*** New Members Please Read/Introduce Yourself ***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. felker

felker Active Member

Hi -

AFL and Patriots fan since the early days of Babe Parelli etc. Not particularly a Jets fan but rooted for the Jets in Superbowl III because I wanted the AFL to win. I hate the old NFL teams especially the Giants because I grew up in New England where some of my relatives were Giants fans because they were the closest pro team before the Patriots. Hate the Steelers too because I have a brother living in Pissburg and his wife is a fat obnoxious Squeelers fan.

Interested in Jets information because of the rivalry that is taking hold. It's always more interesting when there is a good intra division rival that you meet a couple of times a year.

2. MaximusPrime

MaximusPrime New Member

Hey GangGreen! My name is Max and I live in Central Jersey. I've been a Jets fan since I was able to watch and understand the game of football, so about 18 years or so (I'll be 23 in September). I've lurked around this board for a long time, but I figured it was time for me to finally register and join in on the fun!

Glad to see a great resource for fellow Jets fans. My friends are all Eagles/Patriots fans, so you can imagine how difficult it would be to talk football with them!

Glad to be here, and hope to get more involved soon!

:jets:

3. Awells12

Awells12 New Member

Hey Gang Green, my name is Andrew and I Live in Southern California, my mom and her family are from Staten Island and LA doesn't have a team hence my love for the JETS! I've been reading the forum for about a year and am excited to start participating, Go Jets!

4. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

Hey guys, My names James. I live in Staten Island and I'm turning 23 this year. I've been a die hard Jet fan for as long as I can remember. Joined the forum about a week ago and love the way its been going.

Lets hope for a great season. Looking forward to celebrating what we've all been waiting for. J!E!T!S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

5. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

Hey all, I'm Will. Moved from Verona, NJ down to DC a few years back. Been watching every Jets game down at Dogwood Inn in Falls Church, VA for a couple of years. I miss going I haven't missed a beat.

Went to the National Sports Card Convention last year and traded a Jordan auto for a Sanchez auto/rookie. Simply because I'd rather have a Jet.

Vinny's ruptured Achilles killed all the hope I had in 1999 and I still find it hilarious that they used Tupa as QB that game. Man that was a rough year. It wound up with helping set up a Ray Lucas Day in my hometown's Lutheran church. What does that mean exactly? Nothing really--but I have a Ray Lucas Day t-shirt that I wear proudly.

Stoked as hell about this season, looking forward to most of what this board offers.

6. AZ-JetsFan

AZ-JetsFan New Member

Long time Jets fan, just recently found this site and I love it. Been a Jets fan for about 17 years growing up in Jersey my dad would take me to a few games every season and I fell in love with the game. My whole family are big Jets/Giants fans so it's always a good time. Living out in AZ now but that hasn't changed a thing. I miss going to the Meadowlands and watching the games, maybe one day I'll be back. GO JETS!

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Wow posted last year...........should be in Martin#28 I was wrong thread.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Welcome new guys. Look forward to reading your opinions.

9. maxbc89

maxbc89 New Member

I've been a lifelong Jets, Orioles and Notre Dame fan. I'm from South Bend (that covers ND), but my dad received two jerseys as a young kid - 1) A Brooks Robinson jersey (my middle name is Brooks because of that) 2) a Joe Namath jersey. Because of that, my dad, myself and my older brother have been Jets faithful since I can remember. We had our first trip to a Jets homegame last fall for the Texans game where we came back. It was by far the best sporting experience of my life, glad to be apart of Jets Nation

10. scottyhop

scottyhop New Member

hey great to be here! season ticket holder since 1983 (well back then they were my grandfather's) and have been a fan since birth! looking forward to this season!

11. UninTY_128

UninTY_128 New Member

Hi All!

I'm fairly new to the board. 1st year STH - Section 128

I'm also a fairly "new" fan......only about 5 years now.

I never got into football before that. Probably because my whole family are Giants fans.....and something always felt WRONG about that.

Now I've found my place! Looking forward to the season! :jets:

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm a Jets fan for 46 years and now live in New England. I'm pretty pissed off most of the time.

13. colleen74

colleen74 Member

There are many of us here that can commiserate with this. ...the New England part anyway, you have been a fan longer than I have been alive, so I can't speak to that part.

14. grumpynyjetsfaninME

i see you are from maine.. what part? im from the dirty lew. lewiston.

15. jwmann2

jwmann2 New Member

John from Cincinnati, here. New to the board, I own a mobile notary business. Bengals fan, but love all things NFL. Not here to bash the Jets, just here for the discussion. Glad the NFL is back!

16. tcw722

tcw722 Member

Trevor from NJ....everyone I know are very insecure Giants fans so seeing them bitch & moan as the Jets surpass them is very satisfying.

17. PoorWalt

PoorWalt New Member

I've been a lurker for a little over a year now, but look forward to chiming in now and then... Will be tough to keep up with you guys, but I appreciate a lot of the info found out here. Keep up the good work!

18. DerbyCityJetsFan

DerbyCityJetsFan New Member

Hey, good to be here. I do have one quick question. I grew up in Ohio. Was a Bengals fan for 30 years. But I've had enough. Had friends in NYC growing up. Loved the town when I've visited. Never pulled for a NY team, either. But I respect Ryan, love the rabid fan base and think the team's committed to winning. So, is it OK to join Jets Nation?

19. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Hey fellow Jets fans, my name is Will. I've been a Jets fan for fifteen years, and I'm looking forward to talking all things Jets on Gang Green.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no it is not. you have not suffered but you just like so many others will come and fuck up the long time fans celebrations and then move on to the next hot thing.

but other than that welcome to tgg.