Metlife stadium it is!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ajetsfan4ever, Aug 19, 2011.

1. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

Almost. That is the key.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yeah, but if that was the case they would have gone w/Ashley Madison here because of the cheating & ass raping going on w/Woody's tix scams.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

In a perfect world, we should not be sharing a stadium and we should play in the City. The fact that this is not a perfect world is hardly new or surprising. It would have made sense to play ball in NYC. But ultimately it was cheaper and easier to stay in the middle of nowhere in NJ. Its still better than playing in god forsaken foxboro mass....lol.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's not very far from the Tunnel and Bridge, so i wouldn't call it out in the middle of nowhere, but I get your point. I live in Jersey, and at first supported a West Side Stadium, but now am glad it didn't happen after seeing how $$$$ the PSL and ticket prices are in this place. West Side Stadium PSL's would have been like buying a townhouse.

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

And where would you have tailgated in Manhattan?

6. Denny

Denny Active Member

Wow. I remember way back to Cman50 and beyond. You ol coot. I'm lovin' the chicks man. I can dig it. Here's to the New Era!

7. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

The middle of nowhere in Jersey? Have you ever actually been to the stadium? Cuz that was the dumbest thing said in the last few posts. Its not like they put the stadium in the pine barrens of South Jersey.

8. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

Another great point.

9. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

the rooftops of buildings lol.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

<--------------------- see avatar

11. Revis-island247

Revis-island247 New Member

Hey jets fans i had a question im hoping some one can help im goin to the giant jet game this weekend and with the hurricane coming i was jw do u think they would move the date or something i dnt wanna miss out and lose money thanks

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

of course i've been there. compared to NYC its the middle of nowhere. not as bad as foxboro obviously, but still compared to the west side proposal playing in east rutherford seems like the middle of nowhere to me. If you think east rutherford is the center of excitement and activity - thats up to you.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

at any one of 50 saloons and venues that would have been developed and enhanced for just that purpose. hello? lol.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ahh yes. Pay $100 to eat somebody else's cooked rancid burger...

15. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I did pay $17 for a cheeseburger at BB Kings last week (saw Buckethead, awesome show).

16. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

That whole thing made no sense, it takes a matter of minutes to get into the city from the stadium, Jets Stadium is way closer to NYC than for instance The Eagles Linc. The Linc is much further from center city Philly than Jets Stadium is from NYC. There is ZERO room in the city, and it would have eliminated tailgating. If you think going to a bar or resturaunt is the same, then youve never tailgated.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Forgive me for not aggeeing with you that there is something magical about standing around a parking lot at Met Life drinking beer and eating brats versus standing on a patio or on a deck or on a rooftop at a saloon in NYC eating brats and drinking beer. I'd rather be in NYC than East Rutherford. Its a dead horse, but this is the offseason, so we might we well beat it some more. :grin:

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

By any chance, did u ever work for Initech, Milton?

19. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

It sucks sharing the stadium again, yeah I get it. But how many brand new sports arenas can the tri state have that house literally one team. Same goes for the Islanders. Get in on the Barclays! Instead of petitioning for a new place. Devils, Nets, Islanders, and in this argument Jets and Giants on their own too? Really no need.

20. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

Well, some people like wasting their money at NYC bars, and thats fine for a Sat night, but before a game where ticket prices are soaring, the stadium beer, food, etc. is overpriced, MOST JETS FANS would rather pay for parking, toss around a football and grill up their own food. Just like we've been for 50 or so years. Having a stadium in the city just makes ZERO sense at all, which is why our home is in NJ.