Anyone Else Tired of Joe Namath??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Sep 4, 2010.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Nobody really give's a rats ass about who has a blank check w/you. REspect? LMAO:rofl: - If you are so lazy that you don't even bother to know WTF you are even talking about, you are the one that doesn't deserve respect. You simply reveal yourself to be ignorant and classless.

If You think its appropriate to call somebody as a "drunk fuck" who is an admitted recovering alcoholic who will have 8 years of sobriety in December 2011 - thats reflects far more upon your stupidity and poor judgment than it does on Namath.

"he's got a right to his opinions just like anybody else. But I love Joe Namath" - Rex Ryan.

2. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I love what the guy did for the Jets, and for Football in General (Also, he was quite the badass of his time) but now it's time to just shut up and smile. He's stirring the pot, just to stir the pot, except it's not the 60's anymore.

And I don't just GIVE elder's respect. Anyone who wants respect from me earns it under my own judgement, and I wouldn't ask anyone to do it any other way.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I watched the Letterman show with Namath from Tues. nite.

He looked great...

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lazy? You are so freaking lazy you can't even spell a former players name correctly , most likely you are not smart enough.

He is drunk idiot as I suspect you are too........... Trust me the last persons respect I would want is yours. DIAFF

Everything I said about him is dead on.................

#504 Miamipuck, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

We are cool thanks for typing this response.... the first one I thought was telling me who I had to respect..........

Some of the "lack of civility" is because this place is 1) anonymous 2.) You interact with people, we normally would never associate with, unless you are in a half way house. (Abdul) 3.) Not everyone here is smart (again Abdul)

Really the vast majority (>95%) of the lack of civility here is just humor and busting balls. This is a football message board not to be taken seriously. Man, I feel for people if they have to take this place as a serious intellectual pursuit.

Some of you guys grew up with Namath, and love him. That is cool. I didn't, his schtick is tiresome and annoying at present imo. At this point the guy seems more like a guy that makes you cringe whenever you give him a forum to air his opinions. I just wish he was seen and not heard.........Like the vast majority of former athletes.

#505 Miamipuck, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  6. walnuts24

walnuts24 New Member

I am sick of sober Joe Namath. Way cooler when he is shitfaced on the sideline. Kinda like that cool alcoholic uncle that you can only handle in small doses.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

we cool. i would just like the Jets to start showcasing other players.we look like a sad bunch that we keep bringing out Joe Namath.not b/c he's Joe Namath but b/c it looks like he is all we got. we have joe klecko only guy to make the pro bowl at 3 different positions.curtis martin 4th all time leading rusher.we have great players that we should be using not just this old sandbag of a glory long long past.we need to win another championship.

and i think we are all together on that

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

[​IMG]

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Wasn't Abdul leading the burn Braylon at the stake brigade after his DUI? Seems a bit odd that he is still on namath's nuts.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

He was also at the forefront of the "let's bench Sanchez in favor of Clemens" back in Sanchez's rookie year.

He's a REAL genius. :rolleyes:

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Shit, might need to change my stance on ducasse.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

On a message board? What do you need a friend for?

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This is a fair response, we all love Joe and everybody appreciates what he did for this organization. Without Joe we are in the same boat as Detroilet and Cleveland. That being said it doesn't give him the right to spout off and act like an ass or that he is the authority on all things Jets.

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

This thread has inspired me to buy a Joe Namath jersey.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And Minnesota and Buffalo and Cincinnati and Philadelphia and San Diego and Atlanta and Tennessee and Carolina and Seattle and Arizona and Houston and Jacksonville, might as well make the list of teams who have never won a SB complete.

#515 Don, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Where should Joe go, and who should he talk to, to get the right to "sput off"?

"Spout Off" = saying things about the Jets I disagree with.

17. Revis

Revis Banned

He's given the right to say what he wanna say from his birthday .anyway , but whether to believe is our choice .

18. Calikid

Calikid New Member

While I can understand Jet fans not agreeing with all of his opinions, he is one the greatest if not the greatest Jet players ever. It's surprising to me to see the dislike for him on this board.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Meh. Most of us here have never seen him play. It's really tough for me to be that much of a fan of someone who retired before I was even born. It's the same thing with Yankee greats like Mantle, DiMaggio, etc. I don't feel a whole lot for them even though they're legends.

I'm also sick of the Super Bowl III team. I didn't experience it personally, so it's as if it never happened in a way. I want my own damn Super Bowl memory. Ugh.

20. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Yes. One of the greatest players in NFL history is a Jet. One of the greatest moments in Super Bowl history, his "guarantee" and then backing it up, was from that same Jet. And he is still remembered fondly enough to be on Letterman and throw a pass to Alec Baldwin. He was and still is our treasure.