Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

No suprise except one: Lowery

Lowery, gone. This was a respect move seeing we are deep at this position. Did not see that coming.

Bearning, hopefully he goes PS and depending on Maybins and McEntyre (Mac is good on special teams) play during the year may be back. I think someone is going to sign him though.

We got an OL as I would expect and Kroul was cut like I expected. Felix was a hold the fort guy so no suprise there.

We keep Maybin for OLB as well as McEntyre. Im good here seeing Maybin is only a situational pass rusher. Can he? Will he? We will find out.

Dont worry, there are sure to be more cuts and pickups before the season starts.

I have no problem with this roster, who is this Trufant cat anyway?

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Wallace Wright will be brought back to take Payne's place. Tough physical WR who shines on ST.
    IMO put Payne on IR and bring Wright back here...

PS Interestingly Clowney has made the Panthers final 53...

3. JETFIGHTERS

Happy with the moves so far

This roster is not set in stone. I'm sure there will be somemore wheelin and dealing.

I like Mauga, Bellore, McEntyre, Cole and yes even Maybin(who has to show more)
    Cook (process of elimination) Dixon,MTV,Pito. We have a sick front 7 especially out DT and DE rotations, excellent job Tanny!

Westerman must has showed CS something, I thought he was a bubble player who needs to step up. Will he improve or is this all we are going to get from him?

Is it too late to trade McKnight? We got Powell who is very similier, and get another OL?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

and that tells you all you need to know aout the panthers this year

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Powell and McNight are nothing alike. The only similarity is the position they play.

#325 Miamipuck, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

They're both small white overachieving RBs... oh wait...

7. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

And aren't scrappy white guys.

8. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I totally agree. Well said.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol I suppose I had that one coming.........well done.

10. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Pool played well in the preseason? When? I didn't see the Iggles game, but saw two of the games and he definitely didn't play well in them. He usually played in the 4th Qtr. against UPS drivers and bag boys.

11. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

He played well against the eagles. And yes he was backing up because Rex said that Eric Smith "Is the starter" You can't expect Rex to say that we wanted smitty back and he would be the starter and then once, Pool rejoins us Pool starts.

12. JETFIGHTERS

BIG Block Of Shit!

Miamipuck;
    How do you see McKnight a high draft pick beeing better than Powell? Is it because McKnights ass is on the line? Powell was drafted to push McKnight, why did you think we drafted him, another RB, please? This was a direct approach to send a message by CS, a challege( sorry if i mispelled things, I can't really see...sorry, going blind and old) that It does not matter if you were drafted, "Rex is going to put his best 53 players out there" I love that approach! Bellichicken does the same thing year after year and he is heartless. Pats players ask for more money and "wham they are replaced immediatly" REX isn't heartless yet, and I don't believe he will cross that line. He loves all his players, Whether he cut them or not, he wants what best for the players, thats the diefference. No he is not a bledding heart liberal, but if he believes a player he cuts has a better chance to "provide for his family" and "do better for himself elsewhere" then GOD BLESS REX! The pats only care about superficial things... and the bottom line. Thats why I LOVE THE JETS! Its a business, but it is also about the commmunity and the people we care for also.

#332 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You gotta space out your posts, dude, no one wants to read that much block text.

And that's not entirely true either, the Jets have done what's best for the Jets, which is what they should do. Every player he cuts is because they're not good enough to make the team. Rex just talks sometimes, and he's fun to listen to.

The reason the Jets traded Lowery wasn't because they wanted him to have a better opportunity. That may have played a little into it because Lowery didn't fit the man-to-man scheme, but the Jets only did it because they could get a pick for him (we'll see when it is, I'd love a 5th, but I expect a 6th or 7th, and maybe not even in 2012) and because of what I said before: he's a limited cornerback athletically, which is not good for a primarily man-to-man scheme.

He's a good enough player to still earn himself some playing time with the Jets. But they couldn't figure out if he was a corner, a safety, or what in this scheme, and they must feel Trufant is a comparable option to Lowery for this defense.

14. JETFIGHTERS

I love REXs challege to all NFL teams" beat the patriots" He challeged all wanabies teams that in order to get to the SB you must beat the pats" This is true along with beating the pitts,colts, ravens! Always "the same ole teams to beat for at least 10 years"! Now new AFC teams are coming into their own. We have work to do my friends.

Good call REX!

#334 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 4, 2011
  15. JETFIGHTERS

JETFANSMACK, you are right. I said he kept Lowery's best interest in mind. Sometimes I can not see the little letters in front of me. Going blind is a bitch. Sorry

#335 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 4, 2011
  16. casman02

casman02 New Member

So I believe only 7 players need to be inactive per game this year, so based on the current roster, my guess to the inactives would be:
    McElroy, Payne, Turner (easy ones right now), Ellis/MTV, Powell, Trufant, and an LB (McIntyre, Maybin or Bellore)

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Maybe we could trade Joe Schmo McKnight to New England and get Danny Woodhead back.

:pats_suck:

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

19. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

He's from Tennessee, it's not his fault...

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ahhh Tennessee... 6 million people, 12 last names. Its a wonderful state.