2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Anyone know anything about this guy ?

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

His stats come off of rushing the QB untouched from his blindside.C'mon now.If you really watch the games you cannot seriously tell me this guy was any good.Not if you know anything about football.Brian Thomas led us in sacks but he stinks as well.Im mad this is even an argument.Losing Coleman might have been the best thing that happened all off season.Lowery and Wilson were better and I couldnt understand how he got on the field.He was absolutely atrocious in coverage.The extra stuff like the FF and sacks are nice but the main thing you need outta ya DB, coverage, he stunk at. Some DB's that get alotta tackles, do so because theyre getting thrown at alot and giving up completions.It's not like he's flying around and making plays.He gets tackles cuz his man is always catching the damn ball.We very rarely get torched by teams #1 or #2 receivers.It was always the no name guys.In other words,it was always Drew Coleman's man giving us fits.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Roto:
    Matt Roth is avaiable for 3 mil....on a one year deal I'd love for the Jets too get this kid. He'd be an excellent backup pass rusher on this defense.

4. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Co-signed! Sign Darren Sharper for a year too!

Kelvin Hayden wouldnt be bad either

#3444 Franchize, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I think the Jets are solid at safety but having Sharper as depth would be really nice, I haven't heard many teams interested in him, probably because of that injury still.

I could see him going to Dallas or the Vikes though

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I would love to get a Matt Roth for 1 year, and a Darren Sharper. Then use any remaining cap space, to restructure players $ to fill up the 2011 cap, so we have extra space in future years.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Source : http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nicholas-bellore?id=2495262#tabs:tab-overview

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Very good football player who nobody apparently thinks can play in the NFL. Tough as nails, leader, tackling machine. Not fast. Huge Motor. Probably the best LB in the MAC. Good ST prospect.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not sure why so many people think Matt Roth will help out the passrush. He is Cactus-esque in that department. I'd rather they give that roster spot to one of these UDFAs and see what they can contribute, allthewhile giving Westerman more reps.

10. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Anyone know about how much under the cap we are? Last I heard it's still enough to sign a major person right? Probably a OLB. I would've said safety too but with Jimmy and Smith/Pool starters and Cook for backup I think that's pretty safe.
    I wonder if we going to do some type of crazy trade before the season starts...

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

A lot of the draft guys on the board really like him. They think he WILL make the 53 man roster. He sounds like he'll be a solid ST guy.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

He should have been drafted. He was my top undrafted linebacker target.

13. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Agreed, Roth and maybe 3 to 4 sacks aren't gonna make this team better, especially for 3 million. Dinosaur Arms really isn't the passrusher he was in college, so he doesn't significantly improve the OLB position other than experience wise.

I'd much rather see Westerman as the 3rd OLB than Roth...

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Pre-draft review of Bellore... sounds like a Rex kind of guy.

Overview: Bellore is the third all-time leading tackler for the Chippewas with almost 500 tackles in his career. He is a three-time MAC first-teamer and has been a key leader for the defense during his time at CMU.

Strengths:
    Strong and durable. Started 51 consecutive games until a 16-stitch cut to his lip sidelined him. Plays downhill and able to shed and tackle in the hole. Good lateral movement with good pursuit speed. Drops well in zone coverage, with speed to handle most backs and TEs. Very productive and finds his way to the ball. Could make immediate contribution on special teams.

Weaknesses:
    Sometimes too aggressive to commit and takes himself out of good pursuit angles. Not elite speed, but still agile and willing to hit.

15. Montana

Montana Member

Except Matt Roth had almost double the quarterback pressures of any LB on our team last year...

4 sacks, 10 QB Hits, and 40 QB pressures.......yeah, I think we could use that.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I wonder if we are going to hear anything more re trades - from that presser a few days ago with Tanny and Rex you could hardly stop Tanny dropping hints that trade(s) were in the pipeline

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Wow Darren Sharper would a huge improvement, hes one of the best safetys in the league imo...

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets say they are broke and unless that's a lie they are done.

19. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Darren Sharper can hold ma diiick.

We're fine at safety with the Pool signing. If we need to spend any more money, it should be for an OLB.

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's only so much even Tanny can do. Especially since some of the restructuring got canceled at the last minute. As it is, Holmes, Cromartie and Harris got huge raises and we were already close to the cap anyway.