Call of Duty

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ezio713, Jul 15, 2011.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Theres not too many things to knock, unless you're refering to Treyarch games which tend to suck.

I can think of things that bug me (commando, one man army, quick scoping) but things to really knock on not too much.

I like both games, I think they both have aspects I enjoy and think they could improve upon, but to me my thoughts are I would enjoy to rent Battlefield and try it out might even rent it a few times but I wouldn't get no where near the gameplay out of it that I would with COD.

#21 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

This is undoubtedly true. It was the same for Halo2 - Halo3.

The popularity grew so much and it seems like there's so many kids 16 and under playing acting stupid. Occasionally you can get in with a good group.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

that sounds more like a knock on the players of MW, rather than the game. In that case, I agree %1000 that most of the people that play that game are inbred retards that should have been swallowed at birth.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't have a problem with MW. I'd just really like to see Activision suffer.

5. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

There is a reason why I refuse to play online unless one of my friends are online so we can actually try to win objective games.

Or we just play hardcore TDM because most of the idiots tend to stay away.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's also a problem with game design. There have been plenty of games that encouraged and basically require teamwork. MW:2 went out of it's way to encourage everyone to be as selfish as possible.

7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I wouldn't say that it encourages it, but it does (skill of player pending) give you the opportunity to take over a game if you are able to that's one of my favorite parts of the game.

Myself I play search and destroy, theres nothing like going 1v6 and taking out a whole team by yourself.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It definitely encourages selfish play. Search is a different animal because you aren't getting as many of the add cases because they cant be bothered with waiting for rounds to end after they die. Also the killstreak rewards aren't as a big a deal because it's usually not realistic to get any of the high ones in search.

In the core respawn modes the game is obviously catering to the retards, which is why it sells 20 million every time.

9. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

This, also the fact that everyone uses cold blooded in hardcore pretty much so most kill streaks are worthless.

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If MW2 had destructable terrain it'd be better.

Too many people camp an opening and surround themselves with claymores. The game is all about not dying and racking up killstreak rewards. People will bait their teammates to go out and then they'll justclean up after they die. Its not teamwork its nursing a KDR

11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I've never experienced this ^ before.

There again I dont really play anything other than Search & Destroy, to me S&D is the most pure form of skill in a FPS in my opinion. You can't afford to be careless and just run and gun or try to camp due to the clock.

If I'm not playing S&D I'm on free-for-all. This mode helps eliminate the abuse of killstreaks and camping in the fact that if you camp you typically won't be competitive (# of kills) enough to win, also you have to rely on your own skills not others covering for you or taking the fire so you can rack up.

Maybe that's why I don't see the flaws the way some of you do because I only play these game types.