Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

TGG says its 4 but I dont know.

Why do people keep saying that Berning outplayed Maybin?

Berning played against players who will be working at Pizza Huts across America

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Manish says it's 6pm on his twitter. Either way, we should kNow soon since I doubt the Jets will wait until the last minute to announce everything

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Yes he knows the system and has played games in the system and has been horrible in this system and now he can't make a team that is a mess at QB. He is terrible and I would not want to see him on the field ever again in a Jets uniform. Willy showed more pocket presence in one half then Clemens showed in 4 years. Bring someone else in please.

4. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

LAWL Let me guess you were part of the group that wanted Ratliff to start 3 years ago.

5. 624

624 Banned

Bummer!!!!

6. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

It would not be a long term solution at backup QB. McElroy was drafted to be the backup, but he may be sidelined for awhile due to his injury. With Brunell also being hurt, it would not be a bad move to have Kellen as a backup. I agree he is nothing special, but he knows the offense and the Jets should not go into the season with just Drew Willy as the backup

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Per Manish Mehta @TheJetsStream
    Ellis Lankster is not eligible for the practice squad, so he won't be returning to the Jets. #nyj

8. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Bye Bye Lankster

Jets had informed Lankster that he was likely going to be cut, but they just made it official. as per Manish

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Just read that. It definitely contradicts his previous tweet. O well it would have been nice to have him, but you can't keep everybody

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Told Jets will cut Patrick Turner, plan to place him on practice squad if he clears waivers. #nyj

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No, but I would have started him over Clemens and would never have brought the most selfish man in sports - Brett Favre - in here. If McElroy is out for 6-8 weeks, Clemens might be ok, but I would rather go with a player that has upside, like Willy, than a player we know has no ceiling and a very low floor. We know that if Sanchez goes down this in 1999 all over again.

12. Mangold Goldman

Man I thought he was going to stay on the roster for sure as the 5th receives

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Willy will probably be the #3 next year. They say Brunell is ok but who knows and if he isn't then he would have to be the number 2 to start the season. He isn't ready for that at this point.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Looks like Payne is sticking around

15. boxorox

boxorox Banned

SCORE...Patrick Turner gone. Lankster gone. Go Maybin! Also, thank you reasonable people who are in here supporting Maybin today. Yesterday not so much. As to Berning outplayed Maybin...just lol. Really I'd probably say the same thing for just about any of the backup LB's, not necessarily because they aren't more well rounded...but because they don't offer anything different and exciting.

Maybin could literally become a scary blitzing threat or at least be a nuisance as he is now...none of these other guys are going to step into a game and just win it for us THIS year. He could.

The FO is clearly making cuts along these lines and I want to see them marching out Tevaseau, Cook, or a Berning/Mcintyre well before Maybin if and when they bring in an OL and less critically a WR.

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I want Maybin to stay as well, but Turner and Lankster being cut does not help Maybin out IMO. They were not competing for the same roster spots

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Holy over the top analysis batman!

Maybin will not be winning the jets any games this year. He will be lucky to see the field.

18. boxorox

boxorox Banned

I don't see why that is clear. It looks to me like they're making a decision between Cook and Payne for the last spot. I'd be cutting Payne first if I were them (IR if possible). What is so special about Payne? A better option than him could easily come available right now without being on the shelf half the year.

19. boxorox

boxorox Banned

He could easily see the field. He could easily make a game changing sack or hurry. NONE of the other LB's will make any real impact this year. And you don't know that he can't be the go to backup passrusher. We desperately need a guy like him [potentially]

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Aaron Maybin > Jesus Christ