? Have the entire game and break down every single play with arrows and a long, detailed explanation on exactly what is going through each players head, then have picture and picture with an interview of each player.

Thank you.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

How many people in this site can get into that detail and be mostly correct? That isn't a knock on anyone here, a lot of the detail there is beyond the scope of any normal fan.

I know of one guy that can break down film in great detail. I don't think he will do it..........Before you ask, I am thinking Abyzmul. He is by far the most knowledgeable guy here.

If there is another person that can put the time and knowledge into it I would love to read it. It is a lot of work for a layman.....

Edit: I just read CoachK, a collaborative effort would certainly work. Although getting different opinions to agree on a film breakdown, might get fun.

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Great reads. Thanks for the links!

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Thats why I figured a collaborative effort might be useful. Its a lot of work for one person, especially when they are using purely free time to do it. I suggested finding one guy for certain aspects as a way to avoid arguments...

I said originally one for offense, one for defense, and one for ST/Coaching staff. But you could easily break that down further if we had more guys willing to contribute. I know we have 2-3 guys that really know their shit about the OL, where as I could probably only do solid analysis about the skill positions on offense. I would sure as hell love to be a part of something like that. But if others with more knowledge want to do it, I would surely sit by the way side and enjoy reading every entry. It would be an awesome thing to do from a fan perspective to increase knowledge about the game, and really get an in depth look at our opponents.

10. lamont_jordan_rules

11. walnuts24

walnuts24 New Member

Very impressive and informative articles. Need to give credit to Cowboy Nation website and the writer for a great read.

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I agree that Abyz should do it. I remember when I first began to post here regularly during the season, Abyz's analysis was usually spot on. So we should strong arm him into doing this shit.

No homo.

13. Joker78

Joker78 Banned

That was really well done

14. Odd Neck Stems

For those of you who liked this blog's analysis. They seem to do a more comprehensive job covering defenses, but it's still interesting to read.

Part 4:
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/09/jets-week-part-four-we-walk-into-land.html

And their week one prediction/wrap-up:
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/09/wrap-up-for-opening-weekend.html

15. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Holy crap what a good breakdown that was. It is always nice to see football broken

down like that and it is even better when it is the Jets. I will be looking for some of

those blitzes on Sunday night. I try to pick new areas of football each season and try

to understand them. I will never be as knowledgeable as some of the people out there

but it is good to try to get there and learn. The discussions on this board about the

Jets and other teams personnel get way over my head sometimes and I want so badly

to jump in but I am lost. Keep up the good work all you football heads I enjoy reading

and learning.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Great stuff. I thought parts 1 and 2 were a bit more interesting than 3 and 4, but it was all excellent reading. Thanks for posting.

If the people talking about doing this here actually put it together that would be awesome - I would definitely tune in for each episode.

BTW, anyone else lol at the reference to "Jets OC Kurt Schottenheimer" in part 4? :smile:

17. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

The whole NFL obviously fear him so much that they can't even get his name right!:rofl:

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Those 2 break downs were great. Amazing how much I learned about my defense from a Cowboy website. Actually, its not considering the crappy writers we now have in NY. Wel wait, I am sure Flip Bondy, Mark Cannizaro or Mike Lupica could write like that if they had the time but they are to busy interviewing bleacher creatures, Golf junkies or Larry David.

19. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Lupica could. I'm not so sure about either Bondy or Cannizaro, particularly Bondy.

20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I don't think there'll be a drop off at all. Connor is a beast.