A Pats fans breakdown of the Jets v. Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Aug 18, 2011.

1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

lol. this guy must watch too much ESPN too. i think the title on the left was 'jets a mess' or something to that extent.

it's funny hearing the national uproar over the jets offensive line. everyone thinks it's now terrible because they had a bad performance without 2 of their top 3 lineman.

i've never seen an exhibition game more evaluated then an NFL pre-season game. nba and mlb exhibition's are barely even talked about or shown highlights of. put on ESPN and they break down these games like they're playoff games. ESPN shows less highlights of a MLB regular season game then an NFL PS game.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brady hasn't had a good post season since 04 that's 6 seasons ago. He also lost a SB with the most prolific O in NFL history as a double digit favorite in that time.

Rodgers carried his team to 3 playoff wins and a Championship on the road. Right now he is clearly the better QB. This is all about what have you done for me lately and going 14 and 2 winning your division and going 1 and out with a Pedestrian performance doesn't make you the best QB in football.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brady hasn't had a good post season since 04 that's 6 seasons ago. He also lost a SB with the most prolific O in NFL history as a double digit favorite in that time.

Rodgers carried his team to 3 playoff wins and a Championship on the road. Right now he is clearly the better QB. This is all about what have you done for me lately and going 14 and 2 winning your division and going 1 and out with a Pedestrian performance doesn't make you the best QB in football.

The Steelers D was better than ours last year.

4. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I didn't see the post, as it was taken down. It was in a thread about Woodhead's possible concussion last night. Any time any player is possibly hurt, my thoughts go out to the player.

5. JetAddict

JetAddict New Member

he is a bit biased there. Jets Oline starters are def better. They have more rb deph possibly but ill take our starters over theirs. That is mostly what matters when it comes to RB.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he also led an 80 yd TD drive in the final minutes to give NE a lead late in the last SB before his D blew it.

Rodgers had a bad NFC Title game. he had great games the other 3 games.

The Steelers D overall was better than ours but we have the best corner in the league and we shut down Rodgers in the reg season and Manning, Brady & ben in postseason.

7. When the Jets look sharp in preseason, it means nothing and the Jets shouldn't take anything from it. This year, the Pats look good, and they are SB-bound.

8. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I posted the video that was it and its called 'trolling'

Cause everyone was commenting on it so I posted it

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have consulted the medical books, and this looks like the intermediate stages of a variant of an affliction first diagnosed in the late 1990s - America's Team Disorder.

Bandwagon fans build an internal mythos and support structure that filters negative possibilities from reality and replaces them with mantras of faith, sort of a minor religious fervor inter-meshed with the subject's occupational psyche. The subject will continue to unknowingly misinterpret recent team failures as a retrospectively recognized chain of events systematically contrived by their grand cleric, He Who Wears The Hood, and the start to believe that their happiness is protected as sacred, and that one-and-done exits from the playoffs are a sacrifice demanded by The Overlord Of Cheese And Macaroni, to conserve his power for the Grand Wicked Conjunction - ultimate Patriots domination, until the end of days.

These subject will fall more deeply into the affliction until they become a shell that is unable to pay close attention to the actual truth of the football world around them, and will devolve into a sub creature repeating a monotonous and somewhat coherent stream of words witnessed in many if not all diagnosed subjects to include the challenge: "oh yeah how many Super Bowls did your team win".

The only known treatment for this disorder is to remove the subject from the inhibiting environment, dress them in the garb of a current dynasty, and play the new dynasty's ESPN NFL Yearbook episode from the winning seasons of that team until their eyes become focused again and they are again responsive. Once they are on the road to recovery, you may begin teaching them the history of their new team, and teaching them that team's local geography so that they can claim they lived there for a year back in the early 1990's.

Research is still being done to learn more about this affliction and find alternative methods of treatment.

10. Calikid

Calikid New Member

It might be only me, however a video of a player possibly getting hurt isn't good form. When it comes to injuries and health, it shouldn't matter what board one is on. I never want to see a player get injured.

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Oh my god....:rofl:

Its not good form...its the internet

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We are all adults though, right? do we need to mock potentially serious injuries?

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

These evaluations will become very important when our O Line (etc) faces their O line face too face in a game.

#53 James Calvin, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

The OLine thing is funny. They probably have better backups.

The special teams thing is retarded. Yeah they have a better punter/kicker, but we have the best special teams coach. He doesn't even include the rest of the personnel on special teams with the Jets blocking scheme, gunners, etc.

Like it or not the Patriots are a better team, but against the Jets, alot of what makes them(pats) the better team is neutralized.

Better safety's my ass. Pool, Smith, Leonhard are better than Chung/Merriweather/whoever. Dbacks? Revis/Cro are better than their best corner who is Bodden in my opinion. McCourty is going to be a really good corner, but I don't think he is going to be great. Getting a ton of interceptions doesnt make you great. Plus to look at it realistically, McCourty got a bunch of his picks when a team was trailing the Pats late in the game, and chucking the ball down field into 6-7 people in coverage. McCourty a rookie, so I wont completely bash his coverage skills, because it's expected for him to give up alot of plays... but I do see him cover very well at times as well. He will get more consistent in coverage.

edit: somebody wrote welker is better than holmes. lol

#54 JfaulkNYJ, Aug 19, 2011
  15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

How is Bill better head to head than Rex if Rex has beaten Bills 3 times? this guy cant count or something?

I hope for his sake he knows that 2 comes before 3, not after. Go back to kindegarten you stupid fucking Patriots fans

16. abyzmul

Okay, we may be in trouble this season. Apparently last night Jerod Mayo became Lawrence Taylor mixed with Ray Lewis, both in their primes. Sprinkle a little bit of Captain America on that and dip it in essence of Gronkowski, and the rest of the league is doomed. Especially the sucky Jets and their below average QB.

17. abyzmul

Ha ha ha look soxxx said Bills when he means Patriots lololollercoaster n stuff.

18. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Its not a serious injury, could it have the potential? Yeah.

Would I mock him if he was seriously hurt? Of course not. No one wants to see someone else get seriously hurt. He got laid out on a clean hit.

19. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Thanks for posting rationally among all this knee jerk reaction to a post that wasn't even made on your board. I saw the Post over too. I didn't respond because I don't believe you can isolate positions and try to compare individual talent to determine how good or bad a team might be. I am a big believer that in football the "sum can be greater than the individual parts". Its what make the game so great.

That being said, these comparisons ARE fun exercises, and interesting for fans. So there is what I think

QBs: obviously NE
    RBs: even - fair, but I would note that the Pats had 200 yds on the ground last night in just 36 carries (including 3 kneel downs). Not bragging, just reporting. The Pats running game IS going to be better than last season.
    WRs: NE - I've made my opinion clear in other posts. I don't think much of Burress' chances of being an impact WR this season. I like Mason, but he is 37, and beyond Holmes and Mason, who do you have?
    TEs: NE - Its a big divide and growing. Hernandez is every bit as good a receiving TE as Keller, and Gronk could very well be the best all round TE in the league in the next year or two. Though I have to say Baker looked good in the preseason game.
    OL: You say the Jets, I think its a wash, among the starters, though I think the Pats clearly have more depth
    DL: You say NE. I'd say a wash, only because I want to see how it looks in real games. Right now you'd have to say so far so good....BUT..... Again the edge in depth goes to the Pats
    LBs: NYJ - that's fair....for now
    DBs: NYJ - clearly - though the Pats secondary will be better this season, it won't be as good as the Jets

STs K & P: NE Exactly
    STs coverage and returns: NYJ - Exactly again

Its fair to argue that the Jets may have more starting talent than the Pats. I might somewhat disagree, but its a reasonable opinion. However to opine that the Jets have more DEPTH. Well that's just delusional. Depth is the potential Achilles Heel for the Jets. There is no question the Pats have more depth.

The last 2 seasons give you every right to make this statement and I just have to grin and bear it. :wink:

20. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

We have a wonderful wideout by the name Jeremy Kerley at the 4 spot for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T96UG9xfmS8

Fifth spot is up for grabs but we have Patrick Turner who is also 6' 5" who like Plax causes matchup issues. We have plenty of young wideouts to replace Mason in the future.

#60 MikeDevito, Aug 19, 2011