Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Shut up
    ---------

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

its highly possible.

im sure rex would rather a guy not learn bad habits in the process of all the knowledge ellis COULD teach him.

i wouldve offered him 2.5 or 3mil. unless the jets have something else up there sleeve.

which might be the main reason he only got vets minimum.

3. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

don't buy this at all

4. JetAddict

JetAddict New Member

what a traitor. screw the pats

5. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

Please, please, Kendall was demanding extra money and went to the media. Do you remember that fiasco? The FO had no choice but to simply get rid of them for the 4th round pick from the deadskin....

I suppose renegotiating a 34 year old guard's contract to allow a slight improvement to our line was worth opening up future disgruntled players to screw with our cap.

Kendall had 3 years left on his deal ---> he needed to "man up" and deal with the fact that he signed a contract...

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

WTF is Russ Tucker to know anything...one more Jets hater to put on your ignore list.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

shaun ellis is a bitch. he is crying to the patriots media that mr. t didnt want him anymore.

8. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Shaun got his final payday. As has been said that is tonne of money for what he'll bring to the Pats if we had have kept him imagine the howls of outrage if we met 60% of that.

The vet minimum offer was clearly the FO's way of signalling that he would be no more than a situational player in the rotation.

The rumours regarding the potential for transferring bad habits is a strange one to consider unless Ellis was out of shape or perhaps the blood tests showed something if he reported. No scratch that I don't think he set foot in the building as he was an FA

Godspeed Big Katt enjoy your final balloon payment to your pension

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Can we put this fucking soap opera in the grave now?

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It's pretty ridiculous how much the media blew the whole thing out of proportion.. they totally took Rex's words out of context. Very Cimini and Florio thing to do.

11. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Somehow this got lost in all of the Martin28 stupidity and wasn't rightfully skewered. First off, Ellis is getting $5 mil for 1 year from the Pats. Second, our best D-Lineman the way YOU watch games? How is that, with a blindfold on??
    He was ok last year but it's clear he has lost a step and paying him what he got from the Pats for the playing time he'd get was not prudent. Paying him for 2 years would be just plain dumb.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

this is sarcasm right?

anyway I could believe Tucker is right here. I could see Ellis being complacent (lazy?) in practice being in the same place for so many years. He might like Rex and not acting of disrespect, rather just way way too comfortable.

This is bad for Rookies, especially when you invest what the Jets have in Wilkerson. Rex is a great motivator and could really inspire Wilk, but if he sees a Shaun Ellis not working as hard, and possibly the old vet rolling his eyes when he and others buys into the system (its natural). It could have a real negative influence on the kid. Especially if Shaun Ellis is playing more and they hold him back on the bench for not being ready.

I completely believe this report. By offering him the vet minimum they were clearly showing they aren't completely happy with his body of work. Maybe its best for everyone, as Shaun was getting too comfortable with the Jets and the Jets were getting too comfortable with Shaun Ellis. it could do both good (hopefully not Ellis and the Pats tho LOL)

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Pschyological exam, no?

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wish to beat them with a frying pan.

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

After seeing the offer he got from the Pats, its a dead issue concerning Ellis and his tenure/loyalty with the Jets.

Take away his Pats playoff game and he was losing a step...not a 3-4 defensive end...the list goes on and on.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Words of fucking wisdom from none other than Don.

Lock this fiasqo up....................

17. Professor Frink

Honest question. Was there any defensive lineman on the Jets last year that played more snaps than Ellis?

18. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

The way I see it is the Pats don't like what they are getting out of their young guys in TC. They signed Haynesworth, Ellis and Andre Carter. I like that our new guys are getting the workload. Have to look for the coming years too you know...

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

They are shitting bricks over Ellis' paycheck on the patsforum....

As they should.

And now they signed Carter for a bundle too.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How typical of Belicheat would it be for him to pick Ellis' brain about RR's defense and cut him before salaries are guaranteed? I almost hope it happens, and he comes back!

I know, I know, wishful thinking.