Madden 2012 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Anyone else playing the demo today?

I for one an impressed with some of the changes they made. Post your thoughts on this year's demo here:

- New kicking meter and new kicking angle to make it feel more lifelike.

- tons of new tackling animations, catching animations, movement animations

- No suction tackling

- New defensive formations/plays

- New pre-game presentation

Overall, I like what I see. It could be a sign of things to come that they are finally going to overhaul the franchise and move away from what they have had for the last few years. I still would like to see the online franchise get the overhaul, which they failed to do this year. That's my most used feature, so that definitely was a disappointment to hear. Luckily they teamed up with myleaguemanager, so we will see what the deal with that is.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

havent played it yet but from what you said aside from new kicking it sounds like the improvements they made on NCAA.

which is a good thing cause this NCAA is best by far IMO

one thing I miss was QB Vision

that weeded out people who would just rely on WR ratings

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Thanks for reminding me this came out today.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I loved qb vision. It brought much more skill to the game. I wish they still kept that option at least.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Visually it looks much better. On the field I'm not sure yet. The one game I played so far wasn't a great first impression but it wasn't bad either.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

While I like the changes, I'm still not gonna buy it this year. Too little in the grand scheme. I would kill for a franchise revamp or a less terrible superstar mode.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I went from losing 13-0 to the Bears and quitting in frustration to starting a new game and crushing the Bears to the tune of 48-2 (the safety because I tried a hail mary at the end of the game). BTW, it's ridiculous how Greg Jennings catches everything in this game. I mean, he's good and has some ridiculous catches but in the 2nd game he had 195 receiving yards on 3 catches. Also, the pass rush seems to be much improved.

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Did you actually look up what's new in this game or did you just assume that they left Franchise mode in the gutter that it's been in since they started making Madden for Next-Gen consoles? Franchise mode is a big focal point of this version. I should know, I love franchise mode.

Taken from the Madden website:

#8 Vorrecht, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  9. IATA

IATA Trolls

they added existing features in NCAA to madden. meh.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Franchise mode has been completely overhauled

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

sounds like they just moved exiting ncaa dynasty features over. i'll rent it.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

like what most of the stuff they have doesnt even apply to NCAA.

theres actually somewhat of an RPG element to the game this year in Dynasty

theres TONS of roles that players earn (positive and negative) i cant even remember but theres ALOT of them you either earn or lose and have to assign positive roles or choose between which ones you want affecting you and your teammates ratings. and the negative ones tack on until you prove otherwise i guess

also players have a consistency rating. someone like Vick could be overall 90 one week and overall 78 the next. meanwhile Brady,Manning, Rodgers. you know what to expect lol Sanchez will be tricky to play with till u raise that. theres also a confidence rating to supplement that hot/cold dynamic heading into games week to week.

you can finally trade future draft picks

you can have a 75 man roster in preseason and cut your way down

the WHOLE scouting system has been revamped. a few players you can get the heads up on if your invest alot of your time in the combine but even then you dont get a full breakdown from what ive read

rookies ratings get revealed slowly through preseason and regular season. same with other fringe players.

they also finally streamlined the FA period. to make it go faster also. bidding is introduced and teams appear more aggressive. also from the little clip ive seen you have to move on your feet an decide cuz i think theres a 1 min window on each player once they recieve a bid from you or the cpu. at least thats what it looked like to me.

and they improved the presentation.

FROM THE DEMO

I only played a little bit and im assuming this demo was rushed. the games better but from what i can tell, and i havent played much so i could be dead wrong.

but the mechanic and physics engine improvements seem to be more drastic on NCAA

then again i read and article a while ago with the same sentiments on IGN. but the reviewer also said hes partial to NCAA and the build for the Madden demo is old to his knowledge.

im assuming thats the same one released to the public he just got a hold of it first.

either way ive already got my first draft class from NCAA ready. i will be buying this simply cause of the overhaul on Franchise.

online play bothers me due to a DEFINITE even minute when at its best, LAG

since 99 or 00 ive played both titles DYNASTY/FRANCHISE religiously.

this yr both games appeared to have finally done the next gen some justice.

#12 Coach K, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol ok one thing i just noticed that fucking SUCKS about this demo. i really hope theres an option to change it

the defensive audibles. when you want to change your coverage between man/cover 2/ cover 3/ or change to a blitz

in ncaa all you have to do is hit one of your sticks and it changes automatically same with disguising blitzes or making it look like your blitzing

in madden you have to highlight each option and choose. that is fuckin retarded, doesnt save time and also is a dead give away if your playing a friend.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

oh that's fucking stupid

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol the worst part is, i think this was the situation last yr if i remember correct.

same with offensive audibles PA Pass, short pass, long pass and run

NCAA streamlined to keep people guessing and maddens "HEY LOOK WHAT IM DOING AND TAKING SO LONG BEFORE THE SNAP TO DO IT"

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

yeah it's kinda shitty...the demo's pretty good tho...the problem is you don't really find the flaws untl you've played it for a lil while. I still think I'm gonna buy this shit tho

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

They tried to implement a new system last year and everyone hated it. After week 1, they made it an option to use the old system. Now they're trying to implement another new system. You'd think EA Sports would have heard of the phrase "if it ain't broke..."

18. steves850

steves850 Active Member

If they don't "fix" it people will cry "It's the exact same game as last year!!" It's a lose/lose/make a billion a year situation.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

No one was crying about that part of the game. Hopefully the full version has the old system or else they will need to patch it back in for the second year in a row.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I got used to using the D-Pad for coverage audibles and shit...it's actually pretty efficient