Current Jets 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1) Have you seen him play when Mangold got hurt into a game last year? He is over-aggressive when he plays ST... when he's on the OL he keeps his cool.
    Felix is a natural C, Turner is a natural G... and yet Turner is better than Felix at C. What does that tell you?

2) I think I'll leave you in the very capable hands of Mr E on this one :p (however, I'd propose a 1st and a turd...)

2. ........

........ Trolls

Josh Baker has been cut.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    #Jets have told TE Josh Baker that he will be cut, per source. #NYJ hopes he clears waivers and gets on practice squad. #nyj

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Josh Baker (Northwest Missouri) was used at FB/TE in preseason finale. #Jets love his potential. Chance he won’t clear waivers when cut tho

8 to go I guess... happy they'll bring him back on the PS.
    PS: how much money do players on the PS make? Around 80k right? hard to feel sorry for them...

#123 Mambo9, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  4. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I am surprised so many have maybin not making the team. the guy has some serious edge speed and he got to the qb. we don't have anyone with speed off the edge like him. i think it would be kind of foolish not to keep him.

5. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I believe they make a minimum of $5,200 a week.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

josh baker made a cool catch against the texans(preseason), why would tanny cut a cool play guy against 4th stringers

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I agree with this.. I mean I'm not delusional and don't think Maybin is a lock for 10 sacks this year or anything like that.

But I think when there's a guy who has potential like he does, it makes sense to find a spot for him. He possesses a skill that nobody else on our team has, which is an extremely quick first step. If Rex feels there is any way to work with him and make him a legit pass rusher, it's worth it to keep him at the expense of an extra backup d-lineman or corner that will have minimal impact, imo.

But as I've said numerous times, we have to trust Rex. He will keep who he thinks helps them win games the most this year. He's earned our trust. If he thinks Maybin is worth keeping, then I'm for it. If he thinks these other guys are better, then goodbye Aaron.

8. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I wish this forum had like buttons for posts or increase rep for good posts, etc.

9. 624

624 Banned

edit fillers

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Anyone who's born in a town called Sugar Land (Texas) deserves to get the axe...

11. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I havn't read all pages, but, can we cut Ducasse now, he's a waste....

12. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Looking at who was cut, and just counting 48 locks on the roster, I don't see how Maybin doesn't make the team.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I totally agree with u there. I mean, he played against 2nd stringers, but clearly dominated them. I dont seem to remember many players that dominated against 2nd strings or even 3rd n 4th. He has too much speed as a LB and can be very useful in blitz. I mean extremely useful. U've got 6guys rushing n 5 blocking. If he goes unblocked, u r talking about one second time for the WRs to break out of one on one.

He has to make the team. I think Rex will keep him n use him situationally. Dig had 3 sacks n I think Rex can put him in position to muster up a few sacks.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Well now... dominated is a bit much... that said yeah he should make this team, at least ahead of Berning.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I think a lot of people have pre-conceived hatred for Maybin just because of who he is, a bust with the Bills, high pick who failed, zero sacks, all that stuff.

Let's be real.. if he was just Joe Blow signed from the CFL or something and we saw him getting to the QB off the edge a few times like he did with his quick first step, or busting through the line to nearly sack Young (although he couldn't bring him down), we'd be going gaga over him and saying how some time with Rex will make him a star and all that stuff and we have to keep him.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The difference is Maybin showed nothing on the NFL level while having the chance to do so while Joe Blow has had no chance.

17. fr0zensm0ke

fr0zensm0ke Member

I entirely agree with this though. People definitely seem more down on Maybin because he has been in the league, and everyone knows him as a bust, the Bill's version of Gholston. Being that we just got over the whole Gholston thing not to long ago, people are hesitant to give a guy like that a shot.

However, it's been said that Rex and Tanny brought him in to do one thing, be an edge rusher on obvious passing downs. He's done that much, with pretty limited snaps, and I think he's played hard to show that he's at least worth working with. I'll actually be a little disappointed if he doesn't make the 53, but of course I trust Rex and Tannenbaum above all else.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Skins just cut Kellen Clemens.

Does anyone know for sure how much time Greg McElroy will miss? If it's more than 8 weeks, we should just place him on the IR and bring back Clemens. McElroy will still get gain great knowledge from the coaching staff, Sanchez, and Brunell.

If the kid's only out for a two or three weeks, then hold tight...but if not, bring back Clemens.

The bottom line is this: if McElroy can't go, what's point of using a roster spot on him? He'll be holding a clipboard all year anyway. ...may as well bring in a HEALTHY QB that knows the offense.

19. fr0zensm0ke

fr0zensm0ke Member

Recent reports have said 4-6 weeks recovery for McElroy. I'd rather take my chances with Brunell and Willy for a few weeks. It would take at least a couple weeks for Kellen to relearn some of the offense anyway, I'm sure.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That sentence that I put in bold is just plain stupid.

Anyone know if a roster spot opens up if a player is placed on the PUP?