Vick agrees to 6 years 100 mil extension

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JohnnyThaJet, Aug 29, 2011.

1. steves850

steves850 Active Member

This is an intelligent and articulate rebuttal. Well done, sir. You have most certainly opened my eyes to a new perspective on this issue.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Seems like everyone thinks it's a given that Vick repeats and/or sustains his MVP-calibre performance from last year. I'd definitely have waited to see if he repeated what he did last year before dishing him this kind of coin because I, for one, am skeptical.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

That should be enough guaranteed money to get "Bad Newz Kennelz" back up and running.

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

youcantsay that heserved histime!!1!!

5. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Some football players are mean and vicious people. News at 11

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

what if Mike Vicks 100 million were zebra patterned instead of green?

[​IMG]

7. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Believe me, I'm fully aware that these players are individuals and I'm also fully aware that some people suck. I choose to judge and root against some of these players if I happen to become conscious of their horrible actions whatever it may be.

8. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

$36m guaranteed according to NFL network. Not a bad deal at all. By comparison for recent 5year plus contracts Sanchez gets 28M guaranteed over 5 years and Bradford gets $50M guaranteed over 6 years.

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Eagles will be in cap armageddon come 2013 and beyond.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

somehow I doubt that... If the Jets can do it, so can the other teams. If we are being honest with ourselves, the eagles GM is pretty damn good at what he does. He might be the closest thing to Tanny in the league right now from a player acquisition and retention standpoint

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He will probably see very little of it. He still owes 19 million from his bankruptcy and at even a 50% tax rate with 36 million guaranteed he will get 18...well, you do the math. It's not what it seems to be.

#32 Don, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Eagles are still paying it

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I guess it's impossible to say with out seeing all the numbers but from all these signings in the offseason and an upcoming Desean Jackson contract I can't see them having room left over.

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Exactly, Vick admitted and served time for his crime. The judicial system decided what his punishment should be, and he took it. In other words, you could say justice was served.

I can think of plenty of people who got around the legal system, or deserve to be punished. But the fact is, Vick served his sentence, and it was a real federal prison, not house-arrest, probation, or "rehab", but actual prison. He paid his debt to society, according to our laws.

If you want to think that he's a walking human piece of shit, you're allowed to (and most do). But the fact remains that there's nothing else legally that he's obligated to do.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I said it before it became public knowledge that he was a sordid criminal, and I say it still today. F*ck Mike Vick. This guy could go break a leg and I wouldn't shed a tear.

He's enjoyed one hell of a ride back to "redemption", and while he may be ever hated, the cash he's again enjoying will help him sleep at night, I am sure.

I still don't like Mike Vick. :smile: