Jets resigned Aaron Maybin (9/28)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nesquik, Aug 17, 2011.

1. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Madbacker Prime

Amen brother!

2. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

My question is Westerman has been in this system for a few years now and has done nothing to show he can generate a pass rush.

Were is the pass rush going to come from this year, is Rex still going to have to blitz 8-9 guys like the last two years?

3. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

The other issue is everyone talks about how great our D line is but I dont see it, Wilk is a rookie along with Ellis. They could become all pro or be another bust we just dont know.

This team needs an OLB that can rush the QB and we still do not have one.

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Pace. Who is supposedly finally healthy.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Thomas's first 4 years, and he was drafted:

Thomas was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round (186th overall) in the 2000 NFL Draft. Competing with Peter Boulware and Michael McCrary for playing time, Thomas made only 89 tackles in his first three years. He was inactive for 12 games in his rookie season, but played in all 16 games in the 2001 season, starting two at defensive end. In 2002, he started 12 games at defensive end, recording two interceptions as well as 15 special teams tackles. In 2003, Thomas was recognized for his special teams play and was selected to his first Pro Bowl. That year, he registered 34 tackles, 8 passes defended, 4 sacks, and a forced fumble. He was placed on injured reserve by the Ravens on December 17, but still led the team with 23 special teams tackles.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Our DLine will generate more space for linebackers let the season come plz!@

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, and "Kitten up already" doesn't seem to be it either.

8. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Jetblue

Lightin up, chill out are 1970 and 1980 slang.

Sorry, I sometimes forget my audiance.

How old are you?

We good? Age before beauty.

#528 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I was pretty pissed off with us cutting Maybin. How has he not shown more than some of the other training camp spuds we've kept?

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Except for when you said he was a lock and the you were good with Maybin, I guess you did tell everybody.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Looks like JETFIGHTERS went full-on troll sometime recently.

12. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

This says it all, I really believe that if the Jets CS had more time to work with Maybin and change his approach he might have stuck. Yet, because he was brought in so late into camp he would have had to really shown something special. If that were the case though, the Bill's would have never cut him.

13. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

Litten up?

Audiance?

ahhahahaa...loser

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The coaches see more of these guys than anyone us.

Just because he stood out in two preseason games, doesn't mean he fits into what this team wants to do.

A lot of these fringe players that made the roster at the last second may have impressed in practices that we can't see.

15. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

why did Rex publicly stated that by his performance he made the team only to be cut a day later?

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm guessing because some hack reporter asked him. There was nothing else he could say until they decided what to do next.

17. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Because Rex is a doofus and should learn to keep his yap shut. If he's not careful, between his failed SB predictions and his comments about players, he soon will have zero credibility with anything he says. I really like the guy and still think he is a good HC and can potentially be an all-time great HC, but he needs to learn to temper his comments, and know when to shut up.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

what did you want him to say?

"Maybin sucks, but he sucked less than the other guys. We are keeping him for now, but if we decide to claim somebody, Maybins a goner"

Because that instills confidence, especially if they didnt get the guys they wanted, and ended up needing to keep him.

Rex is firing up his players, and making them know he believes in them. The guys who are here love him for that. They feel he has their back no matter what. Its part of the reason Rex is such a great coach, because his players run through walls for him.

19. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

How about nothing? What do most other HCs say? There are comments that are non-commital, yet not negative. I don't think it breeds confident or trust in Rex when he talks positively about players then turns around and cuts or trades them. Not ALL players love Rex or love playing for him. We have seen comments by Cotchery and others that clearly demonstrate that. Rex isn't perfect. Some of you guys need to realize that. He isn't superman. He can't turn just any player into a great player. He doesn't always say the right or smart thing or always make the best decision. He's learning and improving, and that's to his credit. I just hope he continues to and doesn't become content to rest on his laurels.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Maybin shouldn't have been cut. This is hot horse shit.