Week 1 Cowboys @ Jets 9/11/2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Calvin, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Just waiting to hear on Jenkins now..both had MRIs.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Cowboys' starting right tackle out for #Jets game RT @espn_macmahon Tyron Smith has hyperextended knee. Typically a 2-4 wk recovery process.

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Damn, and I thought the Giants were a walking morgue...........

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ok this game is getting easier by the hour.

either way still have to worry about their o. ironically their best players will be our weaknesses (witten over the middle and jones/murray/choice out the backfield)

but we better have romo trigger happy after getting knocked around with Smith out now

if Cro can keep Bryant in check this game should be in the bag, but Bryant is a monster so we will see.

Wayne Hunter cant get comfortable before Rob has Ware in his face.

5. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

O-line in shambles!!!

6. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

TheJetsStream #Jets
    Rex Ryan on Cowboys fans coming to game: "I don't know why they'd be here. It's probably not recommended that you wear Cowboys stuff."

7. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

We should put Cro on Austin and Revis on Bryant. I think Bryant is going to show, this year, that he is the best receiver on that team hands down.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i agree, but Austin is no bum.

if anything they need to challenge Cro to be more physical this year if they plan on him reverting to pro bowl form.

If I'm Rex Ryan I challenge cro to take the more physical reciever. Dennis Thurman was already all over this first day they got back.

also Austin is the better route runner. for all his deep coverage skill Id feel more comfortable with Revis erasing Austin and Romo throwing jump balls to Bryant where Cro can really make plays

as far as Bryant making Cro miss tackles on underneath routes, thats what our Lb'ers/S's are for they will be near the middle of the field to defend Witten anyways.

9. Don

You have to think with their OL being such a mess they will have to keep a TE and a back in to give Romo some sort of fighting chance.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah bad part about those are they will also call delayed routes where youll see Witten or any one of the DAL Backs in alot of space.

either way this game will be good.

but with the OL the shape its in and all the new starters. we better have consistent pressure from 1st to 4th qtr

11. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Their backup at RT is a former basketball player who played 1 year of college football...at DE. He hadn't played organized football since the 8th grade up to that point. Not to mention the fact he hasn't played in a regular season game yet...

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

so what your telling me is wed be wasting our time blitzing him?

13. 624

624 Banned

We would waste our time blitzing Vernon Gholston on him.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol even for vern thats sad

HEY VERN!!!!

[​IMG]

15. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Well it would seem that the Jets are lucking out with the the Cowboys loss of Newman and Smith. Looks like everything is breaking the Jets way. HOWEVER, this good luck doesn't come without a price. The Pressure is really on the Jets now. If they should happen to lose this game the repercussions would be brutal.

On the bright side. This is a no lose game for me. My dislike for the Jets is immense, but I have been hating on the so called freakin' "america's team" for over 30 years. They can't lose enough IMHO. So while, as a Pats fan, it makes obvious sense to root for the Jets to lose, my disappointment will be greatly mitigated by watching the Cowboys lose.

BTW- I saw a very interesting stat in the lead up to the Pats/Dolphins. In an article that spoke to Henne's tendency to turn the ball over, they defended him with a Stat that should be disturbing to Jet fans.

They called Henne very "unlucky" because he had only ONE dropped pick over the course of the season. kind of interesting in an of itself. It also noted the "luckiest" QB was Mark Sanchez who had 16 dropped picks (Brady had 5 dropped picks) Just something to chew on while we wait for the October match up

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yes the dropped INT stat nothing we havent seen a million times.

obviously you dont like to see passes anywhere near DB's but coulda woulda shoulda

detractors like to point to this as if it will be a trend for the rest of his career. i see it as growing pains and an anomaly in his development

the jets will either get the job done or fail. simple as that. with their injuries piling up they will have no excuses thats for sure.

witten and the RB's will still put up numbers though.

17. 624

624 Banned

A Week 1 game against an NFC team is must win?

#patriotsfanlogic

edit: I guess you didn't really say that, I only skimmed your post....while it would suck to lose, I don't know about these "brutal repercussions"

#197 624, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  18. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

Rex Ryan and success have undoubtedly earned the Jets expectations for a victory on 9-11. New York sports media is predictably sharpening their cutlery at the prospect of fan hysteria to profit from.

This game will set the tone for the first half of the season, and the tone will be violence and intimidation. McGee is going to have a frightful time performing against the 3rd team defense once Garrett the Red comes to terms with his hopeless efforts.

Rex Ryan wants to decimate Jason Garrett. Expect fear from the rest of the league.

19. Don

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Tony Romo: "Rob (Ryan) had a D already put in for #Jets. When Jets (acquired) Andrew Sendejo, he ended up switching a lot of that stuff up"

Yeah, right.....

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If Tyron Smith is out, I expect the Jets front 7 to rape the LOS.

There's no way Romo will have time to throw and Felix Jones won't have a lane to run in.

I actually want the Cowboys healthy so that its a good contest. Oh well.