Madden Release Date: 8/30

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I won't be buying madden this year, it is getting pretty annoying to pay 60 dollars plus tax for what is essentially a roster update. the NFL 2K series made better football games anyways.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Rargh Rargh Rargh I'm a stubborn Rebel who does read about the new added features or try the demo before making my decision about purchases.

How many times do I have to hear this shit. The game looks and feels 100% different than last year.

3. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Which isn't a good thing. Last years nailed the speed of the game, now they sped it up and its very "arcade" feeling.

4. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I thought Madden 10 had a much better default game speed than last year, which seemed to make everything a little faster. Regardless, I definitely agree that the demo's speed was way too arcade feeling and fast, but the problem was pretty much solved by adjusting the speed option/threshold.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

i'm undecided on madden this year

6. NickD

NickD New Member

Ugh, if they messed with game speed, then they really blow. A player should run a 40 in the game the same they run it in real life.

The only game speed exception should be playcalling. I take 2-10 seconds to call a play and 3-10 to line up and run it, whereas the NFL takes 20-40 seconds. I play 7 minute quarters to compensate, but can run the clock down considerably if I want to (and I do when playing difficult opponents and it feels like cheating when I can use a whole quarter on one drive). If EA wants to alter that aspect so I can play 15 min quarters, then I wouldn't mind.

7. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I liked the addition of the accelerated clock that was put in two years ago, I think. If you used it with 10-15 minute quarters, it can make for a realistically-timed game.

That said, I don't understand why it doesn't apply after the two-minute warning. Assuming you're trying to replicate the realistic time of a game and you're driving for a game winning/tying score, you're going to want to 'use the two-minute offense' and often go no huddle. But what's the point of going no huddle when it can easily take longer than just very quickly selecting a play from the menu, if you know where you're choosing it from?

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

The game speed on the online play is slower than what we all get in the demo. I haven't played an offline game yet, but I assume it's the same.

Yes, I have the game and am playing it like there is no tomorrow.

9. 624

624 Banned

Is there a buy online get 20 dollar store credit back deal anywhere like there was last year?

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Is it a lot different than the demo and are teams like the raiders and eagles still going to dominate on crossing routes?

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Amazon I think

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Speed is always a plus, but it's becoming less and less valuable with each release I feel.

Revis just owned Mike Wallace for 3 INTs in the last game because the guy continued to try and go after him. Does that answer your question?

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

BTW, Gus Johnson's patented line of "He's got getting away from the cops speed" is in the game. If you think I'm joking, just wait...

14. ukilledkenny

Awesome, I hate knowing what my opponent is going to do, calling the correct play to stop it and then having it blow up in my face just because the ratings in the game are fucked.

Last year I had to resort to putting someone like pace at end and then taking him off the rush to cover that shit. Annoying as hell.

15. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart also has an offer where you get a $20 giftcard (which I used to buy MLB 2k11:up:)

16. 624

624 Banned

Does it have to be a pre-order to get the 20 dollars back?

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Using my $20 (Amazon) to get SSX

Look, they added presentation to the game.

[YOUTUBE]rn1v-ygin9g[/YOUTUBE]

All i really care about franchise mode. From IGN

18. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Are we ding a league this year????

19. Windeos

Windeos Member

Got madden early with the ea season pass. My observations, loving franchise mode, game is more difficult than previous years.

Love the extended rosters & having to make roster cuts, means undrafted rookies get a real go in game.

All in all I'm loving this

20. ukilledkenny

If someone hasn't done it on 360 by the time I get it I'm making a tgg online community. The 360 tgg leagues always suck.