vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

whatever...

2. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Gholston never showed any ability in a game, ever. Not against third stringers in preseason, not ever. Ducasse has shown brief flashes last preseason and even tonight (we saw him de-cleat some poor shithead trying to blitz in the 1st quarter). He can play, just keep him away from the Tackle position for now, let him practice and work and get better.

That being said, if Turner is out for an extended period, I want me some Stinchcomb.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I definitely agree that he should catch a bit of a break this season. The lack of a true off-season hurt him more than anyone on our roster.

I was just disagreeing with what Mambo said. There's no way he'd be worth a second rounder as a situation run blocking tight end.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Then that probably means it isnt broken and leans toward ligament or tendon damage, sprain or combo......

5. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Ducasse will never make it in this league...he just doesn't have it.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Ducasse is a french name.

Turnstile translates to Tourniquet.

Vlad "Le Tourniquet" Ducasse.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No argument here, although that's not a bad spot for him to fall into this season.

8. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Wow, watching Vald tonight was like watching a horror movie. The kid has a long way to go, I know it must be worring Rex and Cally the way he played tonight. Yet, I'm in the camp that say's we have to give this kid a full offseason with the CS before we call him a bust. Like other have said, he has shown flashes , so there is hope that he can develop. We all knew this kid was going to be a project from the time we drafted him. The lock out really slowed his development and it shows, but as I said above, there is still hope..

One thing for sure the Jets need to start looking for a few good Vet o-linemen either thru a trade or a low round draft pick to fill in as a stop gap thru the rest of the year. We could also luck out with a late preseason cut by another team as well....

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If that was true he wouldn't have knocked the shit out of his assignment on Greene's longest run.

If he was a Gholston he'd have whiffed on the block.

Give him one more year. We're frustrated because he's a 2nd round pick and he almost got our franchise QB killed. We'll calm down about it when he's not out there during the season other than being the 6th OL on big runs.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No! He's garbage! I want someone who produces now! And I need to be burped.

11. 624

624 Banned

Why is every bust another Gholston? Gholston was drafted 6th overall and was nothing. While a late 2nd round pick is still valuable, it is nothing compared to the 6th pick.

If you are going to compare him to a bust (which is too early) why not call him a Clemens or Justin Miller?

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Lets nick name him D'Bust The Second.

It worked for Ferguson.

13. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Hahaha. Nice

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Because that fucker is still seared into my head.

Clemens does work a lot better.

I have a feeling that Gholston's name will be around for the next 10 years.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You don't draft an OL in the 2nd round that gets a (very generous ) B in run blocking and an F in pass blocking in his second year against 2nd stringers.

All the "but he's raw and physically gifted" bullshit is getting on my nerves. Lets face it, Ducasse pick went useless. He is horrendous at pass protection. No matter how great you become at run blocking, you can not be anywhere near becoming a starter in the league if ur pass blocking skills are graded as an F- against 2nd stringers.

U keep him on the bench for four years, and when he's ready to play a little football, all of a sudden, he's a FA. Either that, or he'll be commanding much more money than $800k.

Im not saying we should've drafted a stud with the 61st overall pick, but when people insist on him being raw and try to defend the pick, its a little overboard.

Yeah, he didn't have an off season and he was a little rusty today, but why should he get the benefit of the doubt? The entire league is rusty. Almost half the people that walked past Ducasse today for a sack were rusty and probably undrafted FAs. Ducasse is in his second year. using the offseason as an excuse makes no sense when he had the playbook, and was coached by one of the best OL coach in the football for an entire season.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Why is that? Was he IRd the entire last season? Did he not have a full year of coaching? Are the rookies in a better position than him?

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

neither the rookies or 2nd year players are in a good position because they both have not had a real NFL offseason yet.

You learn how to train and prepare in your 2nd offseason. They didn't have that.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Actually, the lack of progress from Ducasse is troubling.

I don't know about you guys, but to me, top picks are supposed to be day 1 contributors; they don't have to start, but they MUST contribute. Like Ellis and Mo this year, who sure will play a lot of downs even in their rookie years.

Ducasse basically freeloaded in his rookie year with the excuse of raw but with high potential. I am willing to give him one more year to freeload, but if he cannot become the starter the franchise envisioned him to be by next season, then he must go.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see him being the 6th OL late in the season. Same role Turner had. He'll get real game snaps to continue growing his mental game.

20. 624

624 Banned

It's different for the OL and QBs to contribute right away, because they aren't rotational positions. They rely on cohesion and chemistry.