vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i just cant picture you screaming for anyones head.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I just can't picture you knowing football.

The last time I ranted and raved about someone's removal was to Fire Bob Sutton as DC and get a change of culture for this entire franchise. A coach to throw out this repeating history and add toughness to the "Same old pussy Jets"

It seems when I scream for someone's head, results are placed at my feet.

You want me to scream for someone's head? Chris Stewart looked like shit. Cut him.

Oh, also, When people screamed for Sanchez's head in 09 and I said calm down - I was right.

When people wanted Joe McKnight cut and I said calm down, well Joe's gunna have some carries this year. Its night and day from what he was last year.

#322 NDmick, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Please don't let him get anyone else hurt. Too bad he isn't as talented as he is ugly.

4. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Exactly! It's not rocket science. For the life of me, I'll never understand how/why football coaches can be so effing stupid. It happens year in and year out. Some kid will come into the NFL who has little experience, is switching positions, or needs better technique and fundamentals, and what do coaches do? If the light doesn't go on immediately, they either quit on the player or they start trying them at other positions trying to see if they can be versatile. Brad Smith is the perfect example. Here was a guy with amazing athleticism who was making a major position change. He needed to focus on one thing...learning to play WR. What did Mangini do? He had him playing WR, QB, wildcat QB, STs, and even CB for cripes sake. He's developed into an awesome KR and excellent wildcat QB, but has never made any mark as a WR, which is THE position where he could become an absolute stud and that would make him a ton of money.

Ducasse didn't have the benefit of working with the coaches during the offseason. He deserves more patience. To give up on him at this point would be mind-numbingly stupid.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Brad smith never had what it took to become a WR because he never got the technique down.

Even Rex said in his first year as the HC that its time for him to show that he can be a capable WR. When it was realized that he couldn't do it they focused him on what he did best.

In Ducasse's case, they realized he's a RT only. But with the injuries to the OL, he had to play 3 positions last week, and he'll be playing RG again to start the game. They don't want him there, and neither does anyone else, but the injuries have made him the only option.

6. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I'd expect our CS (and Callahan in particular) to have a good feel for how much Vlad can handle. Some people can seem overwhelmed for a time when they have a boatload of info thrown at them - and then they have an 'aha ' moment and put it all together.

Maybe in the long run Vlad will benefit from the extensive work @ multiple positions.

Sent from Mount Olympus via the Mighty Zeus

7. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I'm not faulting Rex, but rather Mangini. Smith should have had his WR technique down by the end of his rookie season, and most certainly by the end of season #2. That he didn't is an indictment of Mangini and the WR coach at the time (to a lesser extent), but also Smith. Mangina not only should have let Smith focus on learning to be a WR, he should have insisted upon it. Maybe he didn't want Smith, either.

On Smith's part, evidently his heart isn't in learning to be a WR or maybe he's just lazy and doesn't want to work that hard. Maybe he's happy being a KR and wildcat QB, where at least he gets to do something resembling being a QB.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

cause im proud of my handywork

[​IMG]

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Well, if there are WRs in this league who were WRs in college and were drafted high, and they can't play WR in this league, then his transition wasn't going to be easy. I just don't think he had what it took.

10. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Banned

Honestly, this guy is garbage. He's still on the active roster due to the fact that we are incredibly thin on the line, and cutting him would admit that Rexy wasted a 2nd round pick.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^
    He's not garbage. He's a kid who's still learning the ropes. And he's holding his own thus far this evening.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

edit.. whoops.. wrong thread by accident

13. K14Howard

K14Howard Banned

Big Vlad will be alright.. He is still young and raw

14. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Vlad was drafted under Rex's watch...I'm confident that he will put a fire under his butt this season...if not, he'll be gone like the Ghost.

15. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Hey at least he still has his looks! :grin:

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He does well in the run game but he is a piece of shit in pass protection. Would it be too much of a tell if he was rotated out on pass plays?

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Filler up!

18. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Hell, if football doesn't work, he could always become a locksmith.

He could cut keys with his teeth...

19. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Your forum is here troll Patsfans.com . Go away!

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No its perfectly normal to cut second round picks in the preseason of their second year....