17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Pretty impressive, Gordon. Those UD Prime numbers are looking pretty healthy, reseason losers not withstanding. But that is to be expected and it's been that way forever.

It surprises me that the Giants game is stronger than the Pats game. That's got to be because local Giants fans will be bidding it up and after all, it IS the last game of the season (for them, I mean... heh-heh). It's also interesting that UD Primes almost compare to Mezz EZ and other PSL seats in some cases. That's got to be a PITA for someone who "invested" in the PSL and is paying higher ticket prices than UD Prime and is now realizing that he can't get much more than the guy who didn't have to shell out all that money.

Thanks for doing this... we'll see how it plays out.

2. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I read Gordon's data and it is generally consistent with the data that I saw from last year. Generally, Mezz A and LLEZ seats sell for about the same amount - Mezz B a little less.

Your comment about Upper Prime v. PSL seats is accurate, but a little unfair b/c Upper Prime seats were not an available option for many/most PSL buyers. Primarily, they went (especially the lower rows) to longtime STH's with lots of seniority.

In real terms, many of us had the option of Mezz A, LLEZ, and USL (high rows) or UEZ. I'll gladly take my LLEZ seats (or Mezz A) over crappy seats in the high upper deck.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I got my tickets and the one hat. The hat is real nice, the nicest one they have sent. Should be one hat for every seat since they did not give us the magnet with the schedule. ' CANT WAIT"

4. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Does your hat have the Toyota logo on the side of it?

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Got my tickets and hat today. No corporate sponsor on upper deck hats.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Just got my email that the package will be coming my way. I ordered 3 extra hats.

7. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

It looked like there's some sort of presale coming up on the 18th but that was since taken off today...

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wow, a hat in a box, Season tix and PPass n a white envelope.

Talk about scaling it back. Not even a fukin ticket holder.

Yeah, yeah, it's a business.
    Well he can fuk himself if it's just a business to him.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GORDON nice job posting that ticket info :up:

As far as I am concerned---I did not renew my tickets (GAVE EM UP :wink: ) . Received some message board taunts from SG3 and a few others for going on a Disney Vacation with the family with the money I saved on Jet tix and for no longer being a season ticket holder. I posted that I would let a few of you guys know how it felt to no longer own the seats once football rolled around,,, and here it is rolling around soooooooooooo

last year I spent $4200 on season tix and after the first preseason game was forced to buy another parking pass = total of $475. grand total last year was $4675 on just tickets and parking.

This year I bought 5 games ( flirting with another but I might be away ). 5 games cost me a total of $1973--plus 5 parking passes (x $ 35 ) = $175 for a grand total of $2148.

4675 minus 2148 = $2527 I saved on tickets this year!

I am in no way taking a shot at anyone who still has season tickets and goes to games, whether they sit in the upper bowl or have a PSL ,all I am saying is it does NOT suck to no longer have tickets in my name and speaking for myself " I am quite happy I never considered purchasing a PSL"

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

As I recall, the magnetic schedule comes with the Yearbook...separately from the ticket package.

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Last year it came in the box.

12. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

Whenever it comes, it will be placed in it's normal position on the fridge.....the same way they have been for what seems like forever.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Terrific post, CBG. Interesting numbers indeed. There's a lot to be said for Cherry-Picking, PSL or no PSL.

I am looking at PreSeason pricing on StubHub because I don't plan on going to any Preseason games, really. The pricing sickens me. I saw tickets for $6.00. Six fucking dollars! And who is kidding who. People will buy the $6 ticket and move down to Prime 1st Row in the Uppers or better yet, in the 2nd half, when Security is jerking themselves off in the men's room, they'll avail themselves of any fucking PSL seat in the house they care to park their little asses in.

So right off the git-go, the PreSeasons are a fucking loser. And you suffer through the two Preseasons that you paid full price for and Parking and all and then you read your above post and go, "Tell you what dude... this fucking guy has a good point."

We're all Woody's lackies. We lick his fucking boots and he urinates on us... some more than others.

14. RMorin

RMorin Member

Obviously it'll never happen because of the $$, but there was an interesting article on ESPN.com a few weeks ago talking about how to better the preseason for everyone. The article suggested that teams play their preseason games in secondary markets at college stadiums in order to build up fan support in other areas.

Examples I could think of would be the Patriots playing at Rentschler field in Hartford (Home of UConn FB), Seahawks playing at University of Oregon Stadium, Chargers playing at the Collesium, etc.

Under that model, even preseason games can be an event that people actually want to attend, because people that would not normally have the opportunity to catch a game would. Season ticket holders could then have a right of first refusal, but not an obligation to purchase. I know it is a pipe dream but it seams a way that would eat into pockets of the owners less, while actually throwing the fans a bone in not being obligated to buy preseason games. In then end if teams are smart they can build up their presence in other media markets and it can be a win-win for all involved.

I can dream right?:rolleyes:

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 I feel for you brother and everyone else that paid for the preseason tix-it's a joke that they ask us to pay full dollar when the product on the field is so watered down in these games. When I was looking to buy tickets this year I took into account that in years past---> last year alone I had 4 seats that was over $900 ( $ 840 on tix and $75 on parking ) I spent on just preseason games! I will see you at one of these games--probably game # 2 and as I said the beverage is my get 227 :up:

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

This year I was considering donating my Jets vs Eagles tickets to charity. I figured the tax write off is greater than what I can sell my tickets for. That and I hate to eat them or sell them for literally $5 when underprivileged kids can use them.

I got lucky though and found an Eagles fan that took my 3 tickets and parking pass off my hands for a fraction of what I paid but still wanted to go. I haven't missed a regular season game in almost 12 years but selling preseason tickets to other teams fans doesn't bother me since it's well preseason.

In the old stadium it was great being a season ticket holder. Not because of pricing but because I enjoyed having the same people around me each week and after 19 seasons we were like a family almost. A few of us got our seats near each other still in the new stadium but it's not the same. Either way for me it's different than most of you. I'm single, no wife, no kids, no g/f and my dad and sister take my other 2 tickets so I'm on the hook for one ticket ($950 in corner end zone) but I guess if I had to pay for all 3 of my seats I'd feel a bit differently about the preseason. For now I just look at it as a convenience fee plus I don't miss a game ever.

17. Section 227. Row 5

This is an EXCELLENT idea. Yes, we can all dream that they would adopt such a concept, but I'm afraid current owners (Woody perhaps more than others) are looking at the easy way... the lackies are already paying full price for Preseasons, parking included even, so why do we want to water that down? There's no need to "throw them a bone." The stupid bastards area already paying us in droves.

I'm afraid it's come to the almighty dollar ruling everything, and there is no such thing as throwing anyone a bone, ever... at any time. The ONLY thing that will change this now is if enough people have the balls to pull a CBG.

When people say, "ENOUGH!" and start to walk, and then their cockamamie polls indicate that fans are just fed up with getting proked over and over again, only THEN will they change policy.

With me, the mere threat of walking worked. But I was serious with them... told them in no uncertain terms that I was giving up all 8 seats unless I got a significant upgrade... the seats I was supposed to get back in '09 when the cockamamie phones cals and lies began. To my utter amazement, it worked. And then called me back within minutes offering me UD Prime. I nearly fell off my chair.

But that is unfotunately the only thing that works with them now... a serious threat to (or actually doing) a walk-away. Until then, it's going to be business as usual.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The NYJs use to play there pre season games at so called "neutral" sites many years ago & the attendance was pitiful. I remember them playing in NC once & I think there were more players then tix buyers for that game :grin:

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A couple of things - first of all we can't blame Woody for the preseason debacle. It's far more than "throwin' a bone" it's 10% of their season't ticket revenue whether we like it or not. The entire league does it, and in other cities the games are more popular. Here in NY we just know better. It's a "non-event". When I was a kid, the preseason games were the only games my dad could take me to. I went to preseason Jets games at Yankee Stadium. I was a kid, and it was the first NFL football I saw live. I loved it. Jets/Raiders 1976. Nowadays, even the kids are over-saturated with NFL coverage, games televised almost every night of the week, etc etc, that at least here in NY we all know how worthless these preseason games are. Woody, and the other owners tried to reduce the # of preseason games, giving their account holders one more meaningful game amongst those they're paying for, but the players union wouldn't go for it. Meanwhile, current coaches have realized the risks involved in playing starters, so the only preseason games worth watching are the second and third ones. Had the players Union gone for the expanded schedule, we'd get only one preseason game at home, and it'd be a game we might actually care to see. Oh well.

As far as playing preseason games in other locations, that's been done before. I recall seeing Jets preseason games in Carolina before the Panthers were in the NFL. The Jets have played in other places too. Obviously they won't trade 80,000 tickets sold at NY prices to sell 40,000 at a lower ticket price in say, Hartford or even Piscataway although a Jets Eagles game there might sell-out... Still, why pay rent when they have their "own" stadium? The only thing possible is that perhaps the preseason would be a slightly lower ticket price, but they will never go back to that, and I can't say I blame them. I just wish they could either get to the 18 game season, or just eliminate one of the two preseason games. That ain't happening either. Obviously based on how coaches use players in these games there are enough mini camps and year-round activities that 4 games are too many. They could have just two and ad scrimmages at Cortland. Remember them? We used to "scrimmage" against Washington every summer. I think their last one was against the Giants yeas ago and featured a brawl.

Now, regarding threatening to leave entirely - you are 100% right about that. I essentially did what you did, letting them know on invoice day May 1st how disappointed I was with year one in the new stadium, and that I really couldn't justify buying six seats in an upper deck end zone that was built too high up, with no rain shelter either in the seats or in the concourse. Wouldn't you know it...

I got moved too. Now, I'm down from six seats to just three seats which changes thing a lot for my group, but they're in 342. Row 2. Some friends will be disappointed but I ought to enjoy the games more. We'll see. 227 - Your experience have me the Cojones to try to pull it off, and I did. Thank you!

20. Section 227. Row 5

Good for you, man. I'm glad you got moved. But I didn't give you the Cojones, you already had them.

It's unfortunately the only thing that works. Otherwise, you'll be sitting in 342, Row 16, (where I was) for the rest of your life. The whole ticket thing was a major scam, hoax and lie. They kept many, many lower row Uppers open while calling guys who had been loyal for 30 years and telling them the best seats they had were Row 16, Section 342.

Unbelievable. I'm still pissed about how that all went down. It actually changed the way my wife looks at the Jets Organization now. She's even pissed that I paid for the other 3 hats. "They weren't free, after all that? They're only giving us one hat for 4 seats? How much did we have to pay for the other 3 hats? What's up with that?" I don't fucking blame her.