So are we a better team this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bigcotch, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I remember the 45-3 game, but as you so eloquently put it that one didn't really count right? Oh wait of course it did because that's all pats fans have to hang their hat on when attempting to put Jets fans in their place.

Brady is capable of going off against anyone at anytime, I did he is the best did I not? That doesn't change the fact that the jets are capable of shutting him down and know they can do it. There might be a handful of other teams in the league who will go into a game against the pats knowing first hand that they can stop Brady.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Holmes is the better reciever. I don't think that's even a question.

3. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I'll simply repeat my original thoughts on the matter:

4. Professor Frink

Well, it's not exactly the ONLY thing we have, with the 10 years of success and all, but I don't see any Pats fans trying to put Jets fans "in their place." All I see is a bunch of people coming here and respectfully talking football.

When you think about it, the Jets have had more playoff success the last two years and have beaten the Patriots 4 out of the last 6 games, including the most recent and most important game. Given your team's recent success, I don't understand why you feel the need to be so hostile.

5. ukilledkenny

Because its fun. And you edited out the part of my post where I gave the Pats credit.

And your 45-3 game is the only thing pats fans have to hang their hat on when discussing the period of time relevant to the two teams as currently constructed.

#265 ukilledkenny, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Oh yeah cause you guys think he's 4 million dollars when he's a rotational player at best. You pats fan are so excited you got him. Did you watch the Jets D-Line yesterday? I'd take a 6'5 340lb Rookie over a basically washed up already was at his prime rotational defensive end. Loved him when he was with the Jets, would've liked to keep him but he's not worth what the Pats paid.

7. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I don't care if they shouldn't be compared. Holmes is better lol

8. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I was simply joking about the fact that, after something like 7 pages worth of posts, the conversation ended up with a comment that was almost identical to the comment that started the argument:

"But what will stop us (jets) from dominating your (pats) O-line, like last time"

which lead to replies "Well it was Ellis who dominated our O-line last time, and now we (pats) have him"

which lead to a bunch of other things... and then back to the original comment... you get my point

I didn't even bring up Ellis the first time around, I just joined into that conversation.

Perhaps I am the only one who paid attention through the whole thing to notice. Or maybe I am the only one who found humor in it. I just found it kind of amusing.

9. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Ok. Brady is better than Revis though, so we are still ahead.

10. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Well thats two different positions...

11. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I don't care if its two different postitions. Brady is better lol

12. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

But Rex could eat Bill so we win.

13. Professor Frink

Like I said earlier, whatever floats your boat. If it makes you happy I'm not here to judge :up:

14. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Whatever floats our boat...

Hmmm do you recall the events of January 16th, 2011? Reports say Tom Brady was raped 5 times.

15. ukilledkenny

Yet you keep attempting to do so.

16. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Mike, take it easy. The Jets just gave $3MM to a guy who hasn't played in 2 year and still can't get on the field. But then again Plex, with his size should excel at catching 5 yd passes, which seems to be the maximum distance Sanchez can throw. :wink:

BTW- your DL DID look good, though Wilkerson seemed to be invisible. But the bottom line is, the more I think about it, NONE of it means dick, especially THIS year. Its hard to judge ANYTHING, positive or negative, given the lack of an off season, and the fact teams only really had a week to prepare and about 5-7 padded practices

I don't think you will have any real indication of where your team is at until the 3rd preseason game. By then teams will have had 3 weeks of preparation, 20 odd padded practices (thank you pussy CBA), and starter playing starters for more than a few plays

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Alright if the 5 yard passes your refering to yesterdays game was because they had 2 starters playing on the O-line on sanchez's 2nd and final drive and wanted him to get out of there alive.

As for Plax, everyones said it, you can't coach 6' 5". He's got 2 inches on every CB in the league all he need to do is know how to catch a football. Holmes will be the one with the WOW plays.

18. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Most CBs can do a lot better than a 30.5" vertical though (e.g. Burress has a 6" height advantage over McCourty, but Devin makes up 5.5" back in his jumping ability... of course arm length also matters...)

Bottom line is, I think it is safe to say that you are oversimplifying things when you say
    Personally, I think you are expecting a lot if you think that Sanchez can consistently fit a ball into a window where a 2" height advantage will make the difference. Don't be surprised if Burress takes some time before he is hauling in TDs left and right again.

19. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Burress may not get back into the swing of things till week 6 or so......that being a reason we have derrick Mason as well....him and sanchez looked like they had played with each other before. He'll still be decent (not asking him to be a star) once he gets into things again.

Also though, was Mccourtey one of those being dragged into the endzone by Edwards?

20. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I'd say much sooner than that. I'd give him around week three. Assuming he plays next week.