Who to watch this preseason ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is just off the top of my head, a flight of ideas............

TBH I could give a shit about the first team other than Sanchez. I just want to see Sanchez throw crisp passes. The game plan is going to be so vanilla and generic that if we see anything good in the 1st quarter it will be over and above any expectations.

No Mangold and Moore so the 1st team OL is going to be 40% back-ups. So what can you expect to see? I suppose I want to see Hunter continue from where he left off last year. Ducasse is another one I will keep my eye on as I am sure he will be a starter and maybe play into the 2nd or 3rd with the 2nd stringers.

I want to see Kerley. I am more interested in how he is going to replace Smith. I want to see how he handles kick offs and punt returns more so than he WR duties. I never expect much from a 1st year WR so anything they can get out of him will be gravy in my eyes.

Other than that the other players I want to see are Cumberland, McKnight (not the Geiger dopelganger), Payne, Turner, Kroul among others.

On defense, I am really looking to see how Wilson has improved after the offseason, where from all reports, he worked his tail off. I am not expecting to see much from Wilkerson because he is only going to be out there for a 1/4.

The other player I am looking forward to see more than pretty much everyone else other than Kerley, is K. Ellis. I think he is going to play more than 1/4 so it would be nice to see him be disruptive. Considering he is going to be up against 2nd teamers I hope he destroys some plays.

As far as special teams goes, the Jets have lost quite few stand out performers. I would like to see how their replacements look. It's Westhoff so I am not too worried. Hopefully the unit will be on par with what we have come to expect.

#41 Miamipuck, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I could care less about starters during the pre-season.

In no particular order:

1. Joe McKnight
    2. Jeremy Kerley
    3. Emanuel Cook
    4. Nick Bellore
    5. Kenrick Ellis

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It's not glamorous, but I'm also looking forward to seeing our new look special teams.. pretty much across the board, the coverage units, the punter, Kerley returning.. even Folk to see if he has it together.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Cook is a guy I want to see as well.

If he's improved like the Jets have hoped, he'll do well in the Digs role.

He can hit too.

I realized I never made a list:

I hope Robby Felix gets to play. He was a PS guy and he's gotta make the team if he wants to take turner's spot after his 1 year deal is up.

McKnight, Kerley, Mason, Logan Payne, Powell, the fucking Terminator blowing people up, Ducasse shouldn't look completely lost anymore. From what I've read, Ducasse's non-mastery of the playbook is what is keeping him from being a productive OLmen. Give him one more year.

On defense, its about seeing Pace move now that he's healthy. Josh Mauga taking the next step from core STer to a reliable LB. Bellore should do well late in the game. Westerman should get pressures and beat his guy a couple of times. Wilkerson and Ellis need to show that they can move. Ellis is still raw, I expect him to get beat. Wilkerson should look as advertised. Can Martin Tevaseau continue improving to keep the NT position 3 deep? Wilson should look smooth and cool out there. He's got a lot of confidence coming out of camp.

I'm interested in seeing how Lowery plays safety. Marquice Cole is going to be my study of the game. I want to see this kid do as well or better than last season. If so, this team is going to be 5 deep at CB. That's a luxury no NFL team has. Rex loves corners - this is the best set of corners I've ever seen the Jets have. Forget 68.

#44 NDmick, Aug 14, 2011
  5. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Jeremy Kerley, Joe McKnight, Kyle Wilson, Jamaal Westerman, and Michael Campbell

6. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Really want to watch Vlad. Question for any that might know - does Vlad step in for Moore Monday night, since Turner is a lock to start in place of Mangold. Be interested to see how he plays at both guard and tackle during the game.

I want to see Westerman and McIntyre get after the QB.

Our depth at D-line ... Ellis, Dixon, Ropati, Tevaseu & Gilbert.

In the end just excited we get some actual Jets football to discuss.

7. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Strickland, Wilson, Ducasse, Kroul, Mauga, Satele, Wilkerson, Eilis, McElroy, both McKnights

Leonhard, Moore and Burress. I know they'll have limited snaps but I want to see how thye've recovered from injury/surgery and how Plax is finding his feet after being way

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

For me its just the defensive line play. looking for them to dominate.

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Same thing, except a couple added guys from the DL

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Plax is out Monday.

11. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

Ellis, Kerley, Wilkerson, Wilson, Powell, McKnight, McElroy, Mason

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

In no particular order:

-McElroy
    -Kenrick Ellis
    -MWilky Man(no?)
    -Pitoitua
    -Bellore
    -McKnight (both)
    -Kerley
    -Powell
    -McIntyre

#52 CatoTheElder, Aug 14, 2011
  13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

......nah....

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm just gonna call Wilkerson: Mo

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I think there are gonna be a lot of logan payne fans after tomorrow. He should probably see some action with the first and second team if not the third team as well. Runs nice routes and has nice hands. He must have improved a lot of last year to not have stuck out before.

My other guys are the usual suspects everyone has listed.

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Rex wants to unleash Westerman, I'm ready to watch that unfold.

17. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

i'm looking forward to nobody getting injured

18. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Thanks buddy I was aware of that but want to see how he does through the offseason before play goes full live

19. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

anyone know if the game is gonna be replayed on sny or anywhere later tomorrow?

20. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

i hope Mcwhite gets a few big catches. Haven't heard anything much about him so far