SIGN THIS BEAST! Other teams' cuts you're interested in

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Sep 3, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

[​IMG]

Sharkoctopus = Beast.

Sign him now.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You are correct BK... I was officially made a Mod yesterday.

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Let's sign David Garrard and drain him for everything he knows about the Jags' offense! We could still use a backup QB!1!!

4. felker

felker Active Member

You forgot too tall.

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

We have the cap space to sign Garrard. I would do it in a heartbeat and give him a two year deal. The biggest weakness on this team right now is the lack of a viable back up QB. This team is too talented to take the risk of an injury to Sanchez. If Sanchez goes down for more than a game, the season is toast. Does anybody think Brunnell is going to win games for the Jets? Brunnell was let go for the guy that Garrard replaced. That's how old he is. I don't want a repeat of 1999. Sign Garrard.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Garrard will get the chance to start.

I also don't feel like seeing posts on here about playing after every incompletion.

Not gonna happen.

7. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Garrard should get a chance to start (despite his flaws, he's still a better option than Alex Smith, Chad Henne, Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck or Tavaris Jackson just to name a few.)

The Jaguars kind of screwed him by releasing him so late though--between learning a new playbook and getting on the same page with a whole new offense, it's tough to see how any team can expect him to step right into a starting role.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Abomination!

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

while everyone agrees with you bringing in garrard would be great for our depth at the spot. But why would he come here if he won't start, when he has chances to do so elsewhere? Keep in mind, we will not overpay him to come in and be sanchez backup. Somebody will pay him starter money, which at best we would match.

So why would he come here?

10. steves850

steves850 Active Member

It makes sense on paper and from the Jets perspective but like other people have stated, he's gonna start somewhere, even if they're offering less than us he would take it just for the opportunity to play.

11. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

the jets qb's would be like the village people lol. mexican, black and , old white dude

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

my guess is that it may be to keep him from the Colts....... although this is what they did to Leftwich and gave Garrard the job, so maybe like last time they new they weren't seeing any improvement through camp and decided to cut bait and thought the mystery behind door #2 is better than what they knew they had in Garrard...... and the option to play Gabbert without a QB controversy is now there.

I don't see Brunell's former backup coming here...... :shit:

13. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Sign the other Gronkowski! We must stop them! They are planning to sign the 3rd on Dec. 21 2012...when the is suppose to end

Coincidence? I think not.

14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

There are more opportunities for him to play elsewhere - he could start somewhere, so why sign here to be a back-up?

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

...because all they need is the third brother and they will be unstoppable.

16. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Maybe he doesn't care about starting but about getting a ring? Who knows, look at Bulger... he retired even though they offered him a good amount of money.

PS I'm not saying it's a likely scenario... but some players do think like that...

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

sure, some do. But those tend to be team oriented guys. Based on the articles posted in this or the garrard thread, he seems pretty me first. Which means he will want more money and more PT. Both of which he can probably get elsewhere. At the very least he can get an offer from a team like SF that if Smith struggles we won't hesitate to put you in the game. He definately won't get that type of offer here in NY.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

No idea what kind of guy Garrard is, just pointing out it wasn't impossible.

With what you're saying + the fact Tanny doesn't like to give out money to veteran back-ups I agree 99% he won't come here.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah thats all im trying to say. I really hope somehow we convince him to come be Sanchez backup for a year. He (even without knowing the offense) is a 1000x better option then Kevin O'Connel or Kellen Clemens. If something were to happen to Mark, I would at least feel somewhat comfortable with Garrard back there. The season would not be over like it would if Mark went down this year. Brunell inspires zero confidence and there is a reason O'Connell hasn't made a roster since his rookie year after being a 3rd round pick.