Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Rex Ryan says Jets No. 3 QB right now would be WR Jeremy Kerley. #nyj

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Rex on Lowery trade: "It was an opportunity for Dwight to go to a place where he’s really going to be used." #nyj

On G Caleb Schlauderaff, Rex says he was a player they were interested in drafting out of Utah. #nyj
    (Which explains why they would trade for him)

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Rule #1 never question a Bill Callahan's O lineman decision.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

However, now more than ever, fingers crossed nothing happens to Mangold.

4. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Who wants to make a bet the Pats pick up Gilbert

5. Don

Rex says Caleb Schlauderaff can play back-up center and guard. Also throws out possibility of using Slauson as back-up C. #nyj

I guess they have a Turner replacement for now.

6. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

We should just get Merriweather and Tate....

7. Don

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Ryan also indicated that Maybin will stick beyond today. Will carry 3 injured players -- Payne, Turner and McElroy. #Jets

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I bet they don't... he fits a 3-4 much better than a 43 and htey're stacked up front.

9. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

honestly if the Jets want to keep Brunell to mentor Sanchez, then make him a coach, I really ever want to see him on the field again, sign Clemens back...I would feel much more comfortable...

10. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

The pats will play both schemes this year.

11. Don

Miami also released O'Connell so if all they need is somebody familiar with the system for a few weeks then they have choices.

12. BookEndTackles 72&79

A bit on the new kid from Green Bay.

Sept. 3, 2011 5:56 p.m. |(0) Comments

Green Bay -- It was quite a Cut-down Saturday for Green Bay Packers guard Caleb Schlauderaff. In the morning, the Packers told him he'd be released but they hoped to bring him back on the practice squad. In the evening, he discovered he had been traded to the New York Jets for a conditional draft pick.

Welcome to the NFL, rookie.

"I enjoyed my time here but I guess it's a business," said Schlauderaff, 20 minutes after realizing he was traded. "You learn that a lot on a day like today when you're released and I don't even know how this happened. It's a business but I'm excited. It's an opportunity to go play football.

"I'm not sure how it happened. I'm kind of clueless right now."

Schlauderaff, a sixth-round pick out of Utah, mostly struggled through training camp. In one-on-one drills, he lost leverage frequently. He did bounce back from a very rough game in Indianapolis in the preseason finale. Against Kansas City, Schlauderaff entered the game midway through the third quarter and was OK. Overall, he looks to make up for limitations in athleticism by finishing plays. He has an edge. As our Bob McGinn points out, just ask Kansas City's Jovan Belcher.

"The Packers are a great, great organization," Schlauderaff said. "I'm just at a loss for words right now to be honest. I've never been to (New York) but you see it everywhere. It's a business. I'm excited. It's crazy."

In the end, G.M. Ted Thompson was obviously willing to move on. The 6-foot-4, 302-pound guard says he knows where he must improve his game.

"I need to get a little firmer in pass protection," he said. "I need to anchor a little quicker and use my hands a little better."

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Just what you want to hear -.-" I bet we got him for like a condional 7th if he sticks on the roster...

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why not just bring in O'Hara as a back up C/G????

15. Don

You have to figure NE is on the phone with Philadelphia putting the final touches on a Samuel deal right now(probably a 4th rounder)...I hate that.

16. Namathian

Namathian New Member

Schlauderaff . Never seen him play, but just based on Packer fans feedback I guess that this guy is no Turner, not even close. But still, we're getting someone who the FO knows. They scouted him and considered drafting him.
    We desperately needed some depth at OL and if the Jets feel that if Packers practice squad-bound Schlauderaff gives them a bit of that as opposed to some waiver wire pick-up, then I'm in no position to complain. Just hope it didn't cost more than a #7.

17. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I'm surprised we trade for this guy rather than keep EITHER Felix (who I thought did a fine job) or Kroul, who has been doing a fine job.

I'm not totally surprised Gilbert got cut, but I thought we'd give him a little longer to develop.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Never believe what Rex says about a player. He raved about Kroul. Let's face it, Kroul wasn't going to make the team on the D-Line and was a huge project on the O-Line. So many posters have said they see "good things from Kroul playing OL", I thought he was terrible.

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Kroul will probably be on the PS

20. 624

624 Banned

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Although QB Kellen Clemens was waived by Redskins, I've been told it's unlikely at this point that there will be a reunion with #Jets. #nyj