2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

^^^^

Do you watch Jet games or just watch ESPN and listen to fans during the week?

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I watched every game last year.So please...come with some information to shoot down my argument.Not this "look at me I've been posting for years" shit you use to shut down new posters opinions.

BTW...Fans dont talk about Jet games where I live.I live in MD as of last year so my views are completely mine and unbiased.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's not worth it, saying Coleman sucks is a blind statement made by uneducated fans. I refuse to and will not waste my time.

Good Day Sir.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I love these "I watch the games!" posts.

Do you know how to watch the game? Are you watching the ball the whole game?

The "I've been posting for years" and the "I watch the games" statements are equally worthless.

Come at me with profound proof that Coleman did not have a good 2010 season to backup your claim.

And yes, as a Jets fan your view are going to be unbiased :rolleyes:. Holy shit, do you see the inconsistencies in your sentences?

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Clearly you didn't watch Coleman on the outside last year.

Clearly.

6. FatDarrell

FatDarrell New Member

It seems the new kicker we picked up in February, Nick Novak, is giving Folk a lot of competition. Manish has been tweeting about it and Novak has been more consistent. He hit a 61 yarder today at practice (I presume this was indoor, but impressive nonetheless).

7. Franchize

And what did you say that was so profound...exactly.You have a good day as well.The fact that you went on and on about Kerley's jersey number makes me laugh at you calling me an "uneducated fan".How about YOU go watch the games.Cornerbacks are out there to cover receivers.Getting tackles,FF and sacks are nice but don't compensate for you not doing your job.Thats like a PG getting rebounds but not being able to pass or shoot.

On to you NDmick.I said I saw all the games because I was asked if I watch the games by MadBacker prime :

#3507 Franchize, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I asked you if you know how to watch football.

Its the same with those who say "I know the rules of the game because I've played all my life" and then the official makes you look stupid on the field. Just because you see all the games doesn't mean you know what to look for.

And anyone who knows football will not hold onto stats like they are the end all, be all of a players' ability. Especially tackles, the most unofficial stat of them all.

Move on.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

1) We are not weak at safety. Safeties do not play as big of a role in our defense as do others. Leonhard and Pool are above avg/above avg to begin with. Pool came on very strong towards the end of the reg season after being called out by the coaches, and played great in the playoffs. Leonhard missed half the season due to injury.
    2) We were inconsistent because Sanchez couldn't complete more than 56% of his passes. He needs to up that number this year. It's one of the few things holding him back IMO.
    3) Agree and disagree. The pass rush was our biggest problem last year and I think we took appropriate steps to fix it. Rex admitted he only used 3 d-linemen last year, not a rotation causing them to be worn down as the season progressed. This year we'll have fresh legs in there with a 5-6 man rotation.
    4) Enough on Ellis. Did you even watch him last year? He was slower than a snail. He discovered the fountain of youth against the Pats, but otherwise was relatively unproductive. I love how you rip last years pass rush but want to retain Ellis, one of the reasons our pass rush was so non existent last year. There are plenty of defensive leaders on this team (Scott, Harris, Revis, Leonhard). Ellis was a great guy, one of my favorites, but I won't be losing sleep over him.
    5) I know I'm in the minority on this, but I like Schotty. I know I'm not gonna sit here and say anything to change your mind, but he called a lot of good games last year. It's not his fault Sanchez completed so few passes. He gets cute at times (the Pitt goal line stand he deserved to be bashed on), but its the nature of the job. Very few teams like their off/def coordinators, field goal kickers; in baseball its the closer role (except Yankee fans).

Now to your other arguments. You say we can't count on our new rookie d-linemen, but then go onto say that the Ravens lost Mason, but drafted Torrey Smith. He's a rookie, is he not? What is your reasoning to count on a rookie WR (arguably the toughest position to succeed at as a rookie)?

I'm not gonna lose sleep over Williams vs McGahee. A modest upgrade at best. Last I checked Ray Rice was still the RB there. The Pats didn't get CLEARLY better. They added some depth on the defensive line. Their defense was still ranked 25th last year. Haynesworth hasn't been productive in 2 years, I still don't see how any Patriot fan can expect him to come in and dominate right away. O, but he'll play for Belichick, but not for $100 million in Washington? Please.

Pitt killed us with their slot receivers because we couldn't get to the QB. When Cro and Revis are shutting down 1s and 2s, who else is gonna beat us when Big Ben has all time to throw? Its only natural.

I already gave you my stats on Coleman, and you proceeded to ignore them. Those were great stats for a #3 CB, so there is very little I can say to change your mind. Just about every other poster had praise for Coleman, but you don't. What does that tell you?

10. Franchize

I wasn't the one who brought in Stats.I said Eric Smith and Drew Coleman sucked yesterday and got bombarded with Drew Coleman's BS tackle Stats.I agree 100%...Stats don't mean everything;which is why I go by what I see. What I see is Coleman and Smith making bice hits but only after giving up completion after completion.I'd take a guy defending the pass well (a la Deion) over a guy who hits that can't cover (a la Roy Williams) any day.

You are jumping in an argument with half of the story and you think I'm replying to you.I clearly replied to MadBacker Prime.He asked me did I watch the games.THATS why I said I saw everyone.I was not tryna brag.Anyone with a TV or the net can do the same.Why would I do that?

So if you think ppl who bring up stats to end an argument don't really know football then your issue isn't with me because I wasn't the one who posted Drew's entire resume' like that has anything to do with the fact that his nickname is TOAST!

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

..."the fact that his nickname is toast".....

that's not a fact. That's your horrible opinion and writing skills once again polluting the board.

That's why I've jumped in. Because I know you're wrong.

12. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

By all accounts it seems as though Nick Novak should have the slight edge in the kicking battle. Once again out kicks Folk.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    #Jets Nick Novak goes 3-4 (miss 41); Nick Folk goes 2-4 (miss 33 and 45). #nyj

And this gem.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Impressive RT @nyjets: K Nick Novak just drilled a 61-yard field goal with room to spare. #nyj

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

This Novak kid was perfect 4/4 a couple of days too.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Novak has a career field goal percentage of just about 60. I don't care if he's making kicks in practice if he can't make them in a game.

There's a reason why he's a journeyman kicker.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah i just looked him up. hes been apart of 6+ teams.

16. Franchize

Shows me that you don't know that your main job as a CB is to cover.It also shows that once you argue with someone on this board who's been here for a while,people jump in like big brothers.

The fact that you think Coleman and Smith are good and Schotty says alot. I bet you think Pennington had a strong arm and Briam Thomas is a premier pass rusher too right? Convo Done

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Hopefully this means you'll stop posting.

18. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

you spelled bryan thomas wrong....spelling error, prepare to get destroyed.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

When is the first cut?

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I'll see you at applebees.