2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It sounds as if he truly wanted to learn, and was willing to put in the work, but the environment and circumstances that were provided to him were not conducive to learning. That is truly unfortunate.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Matt Roth to Jax for 1 year, $3 mil according to Schefter. With that price tag, it's no wonder we didn't go after him. Jax really had a nice offseason.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What? That's actually a pretty cheap deal.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Jets just cut S DaJuan Morgan, LB Stafford Gatling, and DT Carlton Powell.

BRING BACK DIGS, TANNY!

5. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

If we signed Roth, we couldn't see Westerman beast.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

the best possible situation would be for him to breakout on james harrison shit, double digits sacks please

7. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Great point. C'mon, do it !!!!

8. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Ravens got Lee Evans. Steelers got Cotchery. Seems like other teams are tryna make moves to get better...even if slightly. I still think we stayed about the same. Somehow,I got ridiculed for saying that. I like our team, but I still think we only made lateral moves this offseason. I think we owe it to ourselves to make one more move. It makes me wonder how we plan on getting over the hump. Einstein's definition of insanity may apply here.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You're assuming Sanchez doesn't improve. If he developes into a consistently productive QB this team will be better on offense by a lot. I expect Sanchez to improve on last year's performance.

10. Franchize

I'm not assuming Sanchez doesn't improve at all. I just think that argument that people have been using as a rebuttal is a bit flawed. Sure,Sanchez can and should improve. So should Flacco! Big Ben is a veteran but he's still young. He could get better also. We aren't the only team with coaches and training camps. Saying we'll get over the hump because we'll get better is a moot point. Lots of teams improve. I think the Ravens will improve. I think the Chiefs will improve. I think the Pats will improve. What have we done to give us an edge over the other elite teams in the AFC? Nothing. We've made moves to be in the mix. However, I can't honestly say we've done anything to transcend the team we were last year, unless these rookies come in and make significant impacts right away.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

experts man

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Even Pavlov's dog knew the big splash in FA agency wasnt going to happen this year.

Fans needed to realize the same.

13. Franchize

You don't have to sign the biggest name to go and make your team better. There were and still are guys that could improve us that aren't household names.

14. ........

........ Trolls

Do tell. Give me names.

15. Franchize

Darren Sharper n Deon Grant come to mind immediately. Wouldn't mind signing TJ to the minimum for insurance. I havent looked recently. I know Roth just got signed and so did Smith. I liked both of those guys.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Oh, so you want to sign a bunch of old ass safeties? That will definitely make us better and improve us in the long run.

Jimmy Leonhard, Brodney Pool, and Eric Smith are all very capable safeties...especially in Ryan's scheme.

TJ as in Thomas Jones?

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. ...just stop polluting this board with your garbage. If you don't like the moves we've made, too bad. You clearly don't understand how this game works, so the other posters on this board shouldn't give a damn what you think about our off-season.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Roth isn't an elite pass rusher. If we think we can address the position in the draft, we already have an all around OLB in Thomas for one more season.

No thanks on Sharper and Grant. The team is clearly trying to stay young at the position, and Grant was used heavily as a hybrid LB/S last season. We obviously value Smith in that regard.

18. ........

........ Trolls

^^ I think he meant TJ as in Housh, who has absolutely nothing left.

19. Franchize

I'm polluting the board yet you thought TJ meant Thomas Jones. Fake ass internet thug. You get bullied in real life so you come online to try and shut ppl down. Fact of the matter is you contribute nothing to any post. I asked a question and it has yet to be answered. I feel we made lateral moves, not improvements. That's a very valid opinion. You can disagree but it doesnt make it stupid. IgnatiousReilly replied and disagreed but he actually explained why. You didn't because you don't know shit abut football. This isn't a fan site for you. It's a populaity contest that you THINK you are winning. Once again,arguments on the internet are like fights on the short bus. Even if you win,you're still fucking retarded. Stupid is saying Thomas Jones is a free agent we should sign. How about addressing my posts with something football related. All you do is say "clearly" and name call. Only thing clear is that you don't know football and you have imaginary friends that you think you're impressing with your lame ass jokes. Debate football dude. Man up! I have no problems with you disagreeing with me. Make it football related though. Fuck outta here with the "you clearly don't know football" line for every post. Show me one post that shows YOU do. So go ahead. You and that other dude go and reply how my grammar or spelling is wrong. That's the only thing you offer to this board. Spell Check

#3579 Franchize, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  20. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Plus there is really no need to sink money into a 4th WR on a team that doesn't even run a lot of 3 wide sets.

He would be insurance for the insurance brought in for Plaxico...