Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

sanchez has been mediocre at best throughout the regular season. and people would like to instantly attribute this to Schotty.

fail.

that being said some of his situational playcalling can be infuriating at times.

but the system works, and I like it alot. Sanchez just has to step up. and i believe he will.

lack of continuity with targets has me worried a lil though. Need a HUGE year from Keller I believe.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Fail is this post ^. When schithead calls a two yard pass on 3rd and 9 and loses the down over and over again, it's time to hire a coach without manure for a cerebral cortex

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not a thing. I was riffing off of the thread title.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

that would be situational playcalling right?

reading is fundamental

[​IMG]

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Just read through the entire thread. The OP failed to stop the bashing.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Besides anyone being able to admit that he makes bad calls, which he does, you don't honestly think that a 3rd and 9 play call is designed to be a 3 yard pass right? The coordinator calls the play, the qb decides what to do with he ball. Sometimes a check down is the only smart throw, especially with a young qb or a qb that can only throw check downs.

9. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

It's stupid to claim that cutting Jerricho Cotchery--who was banged up, owed $4 million against the cap next season, and asked for his release--was a way for management to rebuke Schottenheimer.

10. GordonGecko

More than anything these type of situational play calls demonstrate his deep seeded lack of guts to go for it. He's not aggressive enough and tries to be too cute. He doesn't put enough faith in Sanchez but this isn't about Sanchez it's about Schittenheimer.

Before Sanchez's 300-pass game against the Lions in November 2010, there had not been a 300-pass game since 2006, and this includes Brett Farve (who had 7 such games the next season for the Vikings). This is on the OC, he's a pussy who can't call the big plays to save himself. The biggest thing holding Sanchez back isn't Sanchez, it's Brian "SHIT FOR BRAINS" Schottenheimer. HATE THIS GUY (can you tell? lol) and I can't wait until he's off the team

11. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

You complain that he's not aggressive enough, yet the play that he takes more shit for than any other was the 3rd and 17 sack at the end of the first half in Pittsburgh--when he was being incredibly aggressive.

Being the Jets offensive coordinator is a no win situation; the fans believe that everything that goes wrong is because of you, and everything that goes right is in spite of you.

I don't even think that Schottenheimer does a particularly good job, but a lot of the criticism against him really is brainless.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Teams that play D and run the ball usually lose when the pass for over 300 yards.

13. ukilledkenny

I can definitely tell you hate him, which makes your opinion worthless because it is based on emotion instead of actually thinking.

14. GordonGecko

Except I hate the guy because he fails to unleash the offensive powerhouse that the Jets should be. He makes some games very frustrating to watch. Felt the same way about Mangini holding down the team, so you can just imagine how happy I am with Rex in the house. He offsets the poor OC and then some

15. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Sorry, but this is just BS. There is an obvious reason why the O is slow starting. It is spelled "S-C-H-O-T-T-E-N-H-E-I-M-E-R". The better OCs (both in the NFL and College) call plays that help their QBs get off to a good start. They call easy passes to get them in a rhythm and build their confidence. Schotty never does that. He can call short easy plays like WR screens, dump offs to the RB, a short, quick out to the sideline or flat.

I totally disagree that our expectations have been unrealistic. We aren't criticizing Sanchez. We know he has been learning as he goes. The problem is that Schottenheimer has put increasing pressure on Sanchez and made his job harder with all his stupid crap and inconsistency. If you've forgotten, go back and read my posts from around 1/30 of this year.

In addition, I didn't point out all the formations that Schottenheimer uses, yet usually only runs one play out of each formation. That fools no one. It just sets the offense up for struggle and failure. It's better to have 3 formations and be able to run various pass and run plays out of those formations, than have 10-15 formations and only be able to run one or two plays out of each/most of them.

Schottenheimer isn't all bad, but that's not justification for his keeping his job. Even though his record doesn't suggest it, he may be decent at teaching QBs or his offense to players. Some of his plays are creative. In the most important aspects of his job, however, such as finding ways to utilize the strengths of his players, calling plays, designing game plans, managing the game and his players to build momentum and confidence, he is pretty awful.

16. ukilledkenny

Happy with Rex, hates the coach that he has chosen to keep employed despite witnessing how awful he is first hand for two years. When you guys get that one worked out in reality let me know.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Clearly this is the make or break year for Schotty, because he hasn't been extended in his contract.

So either he gets it together and this team has a top 10 offense, or he's going to be shown the door.

He's done an okay job. Its not been horrible, and it hasn't been great. That I think we can all agree on.

18. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Shotty deserves more blame for our offense than Sanchez.Mark,while shaky, showed what he can do with the 2 minute.Schotty sux. Look at our red zone efficiency. Look at the Pats game when Harris picked the ball off and nearly ran it back.We couldnt even score.Look at our last game and not just us getting stuffed.We constantly gave our D poor field position.We lost to the Ravens and Packers despite our D standing up because we don't move the rock! Schotty is the achilles heel of our team.I'd take Drew Coleman and Eric Smith over having him ANY DAY LMAO!

19. ukilledkenny

I think some of us can, seems that the majority can't see past their hate.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He has been given a ton of help with Tom Moore coming in, hopefully he isn't too egotistical or stupid not to use it.