vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

most unathletic? what a stupid statement

like someone else said, his footwork sucks and he doesn't understand everything yet mentally. this guy went to a second division school and has played like 4 years of football his entire life. he's a project and we all knew that.

i wonder though...remember on hard knocks when Rex was like, i'm paraphrasing here btw, "He's big as shit, but he's not too bright". I'm pretty sure he was talkin about vlad

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Easy assumptions to make but we have all heard NFL players speak. He could have been talking about 30 other guys in camp.

3. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

preseason or not, how much more do we need to see before we realize he just sucks? he did this last preseason too.

4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

proj·ect 
     [n. proj-ekt, -ikt; v. pruh-jekt]
    noun
    something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
    a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
    Education . a supplementary, long-term educational assignment necessitating personal initiative, undertaken by an individual student or a group of students.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Project or not this guy looked useless yesterday. He might be the dumbest mother fucker on the planet.

6. 624

624 Banned

Turnstyle

No results found for turnstyle:
    Did you mean turnstile?

# turn stile

# Turn Style
    # turn-stile

# turnstiles

# turnsole

# turnstone

# Enstyle

# Instyle

# turn stiles

# turn-stiles

# turn sole

# turn-sole

# Nurstle

# turnstile's

# turnstiles'

7. Some of us have turn style, and some don't. It's that simple.

8. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Here's the problem. You control second round draft picks for only four years; that's just not enough time for them to be multi-year projects. Maybe you can get by with having them on the bench for 1 year but it's a real problem if the player can't contribute in year 2, especially if it's not even clear the guy can be on your active roster (I wouldn't have him as my backup tackle, that's for sure).

9. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I think this guy is a danger to the health of our QB's. They better not wait to see if Sanchez gets a concussion before deciding this guy is a bust! It is just too much risk putting him out there with first or second string qb's

10. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

To all the Vlad defenders...
    TO ALL THE VLAD DEFENDERS!

Specially you NDMICK...
    Way to have our back IATA
    Anybody can be a bust!

In all seriousness, by this time, the guy should be able to hold his own against rookies, and second stringers, but he was just mauled last night. Does he have a CHANCE to develop into a starter in 3 years, I suppose, but I think he'd lucky if he finishes out his rookie contract before being cut. I know he's raw, I know he's switched positions, but the guy hasn't shown anything to date.

I have a feeling his defenders probably said the same thing about Schlegal and Gholston up until the minute they were cut. I don't really care what people think. If you think he's going to be a stud in 2 years, that's great. But at this point, there is really no reason to be optimistic other than just blind optimism.

11. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Sorry you dont understand what I wrote

12. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Rob Turner - broken leg (per manish @ thejetsstream)...shit

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There are darksiders just as their are blind, overoptimistic homers.

Often the truth lies in the middle. But not always.

Again, it may be too soon to say with certainty that Ducasse is a bust. But we have seen enough to think it more likely than not he ends up being one.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

people freaking out over someone with minimal experience at a D-1AA school and the actual sport itself.

who has been asked to switch positions like 3 times now. with no offseason . who was considered a project already.

are these the same people declaring wilson a bust?

either way the only way Ducasse gets better is by actually playing at this point. if he cleans up his pass pro and plays without hesitation he will be a great asset.

i understand how alarming it is to see someone give a free release on a pass play though so its no suprise at the reactions here.

I'm reserving judgement till year 3.

just as I will for Wilson , and just like its time for Sanchez to step up his game.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Good McDucasse, Vlad.

16. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I'm sure everyone appreciates the analysis, but it's completly skewed. Say a RT plays 75 plays in one game. He dominates every aspect of his position for 73 plays, but shits the bed on 2 of them. That guy is going to let up 32 sacks a season, and would be the worst offensive lineman in football history.

If this was baseball, and you looked at a young player who hit the ball hard on 6 out of 10 at bats but was only batting .200 I could see the optimism. This is football though. On the OL you can't have 2 meltdowns in about a 10 minute span, getting two QB's lit up.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong, but I'll tell you what, I really don't want to see Mark taking snaps with Vlad on the field. He's going to get someone hurt.

17. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

You have to be fucking kidding me. We officially have no depth on our line now.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

oh well...better pack up the wagons and cancel the season then.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i think we should bring in Jumbo Elliott to run double TE with Keller

bring on the lombardi

20. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

That's exactly what I meant- good post.

Turner is a good player. It is alarming that he's going to be out a few months and we just found out that Vlad can't hold Adrian Clarkes Jock.

Maybe you don't care about depth on the OL, but it's extremely important. Turner backed up 3 spots on the line- very well. The chances of us going a full season without missing a snap from one of our lineman is slim.

We need more depth on the OL. Tanny will sign someone in the next 8 hours I'm guessing.