Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the only reason this thread wasn't upped last night.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

My main gripe with Shottenheimer is how the offense ALWAYS gets off to a slow start. I know he obviously prepares and works hard game-planning prior to the game, but it just seems like they come into every game with no idea how to attack the defense and just play it by ear. They see what the D is doing, let them dictate the action, then adjust.

The other thing is how every time they have extra time to prepare for a game (after a bye, or after a Thursday game), they come out awful on offense and have their worst performances. There are plenty of possible reasons for this, but imo the offensive coordinator has to take a hit for that.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I have to agree with junc here. Bitching about Schotty during the preseason games is a little much, even for you guys.

Save your strength for the regular season, when the games actually matter.

4. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i don't think people realize the gameplan is intentionally vanilla in preseason.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm sure they do but it's like schotty calling a reverse every 3 games. Just can't help themselves.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We ran 11 plays with our starters in averaged 2.54 per carry. 6 of those runs were either for negative yards or 1 yard or less. Not exactly the kind of running game that's going to give you managable down and distance.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The preseason is about 2 things:

1) Evaluate players
    2) staying healthy

Anyone who gives a shit about the score, or playcalling, or who Sanchez is bangin'....is wasting their time and energy.

hahaha!

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

9. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself but my gripes with Schotty have nothing to do with last night or any preseason game. As much as I bash him, that's not fair. Preseason is to evaluate players. Evaluating coaches, however, based on preseason games is silly. I actually would hope we didn't show our hand completely in these meaningless games.

My problems with Schotty are from years of being irritated with his play calling. If you got any long term determinent of Schottenheimer's abilities from last night's game, you either are extremely inciteful or have no clue about football. I never unsderstood why some people put so much stock in preseason games.

10. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I got a good chuckle out of that.

11. Denny

Denny Active Member

Nevermind.....

#2351 Denny, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Detroit started with 4-0 preseason a few seasons ago. We all know how that turned out for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Preseason is about:

1. Giving the starters some reps
    2. Evaluating the bodies outside the starting players.

We see that Jets OL needs some work. (The backups more or less) etc etc.

Preseason is not where you want to bash the coordinators for calling dumb plays. Seriously, what's at stake? Get real, folks. Really.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

While the playcalling was lackluster last night, I thought it was really great to call a play right from the start to target Burress. It got a good rise out of the crowd and set the tone that he's going to be a weapon in this offense.

As has been said, it's a time for evaluation. Whining about yards per play, especially on the ground when our starting RB didn't play a snap is a bit ridiculous.

The only issue I had last night with Schotty's playcalling was emptying the backfield. With an OL missing pieces you don't put that risk on your franchise QB. It was a dumb risk and I almost threw something at the tv.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, yeah, it's pre-season but does anybody believe he won't still call runs up the middle inside the 10? Really?

15. Petey

Petey Active Member

...The way games and plays are called in preseason is an exact replica of how they'll be called when the games count fo' realz!!!1

16. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I wish he would. He's a freaking moron and always tries to get cute in the RZ. Allof a sudden inside the 20 we turn into a spread offense...?:breakdance:

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Go back and look at the 4 plays he called when it was 1st and goal on the 2 against Pittsburgh in the AFC championship. 2 of 4 were runs up the middle, one miss to Keller and another to Holmes(I think). WE do have people that can run outside too but he can't see that.

Here...enough said. I'm sure his defenders will say why that was great play calling though, they always do.

1st and 2 at PIT 2 S.Greene up the middle to PIT 1 for 1 yard (J.Farrior, L.Timmons).
    2nd and 1 at PIT 1 M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to D.Keller. Coverage by #25 Clark.
    3rd and 1 at PIT 1 M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to S.Holmes (L.Woodley). Batted down near the line of scrimmage.
    4th and 1 at PIT 1 L.Tomlinson up the middle to PIT 1 for no gain (B.Keisel, C.Hampton).

#2357 Don, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Two people who think schotty sucks but their reasoning is on completely opposite ends of the spectrum. I would say I'm shocked but I said as much a page or two back.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

With 2 yards to go you have to believe you can force it in for a touchdown. You people complain when hes too cute and complain when hes too conservative. The players have to execute sometimes it can't always be the OC's fault.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I know it's pre season, but 1st team O looks bad. 2nd team O looks bad. 3rd team O looks bad.

Who's at the crux?

Just askin