Thoughts on NYG/NYJ game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cellar-door, Aug 29, 2011.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Naw, Irene is only a kid she had to be chasing Sanchez

2. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Did Anyone Else Think "WTF"

when on one play the Jets' NT dropped back into coverage? The Giants either had a run up the gut called or read that the NT was going to drop into coverage and audibled to a run, and the RB ran through the hole where the NT should have been. I hope they don't do that very often.

3. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Actually I'm pretty sure it's not even Cro's idea to run out of bounds. It has to be the CS that makes sure that if they're gonna throw Cro out there in those plays, it's on the condition that he will run out of bounds before risking a contact at full speed.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I did see that, but we have done it in the past... For some reason, I think we had Pace lined up at the nose at one point last year, and he ended up playing safety on that play or something. It was some crazy drop back by Pace. Rex does a million different things with his defense and its designed to fuck with opposing QB's as often as possible. Usually if Rex has a DL drop into coverage, he has a blitzer filling their space to cover the run, but not so much on that play the other night...

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

In the preseason, i believe thats probably the case, but if he is back to return a kick in week 8, I think the gloves are off, and they tell him to go break one open.

speaking of his KR the other day, did anybody else wonder where the right side of the field coverage was for the giants? I was just expecting somebody to come tackle him, and shockingly nobody showed up until the kicker did

6. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I don't know; I wouldn't.
    If I sent him to return a kick, it's because I expect him to perform better even risk free than the other returners risking their bodies.

If they think that in order for him to have a good return he'll have to get into the traffic, then I'd rather take my chances with Kerley, McK or Kdub.

Now in the playoffs, like last season against the Colts, I'd get your point.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't fot Marty, Shotty's play calling would be something like this: "Paper or plastic?"

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Would like a value meal for $.99 extra?

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

my thoughts?

F shotty.