vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Haha, basically you just said "He could be good, bad, or average. And someone who predicted his eventual outcome will be right." :wink:

Seriously though, I get what you're saying, and I'd love for you to be right. I always want maximum return from guys. I just don't feel I've yet seen enough from him to warrant getting excited about his future beyond being a capable backup. I'm hopeful that will change, but I'm patient enough to just wait it out and see either way.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So far tonite, Vlad ain't impaling anybody but he sure as hell is piling up the penalties. This might be one "developemental project" that could be aborted if nothing happens this year draft position be damned. Vlad is physically imposing but the reality is, right now he sucks as a OLinesman.

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The truth is had he not been a 2nd round pick, he would have been gone a long time ago.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll make a movie about Ducasse called "The Blind".

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Watching the Yanks/Sux game. I take it Ducasse is playing like trash again?? Yeeesh.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just don't think he gets it..

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

he's just really dumb

8. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Wow, the biggest Vlad ball licker on this site is finally coming around. He has now been through 2 training camps, 1 offseason and 1 full season and he still can't get out of his own way. Bad pick. No big deal, happens to every team. Don't get your vag juices flowing over this. You're wrong, just accept you aren't as smart as you pretend to be on the internet

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm his biggest ball licker? think you might be confused but whatever.

10. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Since when did he go through a full offseason and two training camps? Maybe Vlad isn't part of the NFLPA?

11. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

I just keep thinking to last year in the preseason on Hard Knocks at LG with the starters Rex saying he's going to get someone killed out there.

You can still see the raw attributes, the guy is a beast when he gets locked on with someone, problem is people are to fast right now for him and he is still poor at adjusting to who to pick up with line calls/etc.

He's definitely behind where anyone hoped but he can't be written off yet. The jump from playing at the college level he did to the NFL is huge. There he could just rely on his size/strength. The problem is that not only is everything faster in the NFL (especially from his level) but everyone is also much faster and even stronger. If he can get consistent with footwork/positioning and read defenses better, he can still wind up a great RT or solid guard.

I think the problem is everyone saw him dominate at his level in college, and the Jets had a need so he's been thrown into the fire right away. Realistically, the second round was high just because the gamble of how he was going to be a decent project. Honestly, if the guy went in the 4th or later and wasn't in the spotlight from day one on the line, he'd probably have a better chance with the Jets.

That said, he's the kind of player that I don't think going somewhere else would help, I think it'd really get him down and kill his mental game completely. He definitely needs to be at a above average level backup status next season or I could see him getting the axe.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Just finished watching.
    For me VD is going to be a project for the next few years. His problems aren't physical, they're mental....Think..."Tell me about the Rabbits Lenny......"

13. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

If he was some UFA we would be face palming and laughing at how bad he is .....instead we try to praise him for basic run blocking ignoring the fact if he starts a game he is likely to fuck up multiple times. He makes Anthony Clement look like Winston Hill

14. boxorox

boxorox Banned

When Cameron was in Egypt land...let my Cameron gooooo. (Vlad is singing this if he reads this thread)

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Vlad is retarded, his problems begin and end with his severe retardation.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Well, he'll never be a good gord.

17. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I didnt watch the game last night (not in the NY area), but heard he had 3 penalties. Can someone give a fair assessment of what he looked like? As I said a few weeks ago (before my banning lol!) I think he was a bad pick and the whole project thing is a joke. 2nd round picks to me shouldnt be 3 year projects, especially second round interior lineman. But I will leave it to those who watched to give a fair assessment.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sucks when someone with 'severe retardation' earns more money in one Sunday afternoon than you and me earn all year!

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Oh, but he's a "project" right? I thought that 7th rounders and UDFA were your "project" guys, and that by the 2nd season you should at least be seeing something from a player...

20. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This.........