Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Even Sanchez told Schotty his play calling sucked on hard knocks last year. Sure it was a joke but I doubt he was really joking.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I get the hate, because I've had mondays where I'm befuddled by the offensive gameplan. But it has to be taken week by week, with gameplan and execution taken into the equation. Some don't know how to take execution into the gameplan.

What really hurts Schotty with the fanbase is the 5 good plays in a row, and there is rhythm with the offense, and then its time for the double reverse. That's what gets everyone in a frenzy. The 08 denver game comes to mind.

He's a great coach, but on Sundays he's a slightly above average coordinator.

3. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Two plays alone that prove Schotty is an idiot.He ran a draw play in a tight goal line set when the D had help and he ran a play where he sent an offensive lineman in motion to be a wide receiver....End of Discussion lmaoooooooo

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Then go find an article about it.

There is plenty of info about what Moore and Schotty are doing. Seek knowledge.

That's the one thing I don't get with some fans. The info is out there. Look at it.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Troll or just really dumb.... I can't tell yet. Keep posting

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What are you talking about? I said if he doesn't use him then he is being stupid. What article? One that says he is using him now when it doesn't matter or do you have a crystal ball article that tells us what he will do in January, we would all like a link to that one.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So it doesn't matter if he's using him to prepare his team in camp, when teams set the tone for the season.

But he might also be here for no reason because schotty is ignoring his input.

That's what I got out of that post.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/31125465

use that. Its Clark Judge, who I have no use for, but at least it has tons of quotes by schotty which is what I was looking for.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Seems like everyone goes into a frenzy aout completely different things which makes it hard for me to take a lot of opinions seriously. We have people screaming that he is too aggressive and makes sanchez do to much and then we have people screaming that he is too conservative and handcuffs the offense. The only thing most of the people calling for his head seem to agree on is that they don't like him and he should be fired, even though they can't agree on why.

The one thing that truly pisses me off when watching the offense is when he goes to his cute shit at an inexplicable time. That is easy to see and completely dumbfounding. Whining about play calling is too subjective for me most of the time.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm thinking this might be the shit or get off the pot moment for Schotty. He has to show the FO something other than his credentials as Marty's son as there are more negatives to rate his tenure by (last year's AFCCG not withstanding) than successes and I'm not so sure Sanchez's development will be hindered if he has to buy into a new system. Shit happens to everybody at some point in their careers.

Outside of continuity's sake, if this offense shows the same Redzone inefficiency that has plagued this team in the past under Schotty, and the offense continues to bog down in critical situations, its gonna be really hard to make the case to bring him back one more time in 2012.

If it was time for a change with the WR's, there's no one left to change out if this offense doesn't gell except for the OC.

#2269 Cman68, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

2 AFC Title Games, 0 Super Bowl appearances. I prefer blaming Schotty to blaming Rex, other coaches, or the players.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Considering both sides didn't show up for a half in both games, blame both.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He hasn't cost a single game yet this season, so I will lay off on Schotty for now. (Yeah... I'm in a mood for joke lately... :lol: )

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

UKK. It's two things.

The cute factor.

And....

The utter lack of a short rhythmic passing game. With our running attack, yes, we command respect for 10+ yard pass plays.

He under utilizes the 3 step, deliver, get 7 aspect of the game.

My hope is, Moore will fix that.

They say football is a game of momentum, and that is true. But it is also true in the micro.

Catch a guy leaning the wrong way on a 3 step drop, and that 5 yard throw goes for 10+

Moore Can.

BS Cant.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

There has been a lot to be desired over the past 2 seasons w/Schotty. Some questionable calls, poor Red Zone execution and play calling stand out for me. However he has also done a good job and its hard to really complain about 2 trips to the AFCCG for a young OC w/a Rookie/Sophmore QB. This year they both have to improve significantly for the Jets to be successful.

15. VanderbiltJets

Only the offense can win games once the team's trailing. The biggest question marks in those games and for the Jets this season is offensive playcalling. As much as I love the Jets they've gotta start manufacturing points consistently and losing Brad Smith will only help force this team to adjust to win

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Wrong.

Wrong.

What the hell does that mean?

17. VanderbiltJets

Playoff games require dynamic offenses if the defense has let up in the first half, otherwise they can't close the gap. Defense will only keep the team in the game but won't create the win.

It all comes down to playcalling especially in the red zone.

That means a consistent offense set didn't show up in far too many games last season (1, 5, 8, 12, 13, 14) and without Brad Smith the Jets have to improve playcalling and put an offense on the field that doesn't need home run plays to score points.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Thank You.

I didn't know where to begin either.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No.

I'm sorry but its just not true.

Defenses can win games. See Lowery, Dwight - Vikings-Jets. Or Steelers-Jets, week 15.

Brad Smith is not a main focal point in the Jets offense or ST.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Whatever happened to ThunderbirdJet I miss that crusty old bastard.