Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Our defense is going to be the best! Great depth! We have also upgraded our WR corps, big time! I did like Braylon last year, not the year before though. Lets see what Plex can do, his presence alone in the red zone will demand a double team. WOW! I want to see if we have a top notch OL this year. I want to see if Sanchez can take that next step. Those two things will determine playoffs and if we are really good, SB.

I also want to see if our CS will go to the next level in playcalling, thats a real big factor also, we got the players but play calling will determine the season.

More roster changes to come...

2. JETFIGHTERS

#1 priority for me is to make as much money as I can.

I like predicting out comes, I want the Jets to win a few SB's for good measure, that would be nice.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He's a real immature kid, needs to grow up.

Gilyard has had some off field issues, I guess he'll fit right in with #10 & #17

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

All the projects are gone? You mean Maybin was cut I guess.

Because we still have a few "project" players on the roster.. Ducasse, Cumberland, Ellis, McIntyre.. it's not like these are sure things.

I like the Gilyard signing, liked him in college, think he has more upside than someone like Patrick Turner, and probably more than Kerley as well. The other moves I'll just trust Rex and Tanny, although I would have liked to see Maybin stick.

5. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I'm sort of puzzled with the Gilyard thing. Anybody seen Sendejo play?

6. Jetsring2013

Jetsring2013 Banned

not sure why Payne is still on the roster after Gilyard.

7. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

While McElroy may not have seen any game action (if Sanchez stays healthy), he sure might have if Sanchez goes down with injury. With Brunell's brittle body, I would much rather have McElroy backing him up in that situation than O'Connell. He may know the offense and a healthy arm, but it won't help the Jets any if he actually has to play. I would be 10x more confident in McElroy than O'Connell, and may have been more confident in McElroy than Brunell. For that matter, I think I may have been more confident in Drew Willy than O'Connell. I think he absolutely sucks, and has zero pro potential/ability. I saw more from Clemens than I ever saw from O'Connell.

McElroy's injury must have been a lot more severe than they let on. To begin with, I've never heard of anyone having surgery for a dislocated thumb.

8. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

FOFLMAO!!!!! Too, too funny.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I can think of only one player in the league who would be better to teach him to stay out of trobule.

10. JETFIGHTERS

The projects I was refering to were Kroul,and Maybin. We still have one in Ducauss. Any more signings that are projects I don't know about, only the preseason ones on tape.

I don't see anymore projects but Ducauss. All the players that made the team were suposse to make the team. There were the best players competeing for a roster spot.

You don't take a player because of potential, you take a player because they can play, and at a high level. No rocket science behind the theory of taking "the best 53 players at their positions" REX said that also.

Kobe Bryant was'nt picked because of potential, neither was Jordan or Labron. They all could play right away.

Potential to me is a fantasy. I like facts.

Besides who in their right mind is going to take a project, the season was already void of training camp as is was. No, we need players who can play right away.

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Whats up with the saftey from dallas? Any good?

12. hazmat

hazmat New Member

So who is the third tackle if someone gets hurt?

13. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Ducasse unfortunately.

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

That's a disaster waiting to happen. They should look at Steve Maneri.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That is my thought process. Ducasse is way to raw, I would have much rather seen the FO cut him instead of one of these other kids that got cut.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

A part of his thumb actually chipped off. It was on his throwing hand so he needed surgery.

17. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Thanks for the info. I hope that won't affect him in the future.

18. JETFIGHTERS

I love me some Big Mac! Hope he gets well soon and he plays for the NYJ's till he retires. He has the intangibles that make a great player. He is highly competitive.

19. ........

........ Trolls

I hope he doesn't play his whole career here. I hope he's good enough as a backup to net us a draft pick in a few years.

20. JETFIGHTERS

Get the more bangs for your buck

IIMeanDeanII says "That is my thought process. Ducasse is way to raw, I would have much rather seen the FO cut him instead of one of these other kids that got cut.

My sentiments exactly. Ducass "the project" is going to kill our season if he plays. Cut Him or move him REX to his more natural postion of RG. Projects don't work in 2011.

In KEMPO, you have to neutralize an opponent is mili seconds. As a student of Kempo and other martial arts forms, you have to "take away" the threat and seek an avantage. Guns, Knives, Swords or whatever these treats may be, or what forms they may take(multiple opponents) it does not matter.

The same theory applies to football, not nesessary phylosophy but the dynamics. It is the same dynamics used in corporations, Military( I am Ex-Military) and Governments all around the World.

Please forgive the miss spelled words.

I am what I am.