So are we a better team this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bigcotch, Aug 9, 2011.

1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

not sure I agree with that list... I am sure others will elaborate.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

your breakdown was this.

the Jets have good players. the Pats players are better though.

3. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Not true and not an accurate comparison. When the Jet's signed Holmes originally, his character was in question but not his on the field ability/performance. Haynesworth, OTOH, has been a lazy, under performer on and off the field since landing his big contract. In fact, one could fairly argue that he is among the lowest character guys in the NFL. If Fat Albert works out and makes the team, it'll be a big plus for the Pats. If he does not, he'll be cut this Summer without costing the team anything too significant in the way of dollars. As of today, 8/15/11, Alberto has not practiced with the team in 11 days. Not too promising in my eyes....

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What I remember most at the end of last season was him getting dragged into the end zone by Braylon Edwards.

5. Professor Frink

Your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired. I believe my breakdown was this.

Now if you're interested in actually discussing any of the points I made, and actually furthering the discussion that would be great. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you're posting in this thread.

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Because he's a Jets fan and it's a thread about the Jets on a Jets board. What the fuck are you doing posting in it?

7. Professor Frink

You're entitled to your opinion, I personally disagree with Ward, Maclin, Lloyd, and Manningham being better than either of them. But the point of the discussion is to compare Holmes vs Welker, not how they stack up against other WRs in the league.

8. Professor Frink

*shrug* The Jets are an interesting team and I like talking about them. I'll admit, I'm hopelessly addicted to football. I should probably get some other hobbies.

9. ukilledkenny

I comprehended the small portion of what I read just fine. I'm posting in this thread because I enjoy shitting in pats fans cornflakes. Enjoy your bowl.

10. Professor Frink

Right. So I'm here to talk football, you're here to troll. Hey man, whatever floats your boat, but you're gonna have to do a lot better than that to get under my skin.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brady had perhaps the greatest scoring O in NFL history going into that SB and it was shut down. I believe you would be hard pressed to find more than 1 favorite of that magnitude that every lost a SB.

Sanchez has never had a top 10 NFL O and he clearly has performed better in the clutch playoffs than in the regular season. If Sanchez got the Jets to the SB with perhaps the greatest scoring O in NFL history I would have no problem calling him a choking dog if he had the kind of performance Brady had in the big game.

12. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Your probably right. In any case, I'm not in any hurry to sign him, and they way you describe him, I'll bet neither is BB

13. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Well Johnny you just put one of my buttons. I think Samuel is the most over rated, over paid players in the NFL. He's a VERY good zone CB. He is definitely one of the top 5 "ball hawks" in the league. OTOH he is one of the WORST tackling CBs in the league....Deon-like. He is useless in press coverage; He is pretty one dimensional IMHO, he;ll give you 5-10 picks on a regular basis, but little else. For as many times as he gets his picks, There will be twice as many times when he guesses wrong and the Eagles pay the price. Unfortunately ESPN shows the picks, not the misses.

That being said, the situation the Eagles have with Aso, and RCromartie, is perfect for Samuel and their DC. They can have the 2 new CBs playing tight press coverage and have Samuel free lancing in the secondary. Its a prefect situation for him to maximize his skills

I think you are stretching it here. It COULD be argued that McCourty had a better rookie season than Revis had in 2008. Now what happens now, is a question mark. We don't know if McCourty will take his game to the next level like Revis did the last 2 years. Also Revis plays almost entirely press coverage, McCourty plays in a D that is primarily zone. So any comparison between the 2 is harder to make

BOTTOM LINE the only thing Cromartie has over McCourty, is his height. BTW, aren't you the least bit worried that now that Cromartie has been "paid". You might not get the same intensity from him as he had last season.

14. gopats88

gopats88 Member

If you want to say that a guy "choked" after he loses by three points IN THE SUPERBOWL THAT HE CARRIED HIS TEAM TO, then go ahead, but at least fill the rest of your post with accurate information... your Sanchez/Welker playoff comparison proved nothing once the numbers behind that comparison were actually posted... and once again, how can you say that Brady "recently missed the playoffs"?

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When did Welker win a SB MVP for a game winning TD?

16. bibigon

bibigon Member

I think there have been two 14 point favorites to lose a Super Bowl only, yeah. The 2007 Patriots are one, and the 2001 Rams are the other.

17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

So you reply to a comment about how consistent Holmes has been compared to Welker with "How about you compare their playoff numbers", and then respond to the fact that their playoff numbers are similar with "well Holmes has a MVP, game winning TD".

okaaaaay... but one game (nevermind one game-winning touchdown) says nothing at all about how consistent he is. The post you originally argued conceded that Holmes is a better receiver.

18. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

#259 MadBacker Prime, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  20. ukilledkenny

6 years on this board, definitely the first guy to call me a troll. Keep whining though, it really drives home the point that I'm not getting to you at all.