17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The cockamamie "Military Discount" last year was the thing that made me want to vomit. It was supposed to be for the benefit of our men and women in uniform who give so much for this country. So they roll it out and make the password "Military," and every asshole mentions it all over the 'net and the scapers move in and gobble up all the decent seats.

So then, when some legit serviceman goes to get himself a pair of tickets so he can go to a game with his girlfriend before he deploys back to Afghanistan, the jerkoffs have scooped up the decent seats on him. There was supposed to be some kind of checking of miltary ID at the gates, but of course, it never happened and I suspect the Jets never even had that Security check in place or even intended to do a check at all. Why should they? They're selling tickets and that's all that counts!

Sometimes I really have trouble separating the Ticket Office from the entire Jets organization when they lie to the public that way. Don't fucking tell me you are "honoring our men and women in uniform" and using their patriotism as a fucking banner to move your worthless POS Upper Deck seats. If you really wanted to help them out, you'd GIVE those worthless fuckers away to them... go to Ft. Dix and Camp Drum and fucking give them away on post to the post commander for him to disseminate. Don't freakiing lie to us that it's a Military Discount and then open it up to every asshole wjho is going to shit on the serviceman by buying the tickets out from under him.

Jesus that pisses me off.

2. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Thanks; I'm not here to start arguments I can assure everyone that. I've read this board much longer than my join date, just never had a reason to post here. I can assure you I'm a Jets fan and not Bob from the middle of South Dakota selling tickets:jets:

3. Section 227. Row 5

That's good, because if you were that guy Bob from the middle of South Dakota, we'd beat the shit out of you on the spot. Since you're not, you're good to go around these parts.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

were you able to land any tickets, with the code, d??

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

REMINDER

EXCLUSIVE conference call with Rex Ryan today at 1 PM

6. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Yes, thanks! I got two for the Patriots. Oddly enough, I was able to get two Dolphins tickets two weeks ago for less than face value on Stubhub...the season hadn't even started yet and one seller sold each upper for $77! I was planning on getting Dolphins when they went on sale via Ticketmaster but lucked out and got those then! Thanks!

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

glad I could help with the code

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Most people realize that the Jets have a LOT of unsold upper deck season tickets. The best available locations are held back for potential full ST customers. Those best seats are released as each game approaches. What's available now are the seats they know they can't sell full season

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Does anybody else on here use the preseason games as a way to keep those family members that you don't take to regular season games happy?

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I used to bring my daughter and wife, but a pre season game is the best way to sway someone from loving football. It worked and now nobody wants to go so I am FORCED to go with friends. Such a shame.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Preseasons are good for bringing the young grandkids. They stuff themselves with junk food, get bored after the 1st quarter and get cranky and bitchy as hell by the half because they need a nap.

So you go to the parking lot and you've lost nothing. The only guys remaining on the field will be bagging groceries at ShopRite a month from now anyway. If you DVD the thing before you leave the house, you can settle down with a beer later on and study the player possibilities without all the distractions.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I used them to give away to clients, when I had a good AE job and actually had clients.... The Jets/ Giants game, when its our home game, was always good for that. More demand and appreciation. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that the company I was with would reimburse me for the full ticket price. That was nice with 6 seats to give away.

These days, it seems the gig is up, and everyone around here is on to the fact that these preseason games are horrible. I think a lot has to do with the over saturation of the NFL on TV, sooo many game nights, etc. and not just the way coaches use players in these games.

When I can't sell them, I go, but am finding the low excitement level of these games detracts from the energy and anticipation of opening day. It seems better NOT to go, which makes the first real game that much more exciting and anticipated.

But, if I had grandkids, it is the perfect scenario (unless it rains) because it's not cold, there are less people, so it's less hassle than usual. hell, the escalators might be fine Sunday as they obviously were engineered and designed for a crowd of 37,000, not 82,000.

#12312 LogeSection2RowJ, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

My neighbor just bought 2u season tix from the jets. Upper deck prime row 2 no preseason free parking.$2000 i spent more for 2the seats in the $95 section preseason and parking.

14. Section 227. Row 5

They worked fine for the Eagles Concert too, becasue the stadium was only 1/4 full. Then I went to the Ravens opener and I'm like, WTF happened with these escalators? They even had to block off the turnarounds, sending traffic out into the middle concourses to cut through lines to get back around to the other side of the escalator again. It was a fucking Chinese Firedrill.

15. Section 227. Row 5

And the butt-fucking continues. "Even a 6-year old knows you don't treat new customers better than old ones." These people have no shame.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I got to enjoy that too.

Have to say, it was one of the most frustrating maddening experiences I've had as a sports fan - not just a Jets fan. Knowing they were awarded a Super Bowl ruined my faith in humanity even more. Believe me - living nearby, I'd never believe I'd hear myself say i was pissed about getting a Super Bowl here. But for these clowns to get one tossed to them like a good doggie getting a bone from the NFL for constructing this stadium, was and still is a disgrace. Now it's even gotten them a naming rights deal.

Then I visited Dallas later in the year and saw what an impressive stadium can look like, and my freakin' head exploded.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, that must have been mind-blowing. You appreciate what a good stadium design is when you see something else.

Escalators and men's rooms aside, I am still baffled to this day as to why they chose to flatten out this stadium so badly. The basic design, right from the start (and you wouldn't have to be an engineer to see it immediately) is how piss-poor ALL the views are because of the pancake effect.

It's one thing to have a couple of mistakes like the men's room and escalator turnarounds and quite another to totally fuck up the major design of the stands.

People can bitch all they want about the red and blue decor of Giants Stadium, but that was one hell of a nice football stadium from a fans' view and perspective. And I never felt like I was in Giants Stadium and any Sunday... and I am talking over 35 years. Not once did I sit there and say "Christ, I'll never be able to enjoy this game because I've got all this red and blue around." Ridiculous, the arguments I've heard about that.

And here we are, 40 years later, and we're still sharing a stadium with those pussies. And the media, some of them, STILL refer to it as "Giants Stadium," so we're no better off today in that department than we ever were back then. Everyone I talk to.. EVERYONE (escept for some on this board)... but everyone I talk to all say the same thing.. "There wasn't a God-Damned thing wrong with Giants Stadium."

18. GordonGecko

Here's the updated chart with tomorrow's game (day ahead price). Sorry I missed the prices from a week out, will make sure that doesn't happen for the other games:

[​IMG]

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

wow

400 plus bucks for the Dallas game and those are the cheapest 5 listings.

Definitely the seats to be the owner of

20. GordonGecko

but.... if you look at the average for those lower sideline, the average for all 10 games is only $232. Take off the 15% fee and you're looking at $197. That's still above the face value of $145, but you have to buy a $10K or $15K PSL