2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No idea who he is but the Jets apparently signed the guy in this tweet.

ACromartie Antonio Cromartie
    “@Cordarol: I'm now officially a jet!! Signed with them today!! Thank you to my lord and savior!!!” congrats bro

Receiver

Cordarol Scales ()

2. ........

........ Trolls

LOL. I know him (or knew him). I did volunteer work with him while he was at Grant HS in Van Nuys. Some major programs (Alabama, Nebraska) were recruiting him, but he had a 480 combined SAT score and grades to match. We couldn't get him ready, so he went to a JC and transferred from there to Fort Hays State. He's a really good kid, but school definitely wasn't his thing.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^^ It's Cordarol Scales out of Fort Hays State

He's more of an H-Back than a receiver. He's about 6'4 220 and a lot of teams looked at him as a fullback.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's cool that you know. I'd like to small-school prospects make it in the NFL.

I'm not surprised that he didn't do well on the SAT. Grant has a really bad reputation in football recruiting. A lot of their kids don't qualify academically.

5. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Hysterical.

6. ........

........ Trolls

I'm really not sure why he'd be pegged as a FB. I don't think he's ever played the position. That seems to just be something that Draft Scout cooked up. He was a receiver, not an H-Back, in high school, but he also wasn't that big. Just tall. He seems to have put on some weight, which could have led to the slight position change. He's sure as hell not a fullback, though.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, their counselors were shit. They didn't give a shit about the kids until they were juniors or seniors. By that time, most of them were in hopeless shape. Still, he was one of the only ones from that school that REALLY tried to push once he realized what was on the line.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I've been paying a little attention to FHS's offense since OJ Murdock ended up there after he was kicked out of Carolina. (I checked their stats after every week)

A watched a few of Murdock's highlights on CSS a while back and they mentioned Scales a few times. They used him all over the place - tight end, receiver, and on specials. I didn't see him play any fullback though.

I noticed that FHS throws a ton of screens to their backs and their wideouts. Scales used as a key blocker on a lot of those plays.

I don't know why, but a lot of these versatile, heavier wideouts get looks at fullback for some reason. Tulsa's Charles Clay and Kent State's Jameson Konz are two prospects I can think of off the top of my head.

#3548 Mr Electric, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A combined 480? Holy shit that kid is dumb lol

10. ........

........ Trolls

Weird. The H-back makes sense, but the idea of him as a FB just seemed so bizarre to me. He's not built right. I'm curious if we'll get a chance to see him play. Haven't really watched him since high school.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I agree.

This dude's probably just a camp body. ...a big, kinda fast, crash dummy for our special teamers to destroy.

Since we're so thin at tight end, I've been watching that position. The Jets have already cut the big TE that they signed (Collin Franklin). ...and Josh Baker, the workout warrior from the NW Missouri State, is still around (for now).

#3551 Mr Electric, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  12. Don

She is calling him a FB

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Noticed that, too. Checking with the team. RT @Loud_Davey: @JennyVrentas nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profil… says he's a FB

13. colleen74

colleen74 Member

You obviously know less than nothing about testing and our education system.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Scales said on Twitter that he signed to played WR. I think he knows what's up.

Fear no man, trust no bitch. Women don't belong in the sports world.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Ugh. I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the number. I'm not saying every kid who fails is the product of the school, but he put forth consistent effort in every single thing that was asked of him once he had some accountability. Worked his butt off in school and with his test scores. It just wasn't enough to overcome the rest. That school was absolutely dreadful.

16. mesheler

mesheler Member

Blah blah blah ZzZzZzZzZzZzZZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...just admit that you can't comprehend any of that. Actually, you don't have to do that. It's fairly obvious.

18. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

You start with a 400. You have to be more or less illiterate and not know basic arithmetic to score a 480.

19. ........

........ Trolls

There's a difference between ignorance and idiocy. He really wasn't incapable, he was unmotivated. School had never been made a priority for most of those kids. Once he learned what was at stake, he was a very quick learner. And the formatting of the questions is such that a lot of students from certain backgrounds struggle with the language utilized, particularly in those same subpar schools.

20. Don

Interesting, no wonder Cromartie was giving him a shout.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Newest #Jets WR @Cordarol Scales from Fort Hays State must be in great shape. Why? Because he trained w/ @ACromartie in LA this summer #nyj