Brady Still Having Nightmares

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Gotta love this:

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/31344621

For those who think that Tom Brady has shaken off the effects of the playoff loss to the Jets last season, Brady is here to tell you that the defeat continues to haunt his dreams.

“The Jets, I’ll never get over that loss,” Brady told WEEI in Boston (via sportsradiointerviews.com). “That’s as painful of a loss as I think we’ve ever had here as a team. They can rush the passer. They’re a good team. They pressure the quarterback. That’s what we have to be prepared for with them. And they always try to find a way to confuse the quarterback, whether that’s by pass rush, whether that’s by coverage and often times both. We gave them a lot of credit when they won and I think we have to learn from that and understand what it takes to beat good teams under tough conditions. That’s what we have to try and accomplish this year.”

Yes, but if Jets coach Rex Ryan had his way, his squad wouldn’t be the only ones beating the Patriots.* In fact, he went on a mini-rant about it recently: “I think we have to find somebody out there to beat New England besides us, and I think that would help. Anybody out there that wants to sign up for it? Are you good enough as a team to beat the New England Patriots. Forget about us, are you good enough to go out and beat the New England Patriots? I’m challenging the league."

*This assumes Ryan isn’t attacked by his starting quarterback first.

So, you can see why Brady hates to lose to a guy like Ryan, somebody who’s got tons of bravado but also can back it up from time to time (as back-to-back AFC title game appearances will attest).

#1 Altoona, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

:rofl:Gets me every time.

4. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I was glad to see a transcript of the interview, especially as Brady was very flat and seemed almost uninterested in the game. Seeing him in the tunnel before the game I felt we were in trouble by his body language. I'm glad the fire appears to still be there. That said, the Jets played very well and RR had a great game plan.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You got insult out of that? Creative reading. He just said the Bengals run a very different style of offense.

The Pats play a very different offense with different terminology than most every other team. No numbers, no one set rout. When they line up, the receiver and QB need to be on the same page because the rout is predicated on what the defense shows. Their are 2 or 3 routs run out of the set depending on the defense.

6. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Brady was very flat during the game, and he didn't seem to have any fire until the last few minutes (I'll still never understand how he and Belichick were so content to methodically move downfield and let the clock tick trailing by 2 scores.)

I think he (and several of his teammates) got complacent, and they paid for it.

7. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

He should be having nightmares; we'll give him a few more this year. But don't forget, Brady is easily shaken. He couldn't sleep for a week after Serge, his hairdresser, messed up his frosted tips.

8. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

That was the author, not the OP. Not sure, based on what you wrote, if you realized that.

But I thought the same thing. That's just someone getting their hate on and deciding to interpret things in their own way. All that Brady really stated is that the guy's been with one team, in predominantly one system, for his entire career.

9. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

The quote from the blogger digressed into the assimilation of Chad Johnson into the Patriot's team culture and had nothing to do with the quotes I was highlighting which had to do with Brady's continued anguish over losing to the Jets in the playoffs last year. I've since edited out the Johnson portion of the blog. Sorry for any confusion.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Oh well I thought someone mushroom stamped him.......

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Meet Wilkerson, Brady

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

"Tom Brady? Fuck him"

-Mike Westhoff

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I would think this is more painful.

[​IMG]

14. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

^^^

Can't speak for all Pats fans (or players of course), but in terms of painful losses over the past 10 years or so:

1. Giants Super Bowl. Obviously. Worsened by losing out on a perfect season, but would have hurt anyway.

2. 2006 AFC Championship Game. Patriots had a huge halftime lead and blew it in the second half. If they had beaten Indy on the road, they had the Rex Grossman-quarterbacked Bears lined up in the Super Bowl. Which would have been title #4 and four out of six.

3. Vs the Jets last year.

4. Vs the Ravens the year before.

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Still like the Pace one on the SI cover

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

[​IMG]

17. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Thanks, it says I may not post attachments, dont know why

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this has been my wallpaper for a while

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I can imagine how he feels. This picture is still giving me nightmares.

[​IMG]

20. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member