80s/90s uniforms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Good. Doesn't change the fact that they look like creamsicles out there.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen this?

[YOUTUBE]6-vzrrjuGVo[/YOUTUBE]

Our mock jerseys look like the current predominant black Eagles jerseys but badA none the less, with the 80's emblem!

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

It's classic and clean.

Our white-on-white uniform combination is very classy and very cool. Followed closely by the green-on-white combo. I have no desire to see my team dressing like a minor league hockey team.

If I never see the Titans uniforms again I'll die happy. It was nice - once.

4. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Those aren't real jerseys, FYI, before this starts to snowball.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I like the old Tampa Bay ones better too, mainly because the new ones are awful.

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Right, I just thought it was a a cool concept

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

CoolConcept,Blind?

8. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I agree. I didn't like when we had the black trim but with this, the black looks sick! The Ravens and Cardinals ones were awesome too. I love how Nike did the Pro Combat jerseys in the NCAA (especially WVU and Va Tech). I think it would be cool if we wore this maybe once or twice in a season!

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree with everything said here. Nothing better than our white on white with the white striped socks.. keeps it classy.

green on white is good too, and although I prefer the white pants I can live with white jersey/green pants... green on green I dont like at all (reminds me of Herm anyway)

titans unis dont get me started with those nasty's....

It might be cool to where the 80s style concept for a game as long as they dont over do it, but it wont break my heart if they dont.

In a perfect world my Jets are wearing white and white every single game though.

10. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

Those Helmets in the video are sick, but all the jersey's are fresh

Arizona's helmets look so nice in that video, not real though

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

[​IMG]

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

This

[​IMG]

Everything else is crap.

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

If nike does for the NFL what they did for college teams like Oregon and VT with their jerseys, I'm really looking forward to 2012's selection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. deef

deef Member

To anyone saying our unis are too plain, I have a question. What the heck are you expecting? It's a football uniform.

What is the fascination with black? IMO, If you want black, go watch the Steelers or the Raiders. I'm sick of every team trying to add black. It's pointless.

#94 deef, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  15. jets1988

jets1988 Member

Seriously how could anyone think that looks good.

[​IMG]

#95 jets1988, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

you are correct but theres alot of sentimental value growing up with them. Just for a game or two. Scrap the Titans uniforms.

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I agree. Those Nike abominations are AWFUL. What we have now is awesome, and please NO MORE BLACK. Black and green look like shit together, it's not the 1990's anymore. Let's keep our classic timeless look and laugh at the teams with shit uniforms (Cardinals, Falcons, Minnesota etc)

18. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Although we disagree on some other things, you're right that this is a huge part of the bottom line. All those AFC throwback jerseys in 2009 were just to get people to buy more merch. I'm sure a ton of people spent money on NY Titan jerseys that year who hadn't even heard of a Titan a year before... (And we probably never will again - God willing). With the jerseys costing around $80 for a replica and up to $300 for an authentic, the NFL has to find a way to persuade fans to buy new jerseys.

So, that being said, if the Jets do play in an 80's style retro jersey this year, or some time in the future, look for them to find a way to try to sell us more stuff. Capitalism, bitches!

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's fine. I'd rather see young Jet fans walking around in a Sack Exchange-era Klecko jersey than a Titans version Favre, which was worn once or twice in actual games.

20. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

"Too plain" and "too bland" are stupid arguments, and shouldn't be used for a FOOTBALL UNIFORM! The only arguments that really hold water are those about the (a) color and (b) logo.
    I personally like the current colors better than the old lighter shade of green. I personally like the older logo (Jets spelled out with the wing on top). So my idea is you take the current jerseys with the same exact top and pants, and just replace the logo on the helmet with the JETS with the wing on top, I think it would be the perfect combo.

"These jerseys are plain and bland" is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard on this message board. What are we discussing here, chinese food?