Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We don't need three backup ILBs. We need depth at OLB.

Nick Bellore and Josh Mauga provide solid depth inside. As of right now, the only backup OLB is Jamaal Westerman.

Aaron Maybin and Garrett McIntyre should be retained for depth outside.

Matthias Berning is apparently a staff favorite, but he's less valuable with Bellore and Mauga on the roster. He should be a practice squad player.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

^^^^I honestly don't see how this is even an argument

nothing else makes any sense

3. boxorox

boxorox Banned

Mcintyre will get totally owned on defense. He's little to no help in a real situation. Fuck special teams over defensive depth and options. Especially when you can clearly work around that.

Also I wouldn't cut Mcintyre first. I'd cut MTV and Cook first same as you. But if it came down to Mcintyre vs Maybin I'd cut Mcintyre first at the moment. That's me. I have a feeling the CS is going to be on a similar wavelength until the last stage at least when they're bringing in a new player or two...then we'll see how they go.

4. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

We will see how it shapes out in a few.

5. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

You are really as dumb as a rock.

Just So you know Mcintyre already made the team

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You will get totally owned on TGG because you don't know football...at all. Special teams is pretty fucking important, but I don't expect someone as incompetent as you to understand that.

What has Aaron Maybin done in this league to prove he'll do anything better than Garrett McIntyre? Nothing.

They both performed well in the preseason, but G-Mac has depth and ST value. Maybin is just a project player that can't play special teams.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

And you're basing this on the fact he DIDN'T get owned in the preseason -.-"?

8. boxorox

boxorox Banned

also Berning is another point. I'd cut him before I cut Mcintyre too. The point is that there are people that can go before Maybin...plenty of them. If you don't like Mcintyre go somewhere else.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's basing on the fact that he's never heard of Garrett McIntyre. He knows nothing about this game and it's starting to show more and more.

10. boxorox

boxorox Banned

For everyone currently hating on my Maybin preference...is he on your 53 man roster or not? If he is you're not even saying anything.

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

And who the fuck are you?

[​IMG]

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I agree with all of this.. I'm not so sure Rex agrees about Tevaseu though. He really seems to like him a lot. Same goes for Cook.. he seems expendable to me.

I hope they find a way to keep Maybin as well as McIntyre. Are we so sure Maybin can't play special teams or has he just not done it? He's obviously very athletic, I'm sure they can find a role for him.. sure it's not ideal, but I mean even Gholston was able to play some special teams last year.

13. boxorox

boxorox Banned

Seattle Seahawks
    After going undrafted in the 2006 NFL Draft, McIntyre signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent on May 1, 2006. He was cut on June 2, 2006.

[edit]Arizona Cardinals
    McIntyre was signed by the Arizona Cardinals on August 15, 2006. He was waived a week later on August 21.

[edit]Tennessee Titans
    He was claimed off waivers by the Tennessee Titans on August 22, 2006. He was cut on September 5, 2006.

[edit]San Jose SaberCats
    McIntyre played for the San Jose SaberCats of the Arena Football League from 2008 to 2009.

[edit]Hamilton Tiger-Cats
    McIntyre played for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League from 2009 to 2010.

[edit]New York Jets
    McIntyre was signed by the New York Jets to a future contract on January 26, 2011.

[edit]

What a long and illustrious career as a productive nfl player. fuck you I've watched him this preseason and I don't see any reason that he's going to provide anything useful. Westerman looks more useful than he does but McIntyre is literally the last person I would cut before Maybin. MTV, Cook, Berning.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I wouldn't go by what Rex says. He speaks highly of everybody on the roster

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

rodboone Rod Boone
    From what I understand, the Turk had yet to summon Aaron Maybin as of about 10 minutes ago. He may be safe, but we'll know for sure soon.
    1 minute ago

16. boxorox

boxorox Banned

Exactly...I'm really going to laugh when Maybin is on the team and provides some meaningful contribution by the end of the year...more than Mcintyre, Bellore and Berning.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    As of right now, Maybin has not been told by team he would be released. Team should send out cuts in 5 minutes. #nyj
    35 seconds ago

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Gave Boxorox a 10 day hiatus.

Personal attack!!

A few warnings issued.

Guys let's be civil.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why chase new posters away like that???? It's not like you have been here forever, mister 497 posts. Boxorox is making a valid football argument and this board is here such discussions.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Time's up...we should know in a few.