80s/90s uniforms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

You are wrong and you are right. If you ask ANYONE who knows what the AFL was, they know the JETS won SBIII, Anyone who has ever watched the NFL has seen the shot of Namath with his finger in the air, IN A JETS JERSEY and HELMET running to the locker rooms. Steve Sabol has said that shot is one of the most famous in NFL history (he would know), It is used in MANY NFL Broadcast video packages. It is also considered one of the most meaningful and famous games in Football history. On the other hand, I agree with you in the fact that I dont think we rate as high as the pack, or cowboys for instance. But our logo, was in the right place at the right time, and therefore makes it iconic in that sense. the Wonder Years alone proves it was a HUGE part of Pop culture in the late 60's early 70's, because that is all the show was about, and our logo is in pretty much every episode for the first 4 seasons.

2. zllehs

zllehs New Member

ok we agree on some level and yes there is probably no more recognizable picture in the NFL than this

[​IMG]

3. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

And how beautiful is that pic?

4. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Best football picture ever.

5. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

A lot of Jets' fans were also born across the country when Namath appeared on "The Brady Bunch".

6. The Zman

The Zman New Member

the 80's unis are terrible. stick with the old Titans ones for throwback games

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think we are wearing the Titans Jersey this season. I saw Rex wearing a Titans shirt in a press conference a few weeks ago.

8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]