Cowboy Website - Good Breakdown of Jets Defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lamont_jordan_rules, Sep 7, 2011.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Like I said, I would really enjoy helping out in any ways I could. it would be a fun project and at the very least would be a fantastic way to learn more about the game and our opponents.

Maybe it would give us some real insight as we disect teams, into why our coaches make certain decisions on game day that we might not normally understood without doing some studying ourselves.

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

The point stands. People c&p entire articles onto this site all the time and it annoys me no end; every game day Petrozza quite reasonably asks users to click some ads to help support site costs, but the same users seem to feel absolutely no responsibility to help other sites in the same way even when they're running such good articles.

Tommy's post was good; he took a small section of the article as a teaser/synopsis. No content owner has an issue with someone doing that, but they quite rightly get very upset about people simply lifting their entire piece of work and putting it on another site. Most people don't write this stuff purely for the pleasure of keeping you informed and entertained, and even when they do they appreciate it if you at least give them the courtesy of reading it on their site and helping them to cover their costs.

#22 Johnny English, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Really good analysis - way better than the so called experts in the press.

If we could get something on this site every week, anywhere near this quality, I for one would be over the moon.

4. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Do it man, that would be fantastic, we have a lot of guys here that know their shit, I for one would love it.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The second article was great.

Murrelly I was trying to put something together last season but only had a few bites of interest...

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So Hudson Houck is now with the Giants?

No fucking wonder Chargers rushing attack has regressed like it has...

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Houck left SD in 2004. The real reason SD's running game regressed is they never replaced Lorenzo Neal.

8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to break down games and schemes like that. Let me know if anyone wants to contribute and we'll approach Petro about a sticky area or something. Murrell...tap me.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Interesting notion about getting something similar here, but on the content of those analyses, it was interesting how much talk of weakness for the Jets seemed to focus onL

Kyle Wilson. The hope here is he has improved, but the analyses seem to strongly imply they expect him to be equally ineffective as last year.

No pass rush. We know that Pace was hurt last year. I am expecting a significant upgrade from him this year. No note of that.

Safety play. Again, there's the notion that the Jet safeties are slow. I am hoping Eric Smith shows more (they specifically talk about him in coverage being a mismatch).

Sanchez on Third Down. They note MS's preference for slants in this situation. Again, I am hopeful the Jets will show more here, too.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Lorenzo Neal makes the OL play with attitude too? Now that's a news to me.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That piece was actually taken from some stupid Bleacher Report article. I tried to fool the guy who was asking for the entire article to be copied and pasted.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

That would be awesome, I loved these articles.

13. Organized Chaos

I loved the Wilson pick, but he still scares me as a nickleback this season. I hope he has improved.

I'm hoping Pace is better this season too. I found it interesting in the comments where someone wrote something like "Heaven help the NFL if Rex gets an elite pass rusher".

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love how this objective view flat-out states that we do get pressure. Just like the article says, we don't have that premiere rusher but get it done in various other ways.

This is the reason why I don't get the extreme panic some fans had and supposed NFL experts putting down our pressure.

Sure it'd be great to have a guaranteed double digit sack artist but I'm not worried about it. Our strengths lie in other areas.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Pace coming back may not become elite, but I fully expect him to play better than last year's injury plagued season.

Wilson I did not want to start at CB by any means, but I also expect to see more plays by him compared to last season. It was just interesting to me that those analyses did not seem to take into account how a new season might affect the players mentioned.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I guess you don't understand the value a great FB has to the running game. Lorenzo Neal had a 1,000+ yd rusher behind him every year from 1998-2007. That's not coincidence. It's also not a coincidence that SD's running game hasn't been as effective since he left. And you're statement about Houck leaving being the reason of the downfall was also inaccurate considering after Houck left SD's running game stayed at the top of the NFL.
    2005 - SD ranked #9
    2006 - SD ranked #2
    2007 - SD ranked #7
    2008 - w/o Neal SD ranked #20 but Baltimore w/ Neal ranked #4

17. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say he blitzed less. I'd say he blitzed more appropriately. I think the biggest skill Rex has over Rob is that he puts his pride ot the side for the sake of making adjustments. Rob Ryan is going to play one style and one style only. Rex will tone down the blitz if he notices us getting carved up. BTW, Mike Martz offense, by way of Gillman and Coryell, is perfect for torching D's with no pass rush. The Pats offense is too. Ryan, however, showed his defensive genius by throwing a monkey wrench into the Pats gameplan. We were surprisingly conservative. That, coupled with Ellis having his best game of the season, helped win us beat NE in the playoffs.

18. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

Thanks for the article. Can't wait for JETS defense to dominate!

19. Organized Chaos

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

makes me wonder about T-Rich now that you've posted that.

I know that T-Rich was clearly on the decline last season, but now I'm thinking about plenty of what ifs regarding Conner.