Thoughts on NYG/NYJ game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cellar-door, Aug 29, 2011.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have to think the delay of the game caused some of the sloppiness. All I care about is that we came out of the game healthy. That is all that matters.

One more thing, the Giants are a borderline dirty team. Brandon Jacobs is such a punk, how in the world was he not flagged for carrying Emmanuel Cook by his facemask? That was beyond dangerous and he should be fined for that.

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

junc, I have to agree with you here. I fucking hate Jacobs. Not only is he a scumbag, but he's incredibly overrated. He's fucking lazy and he's fat off of one good season. He's a piece of trash.
    If he any sort of work ethic and maturity he'd be a top 10 RB in the league, easily.

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

How the fuck is this MetLife-sponsored trophy not a sculpture of Lucy holding the ball for a Charlie Brown field goal attempt? What the fuck does Snoopy have to do with football?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

[​IMG]

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Cromartie as an emergency returner when the team is flat could be a huge wild card for us.

6. nyjunc

It's so comical to see everyone(fans and media) get so high after a meaningless good performance last week and get so down after a meaningless poor performance last night. All that matters is they get some work in and they stay healthy and we have had a healthy preseason so it has been a huge success.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

He had a huge return in that Wild Card game in Indy, too. He's pretty quick for a guy his size.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

From what I saw last night, we really don't have any speed at the Wr position except for Holmes. Maybe Burress will regain more of his as the season goes on but our Wr's shouldn't scare anyone as Mason isn't as fast as he used to be and neither is Burress.

Maybe El Capitan can get by with a medium passing game. We'll find out as the season unfolds

9. nyjunc

Mason is qucik not fast, we have more than enough speed w/ holmes and Kerley. Burress can get downfield but he will be our big possession guy. Our WR corps will be fine as long as they stay healthy, keep in mind this was the first game all 3 played together.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

too be totally honest, I feel like the wildcat was tossed in just so we give the cowboys one more thing to prepare for. Not that we plan on using it extensively, just making teams spend more time gameplanning against it.

the 3rd and 1 LT run, is there to try and see if our OL can get the push they need, and to see if LT can be relied on to go get that tough yard when you have to have it. In this case we failed on all counts.

I still blame Sanchez last night. He missed lots of throws and blew a few reads. We had "no gameplan" because its preseason and went with very vanilla playcalling in general. That said, the guys have to execute the plays we called. Last night we absolutely failed to do that.

I think schotty called those plays for Mcelroy because he won't be successful yet running a normal offense. Thats ok, he's a rookie, a 7th round pick on top of it. They used those training wheels with Mark all the time his rookie year. Sanchez has just graduated to not needing those training wheels anymore.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Agreed Junc but I didn't see the seperation from the Giant DB's that I had hoped to. Mason may be quick, but he's coverable and Kerley is still raw with alot of upside. Burress can get downfield but without a breakdown in coverage, I don't see him just blowing by guys. El Capitan and Schotty will really have to be creative to get guys open deep.

12. boxorox

boxorox Banned

#10. Also...jump 17 jump.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Whatever the reason for it, Sanchez did not inspire much confidence last night. Regarding the last pre-season game, I wonder how much we will see of the first team O out there. On one hand, you want to avoid injury, but this group looks like it needs to get used to playing together.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

You and I are on the same page here, junc.

If the starters come out unscathed, then the preseason is a success, imo.

15. boxorox

boxorox Banned

true but you can draw some conclusions about how young players are developing and make some assessments on chemistry and stuff. Ignoring extra information is stupid. Drawing too many conclusions from less meaningful information is also stupid. lots of ways to be stupid, less to be smart.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You won't see starters Thursday according to Manish, Rex already said, " No starters".

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

You won't see them. They would be playing on 2 full day's rest. Even if they played on Sat at 2, they still probably would only play 1 or 2 series. It's gonna be all 2nd teamers, practice squad guys, and future arm chair qb's.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

When you're a playoff contender, coming out of the preseason with all your key players intact and no trips to the IR....that's a win.

And yes, I'm already aware that teams use the preseason to evaluate their depth players....thanks for the 411 on that. :rolleyes:

19. nyjunc

People get too caught up in #s and all that, it's about getting in some work and getting out healthy. Sanchez is a vet now, he's going to be fine, i expect more consistency and I will be shocked if we don't see it. Should the Pats be worried b/c Brady struggled the other night? It's silly to get worked up over preseason. I

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Iggy and I discussed this last night. You're right about Sanchez, he's a vet now and should be fine. In fact, this is year 3 in his development, I expect him to improve on his numbers from last year.

Preseason is about 3 things....working off the offseason rust, evaluating your depth and staying healthy.