Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i dunno poor OL performances?

schotty has to clean up some situational playcalling but c'mon theres been no blocking in any phase for most teams this preseason let alone ours.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Someone message me when we can start picking up the bitching on Schotty. I don't wanna be late to my annual whine fest. :)

Preseason on a strike shortened off-season. I can't take too much to heart. The first couple of games should sort things out.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just like the players, Schotty will have to get into some kinda rythym with the guys at his disposal this season. I'm thinking he'll be his old conservative, predictable self until he gets comfortable with his options on offense. If not, I'm pretty sure this will be Schotty's last hurrah as OC of the NYJ's. At least it should be...

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

end of the discussion right there.

you only have 9 days until you can actually start bitching without coming off as a miserable bastard. you can make it!

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You answered your own question. Nobody.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

When wasn't that last Hurrah for the past few years?

7. Cman68

True... Seems Schotty's Jets career lasts longer than a vampire at a bloodbank.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I'm trying. Last nights miserable excuse for playcalling had me in MidSeason form.

All I want is, the Ball to be out of any Quarterbacks hands in 3 seconds, more than 60% of the time.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It will be fun when Brian is a HC and we start complaining about the next OC.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Head coach of what? A non-arena league football team? Thanks for the good laugh this morning.

11. nyjunc

The laughs are from those whining about preseason play calling. I hate to break this to you but Brian is well thought of around the league, he likely would have been a HC after '09 if he didn't decline requests and he will get more opportunities.

12. Cman68

Well, you can blame Paul F'n Hackett for that Junc.

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Our bitching about the playcalling now is a carry-over from his playcalling last year, which was also second-rate. Is the goal-line stand in PITT really something worth revisiting? Don't you find it unusual that some relic from Indy's glory days was brought in to review film and "assist" him?

Let some team "snatch" him up- I'll open the doors as he walks out for the last time.

14. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

HUGE year for Brian.....

IMO, he'll make a very mediocre Head Coach.

But, for now I'm happy with him staying here, especially in the short offseason....

Honestly though, if this offense falls flat, Brian might be the fall guy and might be regretting not taking other jobs... If this offense isn't pretty good Brian will have to hope for another OC job.

I think this offense would run pretty well under Callahan - Probably less trickery - more play action and basics.

15. Hobbes3259

some teams run Older style NFL Offenses well.

However, in the evolving world, (Like Philly, NE, Indy) The emphasis is on negating DL play by getting rid of the f*ng ball.

We've always had the talent to be well suited for that.

(and given the neophyte QB, I'd say moreso)

16. nyjunc

I find it interesting Tom Moore was brought in to consult just as it was interesting Jim McNally was brought in to do the same w/ Callahan- is Callahan doing a bad job?

There will always be plays/sequences we don't like but it's up to the players to execute. When they execute the OC looks great, when they don't the OC looks bad.

We have a good OC who has done a great job developing a QB that barely played more than a year in college and has started for us since day 1.

I'm not worried about how good of a HC he will be but he'll get a chance. My only problem w/ him is he does get too cute at times w/ the trick plays. Hopefully w/ Smith gone those trick plays will go w/ him.

17. nyjunc

You think that has been our problem on O the last 2 years?

18. Hobbes3259

How about the Pre season. It counts.

Banged up OL, ZERO, ZIP, NADA emphasis on getting rid of the ball.

Coaches are supposed to get better situationally.

GMac Got pounded last night (cant fault the injury on the OC ) for no reason except a failure to adjust.

Now, It's possible that they kept it in the Hat BC Dallas will try to win with DL play.

If the Offense comes out in High Percentage Pass mode, I'll be the first one here.

I just hope If #6 needs a new jersey by the third series, The defenders will wake up.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Sign me up for that!!! Sanchez needs an up-tempo no bullshit offense... instead he gets a slow tempo "do a million adjustments at the LOS" O...

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Your opinion is that he lands a HC position in the short-term. I say that he'll be lucky to be an OC next season if his style of playcalling remains unchanged. Let's see which of us is right in the end. Regardless of what they're doing with Callahan, I'm convinced that Moore was brought in because Shitforbrains is struggling in calling the appropriate plays with some consistency.