Week 1 Cowboys @ Jets 9/11/2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Calvin, Sep 2, 2011.

1. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

This is probably going to be exactly right, our offense looks like shit so far this year. Yeah its preseason and everything but they are not ready and it shows.

2. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

WOW!

A decider of outcomes.

True dat!

3. JETFIGHTERS

Oh, come on now vets.

Do we not own the boys?

Never have we lost to the boys.

Any questions?

4. JETFIGHTERS

insecuritity

Quoate:blackssmagic"This is probably going to be exactly right, our offense looks like shit so far this year. Yeah its preseason and everything but they are not ready and it shows"

Come on man.

Man up! We be the shissknit, U didn't know ?

Thats OK

We are the real deal, let that thought enter your mind.

BTW get use 2 it!

We are super heroes didn't ya know pal!

#84 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah, did you watch the Thanksgiving game in 07?

6. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

that thanksgiving game was painful. i couldnt even eat apple pie afterthat i want revenge.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The Jets all time record against the Cowboys is 2 wins and 7 losses.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Rex should be able to come up with a few blitz packages that will confuse the young Cowboys OL. The key will be to shut down Witten and the RB's catching passes out of the backfield because I think Cromartie and Revis will do a good job shutting down Austin and Bryant. I don't think the Cowboys will be able to run well on our D.

Offensively; Sanchez will have to play as well and maybe even a little bit better than he did against Rob Ryan's defense last year when we played the Browns. Limit the mistakes and now with Burress hopefully some of those FG tries will be Touchdowns instead. I think our receivers match up well with their corners - who took a step back last year. We should be able to run the ball and have some success doing so against their front 7.

9. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I think it will be a close low scoring game with Sanchez hooking up with Holmes for the game winner.

That being said, does anyone think its okay to start felix jones? I have him in one of my fantasy leagues and want to sit him, but I'm not sure if that opinion is overly biased

10. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Every running back against the Jets are not successful. See Adrian Peterson last year.

Sit him

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm sitting Jones but then again I also have S.Jackson, Ray Rice, Beanie Wells and R.Bush, Not sure which combo I will use but not Jones.
    I am tossed up on Austin, I have Colston, Holmes and M.Thomas starting right now with Austin and Lee Evans on the bench.

12. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I expect the offense to start off slow, but I think the D is going to be in ballhawk mode and we'll pick Romo at least once or twice. That said, don't be surprised if Shonn Greene goes into rape mode and gets atleast 120 yards rushing.

My prediction on Sanchez is that he'll have a pretty good completion precentage to end the game but probably won't throw more than 190 yards. He'll start off slow too, but we'll see him beast in the second half as usual.

I think we win the game 21-10

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You have to sit Austin. Revis shuts down every single #1 WR. I sat Andre last year vs Revis and it worked out pretty well.

On topic, hopefully the offense gets it going right off the bet with some quick throws, get Mark in a good rhythm. Like others have said, if the offense comes out slow, it'll be a very close game.

14. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

General note: Nobody cares about your fantasy team except for you.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I get stuck watching the stank-ass Cowboys every week. The only corner they have that really fits the Ryan-style scheme is Mike Jenkins, and while he's decent at jamming wideouts, he can't recover very well. Even if Newman is back for this game, he is never really ever back from injury and he's a terrible fit for the man coverage that Remus wants his guys to play.

Elam being familiar with Ryan's scheme has helped them a bit in preseason, but their real strength is their front 7. Jay Ratliff is a beast, and Remus Ryan's use of Ware (moving him side to side) has been pretty effective in the limited time I've seen them. Bradie James and Sean Lee are average to above average in this scheme.

As far as offense... well, people say they sucked last season, but they were able to win games with Kitna under center. Fact of the matter is, Garrett tanked the beginning of last season to get Wade Phillips fired. It was so obvious it was pathetic. An unfortunate result (for Cowboys fans anyway) was Romo getting his clavicle crushed during the tank job.

But their receivers will give every defensive back we have, not named Revis, plenty of trouble. And Witten is still Witten, which means either Witten or Eric Smith or both will walk away from the game with a concussion. And if Felix Jones is really healthy for the game, he's faster to the edge than most runningbacks in the league - and Demarco Murray has shown flashes that he can be an immediate contributor. Their offense is no pushover, even if their O-line is extremely inexperienced. That rookie Smith is a fucking monster, and Doug Free surprised the hell out of everyone on the blindside last season.

But Tony Romo is like Jekyll and Hyde most years. He can light things up both when he's got time and when he's under pressure, but he will also blow things up into a diarrhea dump just like his idol Brett Favre, it just depends on what day you catch him on. We will get pressure on him, that's without a doubt, but if we leave Witten in single coverage with a meat head like Smith or Pool(e) all game, they'll slice us up underneath.

I'll say:

Jets - 21
    Cowboys - 17

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Should be a good, exciting, close, first game of the season. Jets pull it out in the end.

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Yeah not expecting a lopsided game...should be a very hard fought game

18. Mibabalou

Mibabalou New Member

Gonna be emotional as hell.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so the cowboys won't get impregnated?

sanchez carves them up.
    holmes goes for 120 and a td.
    burress goes for 65 and a t.d